Raul overrated?

Agha Sepehr

Bench Warmer
Jan 23, 2005
Rome
There are many players that are overrated like for example Henry, Van Nistelrooy, Robinho, to name a few but not Raul i believe he is even underrated.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
Agha Sepehr said:
There are many players that are overrated like for example Henry, Van Nistelrooy, Robinho, to name a few but not Raul i believe he is even underrated.
how is Van Nistelrooy overrated??

sabzi...the file didn't open..and honestly..I don't want a Raul compilation on my laptop.

but anyway...from 2003-2005 he has scored 25 goals in 3 seasons. That's just as many as Eto'o scored last season. :D

He was always more about his character than his playing skills.

Sabzi

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
westwienmaskulin said:
sabzi...the file didn't open..and honestly..I don't want a Raul compilation on my laptop.
I described how to open it, its really not hard.

If you dont want a Raul compilation on your laptop, then why did you try downloading it?

Agha Sepehr

Bench Warmer
Jan 23, 2005
Rome
westwienmaskulin said:
how is Van Nistelrooy overrated??

but anyway...from 2003-2005 he has scored 25 goals in 3 seasons. That's just as many as Eto'o scored last season. :D

He was always more about his character than his playing skills.
BEcause like Henry those goals are scored in the EPL, and he fails to score winners winners in important tournaments with his national team everytime.

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
Agha Sepehr said:
BEcause like Henry those goals are scored in the EPL, and he fails to score winners winners in important tournaments with his national team everytime.
aehm..

correct me if I'm wrong..

but he has participated in one major tournament with his national team
and there, he was hands down their best player alongside robben and led them to the semifinals, with scoring the important goals in their 3 group games. :)

also, his qualification record speaks for him, likewise his goals winning ManU their last title.

Btw. what has Raulito won with his national side? And how did he perform in Euro2000 and Euro 2004? :D

Sabzi

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Raul has the record for most goals scored in the Champions league and most goals scored for the National team... enough said. What has Henry done in WC 2002? Raul scored goals in WC 2002 while Henry didnt do jack.

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
Sabzi said:
Raul has the record for most goals scored in the Champions league and most goals scored for the National team... enough said. What has Henry done in WC 2002? Raul scored goals in WC 2002 while Henry didnt do jack.
who cares about Henry??

and in that list, if I'm not wrong, Del Boy is second..and for national team, Hierro is second..

I MEAAAAN!!! ;)

Sabzi

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
You are just failing miserably to downplay his achievements.... do you have anything to say about his CL-record? I wanna have a laugh at that response too :D :D :D

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
Sabzi said:
You are just failing miserably to downplay his achievements.... do you have anything to say about his CL-record? I wanna have a laugh at that response too :D :D :D
yeah...his CL record was good. but as said, Del Piero is from what I know second in the goal scoring list.

Sabzi

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
westwienmaskulin said:
yeah...his CL record was good. but as said, Del Piero is from what I know second in the goal scoring list.
Raúl Real Madrid 11 40 51
Ruud van Nistelrooij Manchester United, PSV 4 39 43
Andrii Shevchenko Milan, Dynamo Kyiv 13 27 40
Thierry Henry Arsenal, Monaco 5 34 39
Alessandro Del Piero Juventus 8 28 36
Filippo Inzaghi Milan, Juventus 9 21 30
Patrick Kluivert Barcelona, Ajax Amsterdam 4 25 29
Rivaldo Olympiakos, Milan, Barcelona 2 25 27
Roy Makaay Bayern München, Deportivo 1 26 27
David Trezeguet Juventus, Monaco 4 23 27
Fernando Morientes Liverpool, Monaco, Real Madrid 8 19 27
Mario Jardel Galatasaray, Porto 3 22 25
Giovane Elber Olympique Lyonnais, Bayern München 6 19 25
Luis Figo Internazionale, Real Madrid, Barcelona 5 19 24
Jari Litmanen Ajax Amsterdam, Liverpool 8 15 23
Hernan Crespo Chelsea, Milan, Internazionale, Lazio, Parma 5 18 23
Ryan Giggs Manchester United 4 18 22
Marco Simone Monaco, Paris St.Germain , Milan 2 18 20
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Manchester United 5 14 19
Serhii Rebrov Dynamo Kyiv 1 18 19
Paul Scholes Manchester United 3 16 19
Luis Enrique Barcelona 2 17 19
Andrew Cole Manchester United 2 16 18
John Carew Olympique Lyonnais, Valencia, Rosenborg 1 16 17
David Beckham Real Madrid, Manchester United 4 12 16
Roberto Carlos Real Madrid 2 14 16
Guti Real Madrid 1 14 15
Ivan Helguera Real Madrid 5 10 15
Javier Saviola Monaco, Barcelona 2 13 15
Diego Tristán Deportivo 1 14 15
Simone Inzaghi Lazio 1 14 15

