Propaganda!

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
The more things change…

I remember very well the era of a couple of years before the revolution. The anti Shah propaganda was so strong, and anyone who attempted to defend some of the things that were going on in Iran was rapidly tagged as an idiot, insensitive to the plight of the poor, and the pain of thousands of victims of Savak and the bloodthirsty Shah who was a puppet of USA and a servant of Israel. The underlined were some of the propaganda talking points which had been deliberately and systematically being implanted all over Iran. I had no illusions about what was taking place in Iran and even at a young age had a good handle on many deficiencies our country was suffering from, but I also benefited from parents who constantly reminded me on how far the country had progressed in a few years. I often found myself alone in trying to put off the fire which I felt was engulfing in Iran, since most who felt like me had been taught not to get involved in politics. The constant anti-Iran propaganda had worked to perfection, especially on our university students getting our country ready for the national suicide that was to follow. Well that was then…..But what about now?

Is our youth any less susceptible to the constant barrage of propaganda that goes on around us, both inside and outside Iran? I see the same type of propaganda, this time targeting both Iran and America. I have yet to come up with any good explanation other than the same entity that sacrificed a decent Iran for it’s own survival is now after an even bigger victim – America. I think the great success of America and it’s new allies, coupled with the constant crash of the British and the Russian empires after WW2, once again caused a dark alliance (after the 1907 Anglo-Russian Entente) between the two.

As an Iranian/American I can’t help but to notice how easy Iranian youth in America can be navigated to serve political agendas of the Democrat Party, even when they are in direct conflict with American interests, and the national interests of Iran and Iranians inside Iran. My intention here is certainly not to take sides with either political party (I think they both require serious overhaul), but to examine social impacts of propaganda on the Iranian youth. Discussing different political issues with our youth these days brings back sad memories from the pre-revolution era. Seldom one encounters Iranian youngsters focused on specific issues, examining pros and cons of different issues subjectively, and not affected by the widespread propaganda – often using propaganda points and one-lines in their arguments. Mention the name Rush Limbaugh and all you hear are words like racist, warmonger, drug addict, insensitive to the poor and needy, anti-gay, anti women, ………. Yet this man is the most listened to in all of America. He must be saying something right otherwise he would not excel to such high levels of becoming the mouthpiece and top propagandist for the Republican side. How is one to protect him/herself against Rush and others like him if all you have to negate his propaganda is more propaganda? We must realize the fact that there is no way we can agree with a person on every issue, or disagree with 100% of what another person has to say. And Of-course this is not limited to our youth, since use of propaganda in today’s America has spread into news media as well as popular comedy and talk shows.

So, for the sake of Iran and America, especially at times when Iran is in a hole and America needs a decent ally in the world – please protect yourselves against falling for to the many propaganda machines active all around you. Also, if you are in America, please don’t get too involved in the Republican versus Democrat games – they are both equally susceptible to the bigger danger which means harm to both Iran and America.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Another bullshit piece full of opinions with zero facts. ZERO FUCKING FACTS.

As an Iranian/American I can’t help but to notice how easy Iranian youth in America can be navigated to serve political agendas of the Democrat Party, even when they are in direct conflict with American interests, and the national interests of Iran and Iranians inside Iran
Can you be specific for once??

Mention the name Rush Limbaugh and all you hear are words like racist, warmonger, drug addict, insensitive to the poor and needy, anti-gay, anti women, ………. Yet this man is the most listened to in all of America. He must be saying something right otherwise he would not excel to such high levels of becoming the mouthpiece and top propagandist for the Republican side.
Or the people who listen to him are racist, warmonger, drug addict, insensitive to the poor and needy, anti-gay, anti women. There are millions of them in America.

So, for the sake of Iran and America, especially at times when Iran is in a hole and America needs a decent ally in the world – please protect yourselves against falling for to the many propaganda machines active all around you.
Honestly, most people on this forum are pretty intelligent and look at all the facts, weigh all the evidence, and then make their decision. The only one that really shoves his head up the ass of media pundits and then discounts any and all facts is you. Ironic, no?

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position. As opposed to impartially providing information, propaganda in its most basic sense, presents information primarily to influence an audience. Propaganda often presents facts selectively (thus possibly lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or uses loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. The desired result is a change of the attitude toward the subject in the target audience to further a political agenda.

Propaganda is neutrally defined as a systematic form of purposeful persuasion that attempts to influence the emotions, attitudes, opinions, and actions of specified target audiences for ideological, political or commercial purposes through the controlled transmission of one-sided messages (which may or may not be factual) via mass and direct media channels.
Guess what, this makes YOU, MasoudA, IPS' chief propagandist. Congrats!! :)

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
so your point is????? Listen to Rush and join the republican party and never say anything that makes any sense. Thanks.

Feb 22, 2005
There is no difference between a facist ignorant narrow minded person like Rush Limbaugh and AhmadNejad. They are both fundamentalist rightist full of hate and bitterness. Both blame others for their shortcomings and try to take their bitterness and revenge on others yet both talk of being on God's side.

Dont think many on this side are true democrats (correct me if I am wrong) but feel that they are the better of the 2.

I prefer to support whoever is closer to being on the side of justice for humanity, full of love and compassion, and open minded to learn and choose based on what they see in front of them, rather people who are full of hatred, bitterness, narrow minded, who already have chosen what is good for them based on other's opinions, and people and books written thousand of years ago.

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
Yet this man is the most listened to in all of America. He must be saying something right otherwise he would not excel to such high levels of becoming the mouthpiece and top propagandist for the Republican side.
so if he is such a popular figure, why did the majority of Americans, overwhelmingly go the other way and vote for Obama?

