POST-MATCH Discussion: World Cup qualifiers: IRAN vs UZBEKISTAN

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
شاهکار جدید خیابانی: "رفتیم جام جهانی در نظامی پایدار و با مردم سالاری دینی"
گوزن... شقایق... پیوندتان مبارک!

Oct 1, 2004
Damet garm dear forum members for your wonderful posts. I really enjoy following the game along with you. The positivity of Babr, the no joy but secretly enjoying ways of BT, the Isfahaniness of Zob Ahan :), the jokes of Payandeh Iran... and all of you! Thank you.

As for the game itself, this was probably our 2nd worst performance of the whole campaign and that says alot! We have been very good even at its worse and we're at a level where we can say we are confidently better than Asia.
Now comes the hard part. Lots of physical preparation is required. None of the garbage schedule issues we have at the end of every season. Players need to focus on playing time and their condition instead of money.

As for the game itself.

MiMo, Taremi and Azmoun were our three stars of the game.
CQ had the perfect game plan for Uzbekistan.

Congratulations to all and may all our compatriots enjoy this joyous moment. Thank God for football. Brings us all together.

I hope CQ tests out many new players in the next 2 games and gets to work on getting us great training camps and friendlies because IFF even when trying isn't very good at it.

Nov 24, 2002
So what is your players rating out of 10 and who are your three stars:

Beiranvand 7
Hosseini 8
Pouraligani 8
Rezaeian 7
Milad Mohammadi 8
Ali karimi 7.5
Ezzatollahi 7.5
Shojaei 7
Jahanbakhsh 7
Taremi 8
Azmoun 9

Dejagah 7
Amiri 6

Three stars: Azmoun, Taremi, Milad Mohammadi

Nov 24, 2002
Damet garm dear forum members for your wonderful posts. I really enjoy following the game along with you. The positivity of Babr, the no joy but secretly enjoying ways of BT, the Isfahaniness of Zob Ahan :), the jokes of Payandeh Iran... and all of you! Thank you.

As for the game itself, this was probably our 2nd worst performance of the whole campaign and that says alot! We have been very good even at its worse and we're at a level where we can say we are confidently better than Asia.
Now comes the hard part. Lots of physical preparation is required. None of the garbage schedule issues we have at the end of every season. Players need to focus on playing time and their condition instead of money.

As for the game itself.

MiMo, Taremi and Azmoun were our three stars of the game.
CQ had the perfect game plan for Uzbekistan.

Congratulations to all and may all our compatriots enjoy this joyous moment. Thank God for football. Brings us all together.

I hope CQ tests out many new players in the next 2 games and gets to work on getting us great training camps and friendlies because IFF even when trying isn't very good at it.
Good to have you among us.

Chakerim

Oct 1, 2004
So what is your players rating out of 10 and who are your three stars:
i

Beiranvand 7
Hosseini 6.5
Pouraligani 8
Rezaeian 7
Milad Mohammadi 9
Ali karimi 7.5
Ezzatollahi 6
Shojaei 7 (9 if he had made the penalty)
Jahanbakhsh 7
Taremi 9
Azmoun 9

Dejagah 7
Amiri 5

Three stars: Azmoun, Taremi, Milad Mohammadi

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Well, I don't think there was much to rate other than the physical presence and interceptions (which were great).

Passing was pretty average and very low risk. Crossing was terrible. Dribbling was nonexistent and wing-play was very weak.

Iran was clearly the better team by a whole level. 2-0 was the least Iran should've wanted from this game. It finally came.

We've seen better games from Iran though.

Nov 24, 2002
Well, I don't think there was much to rate other than the physical presence and interceptions (which were great).

Passing was pretty average and very low risk. Crossing was terrible. Dribbling was nonexistent and wing-play was very weak.

Iran was clearly the better team by a whole level. 2-0 was the least Iran should've wanted from this game. It finally came.

We've seen better games from Iran though.
It wasn't the best game we played i agree, but don't forget the pressure of ''must winning and seal the qualification'' played into the equation as well.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
BTW, we really should thank our lucky stars for falling in this group. It was by far the easiest qualification group in our history. All other teams in our group are weaker than us and they're playing some of their worst football, while Iran is in relatively good form. I have never seen Korea, Qatar, Syria, China and Uzbekistan being so shit at the same time. They all play terrible football. Saudi, Japan, Australia and even UAE are all stronger than all teams in our group (except Iran)

Nov 24, 2002
BTW, we really should thank our lucky stars for falling in this group. It was by far the easiest qualification group in our history. All other teams in our group are weaker than us and they're playing some of their worst football, while Iran is in relatively good form.
Well 2014 was the same group with one less team, and 2006 group wasn't hard either, i still think we would be in top two of the other group as well.

People say Uzbeks are week, but i won't be surprised if they challenge Saudi/Australia in playoffs.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Beiranvand 6
Hosseini 8
Pouraligani 7
Rezaeian 8
Milad Mohammadi 8.5
Ali karimi 7
Ezzatollahi 7
Shojaei 4.5 (if he had scored the penalty, 6)
Jahanbakhsh 6.5
Taremi 8
Azmoun 9

Dejagah 6
Amiri 5.5

3 stars: Azmoun, Milad Mohammadi, CQ!

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Well 2014 was the same group with one more team, and 2006 group wasn't hard either, i still think we would be in top two of the other group as well.

People say Uzbeks are week, but i won't be surprised if they challenge Saudi/Australia in playoffs.
Not under normal circumstances. Uzbeks have no attacking flare. They can defend thanks to experienced defenders, but that's about it.

2014 was more challenging than this year. Both Korea and Uzbekistan were better than now.

2006 was a funny one. Our team was full of stars, but they were all pathetic for the most part. Lots of side-issues and jangoolak bazi in the team. I don't think anyone enjoyed that 2006 team despite its massive star-power and high price tag. In fact, that's precisely the year many people kind'a gave up their passion for Team Melli for a long time. Then came the disaster of WC2010 and really put the nail in the coffin.

CQ has revitalized both the team itself and people's view about national football. It's still not where it was in the late 90s and early 2000s, but if this team manages to get some decent results it might come back.

Nov 24, 2002
Not under normal circumstances. Uzbeks have no attacking flare. They can defend thanks to experienced defenders, but that's about it.

2014 was more challenging than this year. Both Korea and Uzbekistan were better than now.

2006 was a funny one. Our team was full of stars, but they were all pathetic for the most part. Lots of side-issues and jangoolak bazi in the team. I don't think anyone enjoyed that 2006 team despite its massive star-power and high price tag. In fact, that's precisely the year many people kind'a gave up their passion for Team Melli for a long time. Then came the disaster of WC2010 and really put the nail in the coffin.

CQ has revitalized both the team itself and people's view about national football. It's still not where it was in the late 90s and early 2000s, but if this team manages to get some decent results it might come back.
Or maybe Iran is much stronger as team.