Please help !!! I need persian quotes for my Tattoo ( about Iran, War, Kings ..)

Mar 7, 2004
Hi everyone,

im getting my full back tattoed with Takhteh Jamshid and so on and I need the best quote to tatto it

it should be about iran, about an iranian king like his best speach or a great speach about war or enemies by any persia king.

i really search since 4-5 hours already i cant find anything , only love poems.

i want it to be tattoed in persian, but i need it in english to understand it. please post both english and farsi and also farsin in latin font.

Right now i have only :

Be a lion at home and a fox abroad. ( of who is it ? whats it like in farsi ?)

Agar Iran be joz viransara nist, man in viran sara ra doost daram

i like the last one very much, please help me its a decision for all my life, i also would be happy if you can find diffrent styles of writing of ur quote

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Interesting. Don't the English have something similar with the Queen in there? I remember that phrase but don't quite recall where and how it was used. Was it a chant in the military perhaps?

Nov 29, 2002
Mar 7, 2004
too late to learn farsi my ancestors love me thats enough and i love them 2, love is all in life, listen to my words ;)

Nov 29, 2002
Too late to learn Farsi, How old are you?

I have a British friend who is in his 50s, learned Farsi in his 40s and is now fluent. He can quote

Yes, love is all in life, for someone who says things like "dumb nigger". Listen to my words: Bani Adam Azaye Yek Digarand.

Know where you are coming from, not by superficial things like gangsta tattoos but by the words of your ancestors: Goftare Nik, Pendare Nik, Kerdare Nik.

Mar 7, 2004
i speak persian well but i can not start learning reading like a child with 26, im very busy with life, blame my parents and gangsta rap.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
If you want to go truly nationalistic this is the most famous line by Ferdosi.

http://www.google.com/search?q=cho+...gHGgoG4Dg&sqi=2&ved=0CC0QsAQ&biw=1920&bih=936

It means "If there is no Iran my body shall cease to exist"
I once got real drunk and high (don't do it kids , it kills your brain cells) , went truly Sangakistic and drove (don't drink and drive kids , it kills the joy of both) to this Tattoo joint to get this on my belly

چنین گفت رُستم به اسفندیار
که من گُشنَمه نون ِ سنگک بیار

It means : " If there is no Sangak my belly shall cease to exist "

Luckily , by the time i got there i was sober and the Tattoo joint was closed.so i headed to the next door bar and got me some more drinks and munchies. :)

Khorus

National Team Player
Oct 25, 2002
CA
Well, I am not a big fan of permanent body markings, but if there was one thing that I could tattoo on my body, it would be "goftar-e-nik, pendar-e-nik, kerdar-e-nik".

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
If you truly want to impress and show your love for your background, get this:

آخ بیا این همون پیرهن آستین کوتاه تنگ زرده است
بلا سر بزن به من که میشکونم واسه تو سر و دست
تربیتش نکردی خانوم این که مو "پوش" نمیداد
دورِ همی نمیرفت این "ساسی مانکن" گوش نمیداد