Also, Lets see how many listeners RL actually has. Based on many sources the number varies between 15 to 30 million people. That's like 5 to 10 percent of the American population which constitutes a MINORITY. Even the atheists are more than that lol as they are about 40 million people disbelievers in the US.

lastly, since when the popularity of an idea or a figure make it somehow right? Based on your argument you must think what the Koran or Bible says MUST be true because there are Billions or Christians and Muslims around the world "otherwise it would not excel to such high levels"

Last edited:

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
You see Natural - I don't ignore you when you say things of some substance.

so if he is such a popular figure, why did the majority of Americans, overwhelmingly went the other way and voted for Obama?
I said he is the most listened to - meaning he has the most listeners - more than anyone on American airways - TV or Radio. I did not say most Americans love him and do what he says. I personally have a healthy love hate relationship with what he says. I love his stances and on ridiculousness of today's American so call politicians. At the same time I hate when he tries to shove criucial environmental issues under the rug in support of the interests of some big companies who probably sponsor his program.

Now you answer me:
Do you feel somewhat suseptible to all the propaganda around you. As one who has lived in USA for 40 years - I can assure you, I have never seen the level of propaganda in USA so high, so widespread, and so bluntly ridiculous.

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003

I said he is the most listened to - meaning he has the most listeners - more than anyone on American airways - TV or Radio. I did not say most Americans love him and do what he says. I personally have a healthy love hate relationship with what he says. I love his stances and on ridiculousness of today's American so call politicians. At the same time I hate when he tries to shove criucial environmental issues under the rug in support of the interests of some big companies who probably sponsor his program.

Now you answer me:
Do you feel somewhat suseptible to all the propaganda around you. As one who has lived in USA for 40 years - I can assure you, I have never seen the level of propaganda in USA so high, so widespread, and so bluntly ridiculous.

You just categorized RL as a form of propaganda (as he disses environmental issues in support of the interests of big companies who sponsor his program) yet you feel compelled by his stances on issues. Interesting...

you said:

"he is the most listened to - meaning he has the most listeners - more than anyone on American airways - TV or Radio. "

So what does this mean? what does this prove? please elaborate.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA

Now you answer me:
Come on man. You are so fucking passive aggressive its sick! Your point was that the democrats have "fooled" young Iranians into believing that they are better when in "reality" they are unamerican and against Iran in comparison with the republican party. You make this assertion without ONE fact, without reason, and without context. Its a joke.

Your ONLY example is that the dems have demonized Rush by using propaganda. That is fucking hilarious.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Your point was that the democrats have "fooled" young Iranians into believing that they are better when in "reality" they are unamerican and against Iran in comparison with the republican party. You make this assertion without ONE fact, without reason, and without context. Its a joke
thanx for the focus
but no I do not suggest Democrats are doing anything. I am suggesting Anglo-Russian aliance used the Democrats to %^$# Iran and is doing the same to screw America now.

If you don't mind now - WVU Game is about to start soon and I must go - I am watching it with some other WVU fans as well as some who went to Pitt and wish us pain.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
thanx for the focus
but no I do not suggest Democrats are doing anything. I am suggesting Anglo-Russian aliance used the Democrats to %^$# Iran and is doing the same to screw America now.

If you don't mind now - WVU Game is about to start soon and I must go - I am watching it with some other WVU fans as well as some who went to Pitt and wish us pain.
Huh?

As an Iranian/American I can’t help but to notice how easy Iranian youth in America can be navigated to serve political agendas of the Democrat Party
Then who's doing it? Martians?

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
the sign of "kam avordan" lol
Farbod (ADC) said:
Now you are just being a troll...
Thank God we have you guys in ISP.
There are some insightful political debates happening here.
Your dedication to exposing Masoud Propaganda in each post is highly appreciated.

I will not take more of your time and let you get back to this 3sum of the discussion you have going on.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
come on now, you can't expect people to take you seriously about politics when you think a clown like Rush Limbaugh somehow has great insight into American politics.

The guy himself probably doesn't believe half the crap that comes out of his mouth.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Thank God we have you guys in ISP.
There are some insightful political debates happening here.
Your dedication to exposing Masoud Propaganda in each post is highly appreciated.

I will not take more of your time and let you get back to this 3sum of the discussion you have going on.
I cant tell whether you are being sarcastic or not. Either way I wouldnt call it propaganda. My earlier comment was in jest at the irony of his OP.

I would classify it under horseshit or drivel...

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
Shahin Jaan,

Masoud is a respectable guy and I am sure very much so if you meet him in person. However, some of his posts are ridiculously comic.

I know you agree with the man on many points but you do not have to gang up with Masoud and support him on every subject!

Forgive me if I am blunt! But it is just my two cents worth of advice!

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
generalized vague ranting = sambal

Ref - thanks but no thanx.
If you have a specific comment about even ONE of many points I raised here, that then let's hear it. I see again - the name Rush Limbaugh triggered some pre-programmed minds - hence proving my point about propaganda.
BTW - you have been repeating the same type of sambal BS under just about all of my posts lately.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
Shahin Jaan,

Masoud is a respectable guy and I am sure very much so if you meet him in person. However, some of his posts are ridiculously comic.

I know you agree with the man on many points but you do not have to gang up with Masoud and support him on every subject!

Forgive me if I am blunt! But it is just my two cents worth of advice!
LOL , with all due respect, you have no idea what you are talking about here.
Forgive me if I am blunt as well.

Last edited: