Rafsanjani to start a New political parti

ferdosi

Bench Warmer
Apr 21, 2004
Yeah, the latest news says that he will be the head of a new political party, with him being the leader. The name of this new parti is B.A.A.D.
Rafsanjani mishe Rahbare hezbe BAAD.

It is so amuzing to me reading some of the members post. Some people seem to be really sad, that Hashemi did not win the election. Others think this is the end for Iran.

WTH, people, what are you afraid of? What is going to change. Some people say that we might lose our hard gained freedoms. Are you people being serious? What freedoms? Nothing will change, because nothing really changed in the first place (during reform era).

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
nothing really changed in the past eight years. That is very true for the "LA type" opposition (in LA or other places) who have their head burried in the sand. Indeed things still look very dark under the sand. And despite all the noise and activity that they hear coming from outside at the end of the day they tend to believe what they see (or rather don't see) more than what they hear. ;-)

ferdosi

Bench Warmer
Apr 21, 2004
ashtar said:
nothing really changed in the past eight years. That is very true for the "LA type" opposition (in LA or other places) who have their head burried in the sand. Indeed things still look very dark under the sand. And despite all the noise and activity that they hear coming from outside at the end of the day they tend to believe what they see (or rather don't see) more than what they hear. ;-)

Ashtar Jan I know that you are Hezbollahi and or atleast follower of this regime. I know that to you (because you are highly religious) seeing womens HAIR showing under their scarf is a major Turn on. Also that men can go around in T-shirt without being bothered by hezbollahi people might also be a turn on to you.

Let me tell you this to me that women were allowed to pull their scart about 15 cm back to show their front hair is not a sign of freedom, nor a major accomplishment. To me that men are allowed to weare a T-shit when the temperature is 40 C is not a sign of freedom.

You see what you consider as sign of freedom and MAJOR accomplishment, I consider a extremly basic rights. SO basic that it is almost embarrising to mention.

Today we can't critisize the Leader (khamenei), we weren't able to do that before so called REform

Today any major demonstration against IRI is cracked down by the Sepah and Basij and lebas shakhsis, Same thing was true before so CAlled REform

Today newpaper are closed down and Jornalist are thrown into the jail (and kept into the jail) for doing what is considered their job. Same thing was true before the so called reform.

Today opposition groups (I'm not talking about the ones outside of IRan) are not allowed to participate in election, HELL even Reformist were mostly not allowed to participate (Parlement election). Same thing was true before the so called Reform with the exception that at the time atleast reformist were allowed to participate (this is a set back).

Today women are raped and killed in IRI prisions (Zahra Kazemi), Same thing was true before the so called reform.

NOW YOU TELL ME WHO HAVE HIS HEAD BURRIED IN THE SAND.

Oct 18, 2002
Sydney, Australia
ferdosi said:
Ashtar Jan I know that you are Hezbollahi and or atleast follower of this regime. I know that to you (because you are highly religious) seeing womens HAIR showing under their scarf is a major Turn on. Also that men can go around in T-shirt without being bothered by hezbollahi people might also be a turn on to you.

Let me tell you this to me that women were allowed to pull their scart about 15 cm back to show their front hair is not a sign of freedom, nor a major accomplishment. To me that men are allowed to weare a T-shit when the temperature is 40 C is not a sign of freedom.

You see what you consider as sign of freedom and MAJOR accomplishment, I consider a extremly basic rights. SO basic that it is almost embarrising to mention.

Today we can't critisize the Leader (khamenei), we weren't able to do that before so called REform

Today any major demonstration against IRI is cracked down by the Sepah and Basij and lebas shakhsis, Same thing was true before so CAlled REform

Today newpaper are closed down and Jornalist are thrown into the jail (and kept into the jail) for doing what is considered their job. Same thing was true before the so called reform.

Today opposition groups (I'm not talking about the ones outside of IRan) are not allowed to participate in election, HELL even Reformist were mostly not allowed to participate (Parlement election). Same thing was true before the so called Reform with the exception that at the time atleast reformist were allowed to participate (this is a set back).

Today women are raped and killed in IRI prisions (Zahra Kazemi), Same thing was true before the so called reform.

Damet garm ferdosi joon gol gofti. In ashtar khan harvaght in regime ye gohi pas mideh saro kallash peida mishe tashvigh bokone!

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
Sporthead said:
Damet garm ferdosi joon gol gofti. In ashtar khan harvaght in regime ye gohi pas mideh saro kallash peida mishe tashvigh bokone!
bA adab bAsh keh sarmashgh e javAnAn adab ast
fargh e mA beyn e bani Adamo heyvAn adab ast

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
ferdosi said:

I guess some people view anything less than a complete change of the entire system and allowing people to walk the streets naked as to basic and almost embarrising to mention.

The fact that papers were free in the past 8 years to openly criticize the president and his government I guess was nothing new post revolution.

The fact that so many "modern" concerts and art exhibits took place in the past 8 years I guess was nothing new post revolution.

The fact that in a presidential elections the candidates would openly talk about the shortcomings of the system and previous administrations was commonplace post revolution, i guess.

And I guess for some people any government that demands its presidential candidates or law-makers believe and respect the constitution must be undemocratic and dictatorial because it falls short of being completely suicidal in allowing those who openly say want to destroy it gain power.

Oct 18, 2002
ashtar said:
The fact that papers were free in the past 8 years to openly criticize the president and his government I guess was nothing new post revolution.
Yep. Just the president. But if they dare criticize judiciary, Ayatollah Mesbah, Seda va Sima, Sepah, etc, they ended up you know where. remember Nikahang Kowsar, Ganji, Loghmanian, Haghighatjoo,... What were they charged with, I wonder? the 22 papers that were shut down in one day...

The fact that in a presidential elections the candidates would openly talk about the shortcomings of the system and previous administrations was commonplace post revolution, i guess.
Again, yes, it was quite easy and free to criticize any shortcoming od the president and his cabinet, or rafsanjani and his cabinet. As long as you did not speak about some of the other people that I mentioned.

derek

Ball Boy
Feb 19, 2005
canada
ashtar said:
I guess some people view anything less than a complete change of the entire system and allowing people to walk the streets naked as to basic and almost embarrising to mention.
have u lived in southern section of iran? it is very hot. sometimes it is as hot as 50c and i dont think when it is so hot i should be forced to wear long pants . short pants does not mean i am naked. this is an example of BASIC rights.

and what u say about critisizing the president doesnt apply to everyone who is in power. if i critisize khamenei openly by saying something like he is a weak leader there are big consequences.