Picking a Movie for tonight

Feb 12, 2007
SANTA MONICA,CA
sorry i just remember, "the cleaner" with samual l jackson. for the ladies of this sit watch "definetly , maybe"."my mom's new boyfriend" meg ryan, antonio banderes."my bluberry nights" i watched all of these movies with my girlfriend, i know, i know, i'm very "zaleel" and she loved all those movies. scary movie watch "Shutter", "Ruins", and i'm big Mel Gibson fan,"Braveheart", "Apocalipto".
"my bluberry nights" is with Nora Jones, yas the singer.

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
oldies: Splendor in the grass..great Natalie Wood movie

Did u guys see Irressitable life.with Jude law...good movie for any bachelore who has been through a few relationships.and..

Dangerous Liasons..Glenn Close and ..I forgot..great one though...

Zopyrus

Bench Warmer
Aug 11, 2004
I don't know how hot you are on Anime, but i really recommend watching 'Death Note' an anime of 37 episodes.

A masterpiece of mindplaying! If you will watch it, don't DL it with english voices!

"Yagami Light is an ace student with great aspects who's bored out of his mind. One day he finds the Death Note, a notebook held by a shinigami (Death God). With the Death Note in hand, Light decides to create a perfect world. A world without crime or criminals. However when criminals start dropping dead one by one, the authorities send the legendary detective L to track down the killer."

Light Yagami is an extremely intelligent young man who resents the crime and corruption in the world. His life undergoes a drastic change when he discovers a mysterious notebook, known as the "Death Note", lying on the ground. The Death Note's instructions claim that if a human's name is written within it, that person shall die. Light is initially skeptical of the notebook's authenticity, but after experimenting with it, Light realizes that the Death Note is real. After meeting with the previous owner of the Death Note, a shinigami named Ryuk, Light seeks to become "the God of the New World" by passing his judgment on those he deems to be evil or who get in his way.

Soon, the number of inexplicable deaths of reported criminals catches the attention of the International Police Organization and a mysterious detective known only as "L". L quickly learns that the serial killer, dubbed by the public as "Kira" (キラ, "Kira"? derived from the Japanese pronunciation of the word "killer"), is located in Japan. L also concludes that Kira can kill people without laying a finger on them. Light realizes that L will be his greatest nemesis, and a game of psychological cat and mouse between the two begins.

Romira

IPL Player
Dec 13, 2002
middle of no where
Here are short list of what i have liked and do remember for now:

Leonardo DiCaprio
-The Aviator
-The Departed
-Catch Me if you can

Matt Damon
-The Talented Mr. Ripley
-Bourne Ultimatum
-Bourne Identity

Russell Crowe
-The beautiful Mind
-Gladiator
-The insider
-L.A Confidential

Viggo Montensen
-History of violence
-Eastern Promises

Colin Farrell
-Phone boot
-Hart's War
-The Recruit

John Trovalta
-Pulp Fiction
-The love song for Bobby Long

Feb 12, 2007
SANTA MONICA,CA
did anybody watched "Harold & Kumar escape from Guantanamo Bay" when they go to miami, they say lets see our friend raaza is that agha reza ye khodemon, if yes vagean iraneya fagat metonan chenen party bendazan, what a party,okey movie.
recomend to everyone watch "21" good movie."Doomsday" for action fan.

Aug 26, 2005
I don't know how hot you are on Anime, but i really recommend watching 'Death Note' an anime of 37 episodes.

A masterpiece of mindplaying! If you will watch it, don't DL it with english voices!

"Yagami Light is an ace student with great aspects who's bored out of his mind. One day he finds the Death Note, a notebook held by a shinigami (Death God). With the Death Note in hand, Light decides to create a perfect world. A world without crime or criminals. However when criminals start dropping dead one by one, the authorities send the legendary detective L to track down the killer."
Sounds extraordinary. I am fine with Anime - in fact, I adore some of them. In general, I have a wide-ranging taste.

If I find the time one day I will try to get them.

Aug 26, 2005
I will add what I thought of Dark Knight from another thread:

The Dark Knight is not your typical superhero movie. It's pretty deep, asks tough questions and is well shot and acted. It could be nominated for movie of the year.

Heath Ledger was also amazing. His Joker trounces on anything anyone else did with the same role. He should get at least nominated, and not for sentimentality but to win.

This is one of those rare movies where the hype was matched by the actual movie.

Aug 26, 2005
Lately, I've been trying to see films with excellent scores. I am as into music as I am into film and when those two combine well, damn...you can't help the feelings you get.

I was watching Terms of Endearment again the other day, and I realised how beautiful the score was. Especially the end theme. I am looking for films with great scores right now. BTW, Terms of Endearment is also one of the great all-time movies, for those who haven't seen it. Debra Winger and Shirley MacLaine give it their all in this performance. A heartfelt relationship between mother and daughter. THAT Shirley MacLaine scene, where her daughter is in pain and she is asking the nurses to give her daughter the shot already...amazing. One of those small stories with big and deep themes.

Here is that scene I was talking about (embedding disabled so I will give link):

youtube.com/watch?v=sWZOhQlJdN8

Here is the Terms of Endearment end-theme I was talking about, after 0:25 - where the strings come in - I feel my soul collapse and slowly rebuild on itself.

Aug 26, 2005
Kaz, i agree with you about the Dark Knight. I think that it definately lived up to the hype.

I just saw "In Bruges" starring Colin Farrell, and i definately recommend it.
It was one of those dark comedies, and had its share of action. Two thumbs up.
Oh yeah, not sure if I mentioned In Bruges here but it is also one of the best movies of the year.

In my mind I think of Colin Farrell as a dickhead but for some strange reason I am very endeared to him in movies - must be a good actor. Brenden Gleeson is a very underrated actor and the chemistry between the two is tangible. You'd think a hitman trying to save another hitman, that he barely knows, would sound stupid. Gleeson makes it believable and attracts your attention and to care for the two characters. Ralph Fiennes is also simply fiendish - great part.

It's one of those honest movies. Good story, good actors, good location and well shot. Didn't take a billion dollars to make but leaves an impression on you those films don't.

sarang

Bench Warmer
Nov 10, 2007
Newcastle
Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay is siiiiikk movie i watched it 3 times still enjoyed it lol
Soul Plane siikk as well i watch it quite while back lol
nd the one i watched afew days ago

You dont mess with the zohan loool adam sandler enuff saiddddd

British movie
Adulthood ... certain man tryin say its nt gd but i enjoy watchin it if u havent watched first part kidulthood then watch that first then adulthood

Aug 26, 2005
I just saw "The Last Emperor" and man...what a movie. Amazing life. It is the story of the last emperor of China and his story parallel's with China's journey to what it is today (or in 1987, when the film was made). I can't imagine how weird it must feel for someone to be so supremely worshiped in that haven that the Forbidden Kingdom looks like and then years later see people visit it as a tourist attraction. How one can go from Emperor to a gardener. To be so powerful yet so impotent.

Aug 19, 2006
Fight Club anyone? (1999, brad pitt and edward norton..)
god that movie is awesome and deep.
i think other great movies that i might add are the departed and the shawshank redemption