Question for digital camera experts:

Pey_man

Bench Warmer
Dec 21, 2004
I know pooya asked a similar question a couple of weeks ago, but I looked at the thread and it didn't help me much. So, I would like to ask again.

I am looking for a good ultra compact digital camera. I am debating between the following cameras, can you tell me which one is the "best?" Also, please let me know if there is a different camera that you like more than these:
Thanks in advance.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Peyman,

where u gonna use your camera?!for parties, friends' gathering, or is it for trips?!

Among the 3 u posted, I would go with Canon. 4x Optical zoom and 6MP is more than enough for parties and stuff. My old camera was Canon SD100, 3 MP, 2x zoom(!!) but it would take good quality pics everytime!
Kodak is crap, sorry!!
Sony has a slow shutter speed, so it takes so long to let u take a 2nd shot after taking a shot. Canon is pretty fast in this area.

+ dont let 7,8,9 MegaPixels fool u, unless u r doing professional photography and gonna make big prints from your pictures, anything less than 6MP gonna be more than enough for clear pictures on computer. one downside to most of these compact cameras are their Lithium Battery. Once u run out of battery charge, ur screwed!!but AA batteries are much more convenient.

Goodluck!

Pey_man

Bench Warmer
Dec 21, 2004
Niloufar said:
Peyman,

where u gonna use your camera?!for parties, friends' gathering, or is it for trips?!

Among the 3 u posted, I would go with Canon. 4x Optical zoom and 6MP is more than enough for parties and stuff. My old camera was Canon SD100, 3 MP, 2x zoom(!!) but it would take good quality pics everytime!
Kodak is crap, sorry!!
Sony has a slow shutter speed, so it takes so long to let u take a 2nd shot after taking a shot. Canon is pretty fast in this area.

+ dont let 7,8,9 MegaPixels fool u, unless u r doing professional photography and gonna make big prints from your pictures, anything less than 6MP gonna be more than enough for clear pictures on computer. one downside to most of these compact cameras are their Lithium Battery. Once u run out of battery charge, ur screwed!!but AA batteries are much more convenient.

Goodluck!
Why do you say Kodak is crap? I don't know, but the one I posted seems pretty cool, it has 10x optical zoom, and blue tooth technology, so I can easly transfer the pics to my laptop that also has blue tooth.
I really dislike camera's that take AA batteries, because after 2 flashes, you need to change the batteries, so you have to keep 11239874 batteries in you pocket all the time.
I want the camera for parties, gathering, etc. But mainly I want a camera that is small and fits easily in my pocket. So I'm looking for the best, smallest camera!
with what you said, I guess I will go with the canon one.

Oh, I forgot to thank you, so..Thank you!

Khorus

National Team Player
Oct 25, 2002
CA
This is an excellent site that has detailed reviews of cameras with sample images that you can compare side by side. It should help you decide between these cameras. One thing I will tell you is that all these cameras are good and it may just come down to personal taste as far the looks and feel of the camera for you.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/

Khorus

National Team Player
Oct 25, 2002
CA
Pey_man said:
Why do you say Kodak is crap? I don't know, but the one I posted seems pretty cool, it has 10x optical zoom, and blue tooth technology, so I can easly transfer the pics to my laptop that also has blue tooth.
I really dislike camera's that take AA batteries, because after 2 flashes, you need to change the batteries, so you have to keep 11239874 batteries in you pocket all the time.
I want the camera for parties, gathering, etc. But mainly I want a camera that is small and fits easily in my pocket. So I'm looking for the best, smallest camera!
with what you said, I guess I will go with the canon one.

Oh, I forgot to thank you, so..Thank you!
One thing to consider when you are comparing AA batteries with Lithium-ion(Li) is that you can get Nimh AA batteries and charger and they last a long time. What I do is keep a set of alkalines in the camer bag just in case I run out. With LI batteries you are out of luck if you run out, because you will have to find a plug to plug the camera in, while with AAs you just throw the alkalines in for the moment to take a few more pictures and then charge the regular batteries when you get home.