Picking a Movie for tonight

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
I heard about something that immediately made me think ..man...u need a good movie script writer to make a movie about this...

U know that the whole or a big part of shia islam beleif is the " return of Mahdi "...right..? do u know that we have 3 to perhaps 5 " Mahdi's" in Jail right now..in absolute solitary conditions....and more that I just can't say.....the thing is...these prisoners do have special powers or abilities over a normal human being...otherwise u find crazy lunatics claiming to be him every day around here.....but these people did enough wierd shit when asked to " prove it "...that ended up getting them back in the hole.....I just LOL'd my butt off ....but then thought..wow...this is movie material......These guys ( Mahdi's) apparently still do crazy tricks...if u will...with their captors...to a point can not get anyone to kill them ...cuz they r considered blasphemous anyhow and subject to death anyway.....btw- I would not even say it here if I did not totally trust my source here....

Sorry Kaz....didn't mean to derail ur thread....I do like movies and to me this could be a good one if done right...

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
A couple of weeks ago I saw Intouchables which is a French movie. It was pretty good and funny. Watch it if you are not the actiuon movie type.

Dec 12, 2002
usa
recent years i liked the training day, powerful acting and story .
bunch of good movie is coming now, i guess lincoln something i will look forward to watch it .well, it seems like steven will come out with another master piece .

AFRIRAN

IPL Player
Jun 8, 2010
I didn't see it , but who in the Earth believes USA didn't put Akhoonds in power themselves , like what recent regym they put it up in egypt, Libya, sudan and etc..

bulshit

Ps. by the way Ben Affleck look turning as Chuck Norris and all the moustaches are fake .......HAHAHAHA

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
I saw it last night, it brought back a lot of memory, specially my flight with 5 other fellow Iranians from Istanbul to Germany without a visa. My adventure was as breathtaking as the movie.
Bye the way I couldn't remember the regime using kids to put together those shredded papers. I think they used university students (sarbazan arhe emam).

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Haven't posted here in ages but I just saw a Documentary which rocked me to my core. Amazing story, incredibly sad and moving. It is called "Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father".

This is the beginning of a review I found on the net that gives you an idea of what you're going to expect:

Don't look for anything else though. Don't watch a trailer, don't read about it; just get it and watch it.
Kaz khoda begam chikaret nakone! What a completely f****cked up story!!! This is a case which should have come out in the world media as a bomb at the time it happened. Judging by what big news usually come out, this would have become a bomb! I don't know why it didn't come out. What a motherf*****ing /(&&/%¤& ()&/(&(& (&(&(/ (/&(/&.... b******!!!!!!!! I'm completely messed up man! huuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Aug 26, 2005
Kaz khoda begam chikaret nakone! What a completely f****cked up story!!! This is a case which should have come out in the world media as a bomb at the time it happened. Judging by what big news usually come out, this would have become a bomb! I don't know why it didn't come out. What a motherf*****ing /(&&/%¤& ()&/(&(& (&(&(/ (/&(/&.... b******!!!!!!!! I'm completely messed up man! huuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
It's not for the weak hearted. It's very sad. But it is somewhat heartwarming at the end.

I found someone has actually uploaded it to Youtube. It's worth watching...grab yourself a popcorn.

[video=youtube;bHaIYcWbnFM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHaIYcWbnFM[/video]

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
just looking at my 1000+ voting history at IMDB and here are what ive given 10 or 9 out of ten:

The Fog of War
The Big Lebowski
Blade Runner
Into the Wild
12 Angry Men
The Lives of Others
Full Metal Jacket
Eyes Wide Shut
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Mulholland Dr.
Samsara
Amour by Michael Haneke
21 Grams
Amores perros
Adaptation.
Punch-Drunk Love
Dogville
Talk to Her
Waking Life
Broken Flowers
Caché (Hidden)
Crimson Gold
Restrepo
Man on Wire
Deconstructing Harry
Crimes and Misdemeanors
Melancholia
Revolutionary Road
Children of Men
Twelve Monkeys
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Paths of Glory
The Motorcycle Diaries
Once Upon a Time in Anatolia
The Conversation
Senna
Another Year
Husbands and Wives
Broken Embraces
Solaris
The Edge of Heaven

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
I'm perhaps having bias but, Seperation ( Nader & Simin) deserves to be in that 1000 best movies list...then again his ( Farhadi's) Shahr e Ziba is also 1/1000 Candidate...

hadn't seen "Two Lovers" with Juaquin Phenix till last night....I liked it..good movie..don't know how old it is...is it the one after which Phenix kind of lost it and tried rapping for awhile?.....

Btw- I really like to see his last one " the Master' supposedly about Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbord...

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
A Seperation is definitley up there. I just didn't put it as I think almost everyone here must have seen it...

Two lovers is actually a great film.. I really loved it..

The Master was so close to being a masterpiece.. Thomas Paul Anderson is one of my all time fav directors.. so i was really looking forward to this..
it has some of the best performances I have seen in a long time..the cinematography was so good I wanted to lick the screen.. the soundtrack was just brilliant.. everything about this film is so captivating... however, It felt like it dragged down towards the end in an unappealing way.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
The other night I saw a Very Harold and Kumar Christmas. Its a "smoke a joint and watch" type of movie. It had some funny parts.
I am a fan of comedies. Any recent comedies worth watching out there?

ferdosi

Bench Warmer
Apr 21, 2004
I'm not sure if this movie have been mentioned here in the past but I just saw "The Tall Man" on netflix; It was really good. Strongly recommend it.

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
best years of our lives from 1940s staring dana andrews (I think i said this already) and fred march myrna loy great movie about coming back home after the war (zionist imposed wwii) and readjusting to everything including family members. very touching and that idiots billy wilders masterpiece

razor's edge another 1940 movie staring Tyron Powers and it is about finding yourself...its one of the best movies out there

all Frank Capra's movies like mr smith goes to washington, its a wonderful life, meet john doe (this 1 is a must see) all of them are must see, capra was way ahead of everyone cuz the bad guys in his movies always say we control the news papers/media, we control the banks and we control the govt.
great guy... god bless his soul

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
A Seperation is definitley up there. I just didn't put it as I think almost everyone here must have seen it...

Two lovers is actually a great film.. I really loved it..

The Master was so close to being a masterpiece.. Thomas Paul Anderson is one of my all time fav directors.. so i was really looking forward to this..
it has some of the best performances I have seen in a long time..the cinematography was so good I wanted to lick the screen.. the soundtrack was just brilliant.. everything about this film is so captivating... however, It felt like it dragged down towards the end in an unappealing way.
I liked seperation myself but I donno how it got an oscar because it related to iranian traditions and culture...I guess that just goes to show how humans are the same and have a lot in common if they put their imposed customes and cultures aside , what i am saying is that our culture and traditions are more like human and not something made for us in holeywod like the americans so you tend to go back to your human roots.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
The other night I saw a Very Harold and Kumar Christmas. Its a "smoke a joint and watch" type of movie. It had some funny parts.
I am a fan of comedies. Any recent comedies worth watching out there?
Its cool but the first two are much better. The story has kind of lost its original sense and they tried doing too much with the trilogy.... A good light comedy that I always find funny is blue streak......

For those that have not seen this movie its a great movie about Russian mob in London. It has depth and some great acting. Definitely good to watch......

[video=youtube;i9703ZTAKeo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9703ZTAKeo[/video]