{Please Read} All changes are reveresed

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
I remember a few years ago I asked a couple of the ISP staff to remove their last names but they didn't think it was a big deal then now they know that you can't put your fvcking personal information on a site that opposes the government. By doing that not only you put yourself in danger but also your family members who visit Iran. Never underestimate the IRI that's why those threats should be taken seriously.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
I remember a few years ago I asked a couple of the ISP staff to remove their last names but they didn't think it was a big deal then now they know that you can't put your fvcking personal information on a site that opposes the government. By doing that not only you put yourself in danger but also your family members who visit Iran. Never underestimate the IRI that's why those threats should be taken seriously.
Maziar jan,
dont think you got the info right. when you, as the site owner, and owner of ISP server, want to register for ISP Server space and Domain name in the beginning, they ASK you for your FULL info, including first and last name, address, payment info,etc..and frankly since then anytime u search for ISP site tracking,etc ISP's owner names will fully appear bc servers are registered under their name.

so dont assume, they got this info from our "About us" page in ISP or something!lol there r far more accurate way of checking a site's real owners..

and thats exactly how all these yrs, they've managed to arrest Weblog site owners in Iran. cuz almost all of them(assuming they'd be safe, had fake names in their weblogs), but IR could easily find their IP Address,and server registration name to identify them and arrest them immediately in Iran.

Last edited:

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
Maziar jan,
dont think you got the info right. when you, as the site owner, and owner of ISP server, want to register for ISP Server space and Domain name in the beginning, they ASK you for your FULL info, including first and last name, address, payment info,etc..and frankly since then anytime u search for ISP site tracking,etc ISP's owner names will fully appear bc servers are registered under their name.

so dont assume, they got this info from our "About us" page in ISP or something!lol there r far more accurate way of checking a site's real owners..

and thats exactly how all these yrs, they've managed to arrest Weblog site owners in Iran. cuz almost all of them(assuming they'd be safe, had fake names in their weblogs), but IR could easily find their IP Address,and server registration name to identify them and arrest them immediately in Iran.
I'm sorry but your post doesn't make sense. First of all your comparing apples to oranges when you say the IRI arrested blogger using their IP address or server registrations. They can only do that in Iran because those sites originate in Iran and the IRI has control over the internet in Iran. Do you remember when everybody bashed yahoo because of allegedly yahoo provided the IRI with information about Iranian yahoo accounts? They can't implement the same strategy for sites registered outside of Iran and that's why they resort to other tactics . For example, a number of people were arrested when they arrived in Iran because the IRI managed to match face book profile photos with the information they had. When you put all the staff members first and last name on the About Us page that's going to make their job easier because that's the first place they would look at. Obtaining a persons first and last name is all they need to figure out who provides an anti-IRI platform and that's enough cause for them to arrest when arriving in Iran. And honestly I wouldn't be surprised because they've arrested many people for smaller issues than this.

Last edited:

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
^ Maziar jaan i agree with u , but when you suggested we remove "About us" page ISP was just a sport site mate, if we could go back in time, we would remove it.
I know we can't go back in time but the only reason I made that suggestion back then was because there were anti -iri discussions on the forum. Not as much as now but ISP compared to IK and PFDC was and still is the only sports site that had political discussions. Sports sites attract visitors from all sides so you would expect some to be pro-iri and all it takes is one crazy person to look up the names and then report it to the IRI authorities.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Maziar,

Prior to the June elections in Iran, none of us thought something like this could happen. I've never been a fan of hiding my identity and have been pretty open about it specially on this forum. I've never been scared of opposing the Islamic regime under my own name. Even prior to the June elections I had concerns about my safety here but that never stopped me from using my own name or having it in ISP's about page for years.

These days it's different though. As dayoos as the Islamic fascists had been in the past, they never showed signs of being this dayoos.

I'm still not scared or that concerned. We're all in it together and I'm a part of it too. If it serves to make the world a better place, I'll be more than happy to make the necessary sacrifices UNDER MY OWN IDENTITY.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
Maziar,

Prior to the June elections in Iran, none of us thought something like this could happen. I've never been a fan of hiding my identity and have been pretty open about it specially on this forum. I've never been scared of opposing the Islamic regime under my own name. Even prior to the June elections I had concerns about my safety here but that never stopped me from using my own name or having it in ISP's about page for years.

These days it's different though. As dayoos as the Islamic fascists had been in the past, they never showed signs of being this dayoos.

I'm still not scared or that concerned. We're all in it together and I'm a part of it too. If it serves to make the world a better place, I'll be more than happy to make the necessary sacrifices UNDER MY OWN IDENTITY.
I understand what you're saying but that's your personal opinion and I respect it. But others might think differently and not want their identity exposed. For the IRI to arrest Iranians who doesn't live in Iran is like hitting the jackpot, they just need a good excuse .

Last edited: