Premier League's TV deal risks relegating Champions League into a second-tier competition

You can't make a league better like this ... except a few top teams I don't think there is any interest on Westham, New Castle , or Crystal palace outside the Island.

The new deal will just import more talents from all over Europe and makes the English football and potential talents worse than it is

This is Chelsea and arsenal squad for you in Week 25 and that deal is going to make it even worse

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2007
You can't make a league better like this ... except a few top teams I don't think there is any interest on Westham, New Castle , or Crystal palace outside the Island.

The new deal will just import more talents from all over Europe and makes the English football and potential talents worse than it is

This is Chelsea and arsenal squad for you in Week 25 and that deal is going to make it even worse

not sure what your point is. first of all, that these teams dont have enough english players? who cares!? why is that important even?

1st of all it is an international major league, should not be presented or dominated by players from one country or another anyways, we are no longer in the 70s and 80s

2-these teams and players regardless of where they come from play and learn to play it the english or EPL way, EPL has a distinctive style no other can replicate

3-the action on the field and the atmosphere, tradition and passion in stadiums - leeds to newcastle is like no other and that is one big reason for the draw

4-EPL is only getting deeper, every player on mid table teams like newcastle or everton and even QPR are internationals and competition is as fierce as ever. and yes there is massive following of every team in EPL - just cause you dont know anything about it doesnt mean its not there

5-in case you didnt notice there are even more foreign players on the only 2 teams in spain Real and Barca, where do you think messi, mascherano, rakitic,neymar, suarez, CR, bale, james, benzema, modric, khadira, kroos,.....etc are from genius ! LOL these are the best players on Real and Barca!

Dude I understood what you said ,, first of all this is a week old news and everyone been talking about it already, Second of all why are you obsessed with Madrid and Barca , who talked about Madrid and Barca .. the TV right in Spain is not being used and given the same way in England but that's not the point. I said the deal is not helping the English football because a team like Let's say stoke prefer to bring and import from barca youth than looking in their own back yard or even Southampton who got a better academy .. when clubs have a lot of money then it's easier for them to import than growing, so the England national team won't benefit this in the long term.. this has nothing to do if EPL is a better or worse in any terms ...

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I'm really interested to know how such monstrous payouts are recouped (and even made profitable?!!) by these TV networks. Do companies who sponsor these programs really find their advertising all that effective? We're talking billions of pounds here. It's quite hard to believe.

I'm really interested to know how such monstrous payouts are recouped (and even made profitable?!!) by these TV networks. Do companies who sponsor these programs really find their advertising all that effective? We're talking billions of pounds here. It's quite hard to believe.
Over all EPL has a good marketing strategy and mostly is due to their early kick off schedule . Far east country such as Thailand, taiwan , Hong kong and china spend crazy money to buy the right and that market alone will almost cover the half of the cost ...

Nov 29, 2002
Its because EPL has now become a religion bigger than Christianity or Islam. Thailand is obsessed with football. Even previously smaller markets like Australia and NZ broadcast every single damn EPL game live! At ridiculous times in the morning! But also think of places like Nigeria (160 million people), China, Indonesia, Malaysia, many other African and Asian countries. Just a huge obsessed market. Football forums for Chelsea and Arsenal on the internet, so many of them now are just 90% posts by Robert from Accra, Said from Muscat, Latif from Kuala Lumpur...

Who would have thought in the mid 90s when EPL's foreign players were mainly scandinavian or irish and it was light years behind Serie A, that fast forward 20 years and it has become this big. The world's biggest money spinning operation. The only surprise for me is that the money isn't even more. This is going to become like the NBA now, but instead of Basketball which has 20-30 countries heavily interested we're talking about the sport which has every single country in the world interested.

Nov 29, 2002
By the way, I know certain of our forum members who have a severe oghdeh relating to pecuniary issues are happy for money to be thrown into something and they believe in the following equation:

Greater money = greater spectacle

Obviously for 99% of people this isn't the case. And it's so refreshing to see how big-money sides struggle against no-namers like what is happening as we speak (Man united vs preston, though I don't want to jinx as game is still hapepening). This obsession with money in football and elsewhere brings a lack of soul. And where heart and soul is most important is in the knockout competitions like FA cup.

Mar 13, 2007
Dude I understood what you said ,, first of all this is a week old news and everyone been talking about it already, Second of all why are you obsessed with Madrid and Barca , who talked about Madrid and Barca .. the TV right in Spain is not being used and given the same way in England but that's not the point. I said the deal is not helping the English football because a team like Let's say stoke prefer to bring and import from barca youth than looking in their own back yard or even Southampton who got a better academy .. when clubs have a lot of money then it's easier for them to import than growing, so the England national team won't benefit this in the long term.. this has nothing to do if EPL is a better or worse in any terms ...

who cares, why is this even important? so they shouldnt have the premier league in worlds most popular sport cause their national team may not perform as well once every 4 years in some dumb sub-standard tourney?

with or without worlds premier league certain countries like england will never win and are not specialized in winning these traditional, oldschool tourneys like world cup or EC. doesnt matter anymore, CL and EPL titles are the prime prize in sport of soccer.
world and EC are just some side clown shows anyways.

by the way, go to engurland and ask any hardcore fan of tottenham, westham, newcastle, leeds, liverpool,....if they rather have their clun team winning the EPL or england winning the world cup and see what they say

Mar 13, 2007
I have already said for few years now, as time goes on with the depth and money in EPL, CL will no longer be a priority for EPL teams who can earn 3 times as much by placing higher in the EPL table than by winning CL!!!

Pretty soon EPL teams will treat CL like europa league and league cup

and as i have been saying for a few years now, depth of EPL, schedule and competitiveness of EPL will only be more detrimental to EPL teams in europe. the grind is simply too much, they will have to rotate between exhausted squads constantly. Who do PSG, Bayern, Real and Barca have to play!? they can beat the next best teams in their leagues with their b squads!

meanwhile look at EPLs last place team QPR! close to 15 internationals on that tea. If they were in bundesliga they would probably finish 2nd!

Nov 29, 2002
meanwhile look at EPLs last place team QPR! close to 15 internationals on that tea. If they were in bundesliga they would probably finish 2nd!
QPR are a pile of shite. Stuttgart are last in the Bundesliga and have 15 internationals.

EPL is stronger than Bundesliga but Stuttgart is better than QPR so your point is shit. Get outta here, freshie. You know nothing about sport

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Bullshit conjecture. The word 'risk' must have escaped your attention. It doesn't mean it's happened already or that it will happen.

By the way, there is a lot of money in progressing in the CL, which is not to be sniffed at, even for EPL clubs that make a lot of money already.

Mar 13, 2007
QPR are a pile of shite. Stuttgart are last in the Bundesliga and have 15 internationals.

EPL is stronger than Bundesliga but Stuttgart is better than QPR so your point is shit. Get outta here, freshie. You know nothing about sport

You wont even be able to name 4 players on bayern let alone who plays on stuttwhat? get outta here ........, you know nothing, go lookup wikipedia and lookup another topic to troll on.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
Clueless donk, come to England and talk to fans and soak the atmosphere. Listen to club officials and chairmen, coaches and players, commentators and ex-pros. You will soon understand why you sound so stupid. You have no clue sitting in CA.

Mar 13, 2007
Clueless donk, come to England and talk to fans and soak the atmosphere. Listen to club officials and chairmen, coaches and players, commentators and ex-pros. You will soon understand why you sound so stupid. You have no clue sitting in CA.

lol @ come to engurland to talk to chairman, coaches, players,commentators!!!! LOLLLLLL. I can do that when i come there!? i didnt know you had access to them when you are there but not when you are here in states! LOL

funny thing i do talk to neil barnett and ray hudson and others you dont even come close to! so i probably have more access to the games and the pundits and experts than you would ever have but you dont know anything about that! Plus why would location have anything to do with facts and what you know or dont! then I suggest you shouldnt say anything about NFL,. basketball, hockey or american poilitics or entertainment and etc as you dont live here! LOLL what a donkey !!

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I hope by CA you mean Canada not Cali.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005

lol @ come to engurland to talk to chairman, coaches, players,commentators!!!! LOLLLLLL. I can do that when i come there!? i didnt know you had access to them when you are there but not when you are here in states! LOL

funny thing i do talk to neil barnett and ray hudson and others you dont even come close to! so i probably have more access to the games and the pundits and experts than you would ever have but you dont know anything about that! Plus why would location have anything to do with facts and what you know or dont! then I suggest you shouldnt say anything about NFL,. basketball, hockey or american poilitics or entertainment and etc as you dont live here! LOLL what a donkey !!
What I am trying to say to you clueless crackhead is this: no one, I mean no one in this country, from coaches to players to pundits to ex-players to club officials to fans to seasoned sports journalists who have followed English football for decades, none of them uses your logic to explain why they fail so miserably in Europe. They all agree on one thing: English teams are not good enough. This kind of childish excuse garbage only comes from a clueless Iranian "kaase daagh tar az aash" like you. You have not suddenly discovered the secret of English failure in Europe.

I am trying to make you understand this so you don't sound so foolish.