Picking a Movie for tonight

Jun 26, 2007
Being a fan of horror flicks, I must say Midnight Movie was awsome!
The first 20 minutes will bore the hell out of you...but once all the actors are in the cinema...then the action/horror/confusion starts...

Its an independent film by the way.

Way better than any horror films I have seen in the last couple of years
(Dead Silence was an exception)

Cant wait for The Tattooist to come out

Oct 20, 2002
UAE
Watched Slumdog Millionaire a few days ago. All I can say is wow. One of the best movies of all times (even though the poster and the fact that people think it is a typical Indian movie doesn't help, but when you start watching you get so involved in it.)

Aug 26, 2005
I saw the movie "The Namesake" a while ago, I forgot to mention it.

Just a beautiful movie, in every way that it should be. It registered with me deeply and towards the end I found the lump in my throat to heavy to bear and the tears to strong to hold. It tells the story of an Indian family; their journey of migration and their subsequent life in America. It tells the story of all such families that have made such trips. Most in this site will think this film tells their story in a way.

Dev Patel of Harold and Kumar is in it and does pretty well. It was hard to imagine him being serious but in the end I think he did his character justice. Indian actors Tabu and Irrfan Khan are brilliant in this. Especially Irrfan Khan who is one of my most favourite actors. He also played in Slumdog Millionaire recently. There's this scene he has with his son (when he is still very young) on the beach and a rock...what he says to him at that moment made me absolutely lose it. In fact, I decided to upload it in case anyone wanted to see it, even though some may not understand why it's such an important scene. It's a very small file. It won't spoil the film or anything, and if you watch the movie when it comes you will see exactly why it gets me.

I just want everybody who hasn't seen this movie to see it. I know to some they won't feel the affinity I did, but for those that it does leave an impression on; it will be long-lasting and make you look at life with a better perspective IMO.

The best way to sum this little review up is with the dedication made at the end of the movie:

"For our parents who gave us everything"

Last edited:

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Gotta see Slumdog Millionaire. It really is a good one.
Sort of reminded me of an older Indian must-see movie, Salaam Bombay.
Watched Slumdog Millionaire a few days ago. All I can say is wow. One of the best movies of all times (even though the poster and the fact that people think it is a typical Indian movie doesn't help, but when you start watching you get so involved in it.)
i watched slumdog tonight and WOW WOW WOW ... one of the best movies i seen recently ... HIGHLY recommended.

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
Watched "The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons". Don't let the slow beginning turn you off; a very enjoyable movie.

I also watched "The Day the Earth Stood Still". Although I like Sci-Fi movies, this one lets a lot to be desired. With Keano Reaves as the laeding actor, I should have known better.

Zopyrus

Bench Warmer
Aug 11, 2004
I watched "Battle of the Wits", chinese movie, very nice! Love it!

Has a good IMDB rating. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0485863/

In 370 B.C, China was separated as seven nations and several other small tribes, one of these being the city state of Liang. The nation of Zhao is led by the terrifying prime commander Xiang Yangzhong who orders his troops to launch an attack on Liang in a bid to conquer the small city. Leaping to the defense of the cowed people of Liang is a warrior who goes by the name of 'Ge Li' from the Mo-Tsu tribe, renowned for its defensive skills. He is their last hope as the terrors of Yangzhong's troops are unleashed. The future of Liang now hangs in the balance, with all their hopes pinned on the mysterious Mo-Tsu warrior Ge Li...

Really recommended.

Also, "Death Note" - an anime of 30+ parts. Must see. Clash of two masterminds!

Aug 26, 2005
i heard MILK is also good, havnt watched it yet. i know it animation but anyone seen E-Wall ? i hear its awesome
E-Wall? You mean, Wall-E?

Yeah, it's very good. Pixar are way in front in their animatiton and story telling.

As Jack Black mentions:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INBS3Jhe-bU[/ame]