* All goals scored before league phase(s) counted as Qualifying Goals
own goals not displayed

Colm Ó Riain - Last Updated: 8 December 2005 - 21:45 GMT Top Scorer, European Cup, UEFA, Goalscorer, Goalscorers, marksman, goalscoring, statistics, golden boot,champion's league,champions league,UEFA Cup,Cup Winners Cup,topscorer,champions cup,champion's cup

Agha Sepehr

Bench Warmer
Jan 23, 2005
Rome
westwienmaskulin said:
aehm..

correct me if I'm wrong..

but he has participated in one major tournament with his national team
and there, he was hands down their best player alongside robben and led them to the semifinals, with scoring the important goals in their 3 group games. :)

also, his qualification record speaks for him, likewise his goals winning ManU their last title.

Btw. what has Raulito won with his national side? And how did he perform in Euro2000 and Euro 2004? :D
Exactly he played one mayor tournament which means he and his team failed to qualify for the WC where he sucked (as so called world class striker).

At the E.C he surely was not hands down their best player (with Robben i agree) he again failed to impress against Portugal and shine where it matters in the big stage.

I am sure scoring against world class opponents such as Porthsmouth and Carlon Athletic is quite an achievement. but then again i dont rate the EPL highly the whole league is overrated.

And as for Raul ( a true world class player) the man who has won several Champions league trophies where time and time again he was a key player scoring in the final and such. the alltime topscorer in the champions league despite not being a center forward as Van (the horseface) Nistelrooy i can not compare the two with each other without laughing it is like comparing a ferrari to a Volkswagen.

Agha Sepehr

Bench Warmer
Jan 23, 2005
Rome
Sabzi said:
Raúl Real Madrid 11 40 51
Ruud van Nistelrooij Manchester United, PSV 4 39 43
Andrii Shevchenko Milan, Dynamo Kyiv 13 27 40
Thierry Henry Arsenal, Monaco 5 34 39
Alessandro Del Piero Juventus 8 28 36
Filippo Inzaghi Milan, Juventus 9 21 30
Patrick Kluivert Barcelona, Ajax Amsterdam 4 25 29
Rivaldo Olympiakos, Milan, Barcelona 2 25 27
Roy Makaay Bayern München, Deportivo 1 26 27
David Trezeguet Juventus, Monaco 4 23 27
Fernando Morientes Liverpool, Monaco, Real Madrid 8 19 27
Mario Jardel Galatasaray, Porto 3 22 25
Giovane Elber Olympique Lyonnais, Bayern München 6 19 25
Luis Figo Internazionale, Real Madrid, Barcelona 5 19 24
Jari Litmanen Ajax Amsterdam, Liverpool 8 15 23
Hernan Crespo Chelsea, Milan, Internazionale, Lazio, Parma 5 18 23
Ryan Giggs Manchester United 4 18 22
Marco Simone Monaco, Paris St.Germain , Milan 2 18 20
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Manchester United 5 14 19
Serhii Rebrov Dynamo Kyiv 1 18 19
Paul Scholes Manchester United 3 16 19
Luis Enrique Barcelona 2 17 19
Andrew Cole Manchester United 2 16 18
John Carew Olympique Lyonnais, Valencia, Rosenborg 1 16 17
David Beckham Real Madrid, Manchester United 4 12 16
Roberto Carlos Real Madrid 2 14 16
Guti Real Madrid 1 14 15
Ivan Helguera Real Madrid 5 10 15
Javier Saviola Monaco, Barcelona 2 13 15
Diego Tristán Deportivo 1 14 15
Simone Inzaghi Lazio 1 14 15

* All goals scored before league phase(s) counted as Qualifying Goals
own goals not displayed

Colm Ó Riain - Last Updated: 8 December 2005 - 21:45 GMT Top Scorer, European Cup, UEFA, Goalscorer, Goalscorers, marksman, goalscoring, statistics, golden boot,champion's league,champions league,UEFA Cup,Cup Winners Cup,topscorer,champions cup,champion's cup
Correct me if i am wrong but i believe Shvechenko another world class player is second topscorer.

Sabzi

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Nistelrooj is second topscorer, then comes Shevchenko.

And you are absolutely right about the difference in position AND in class between Nistelrooj and Raul..... Raul is a playing striker (often kind of a supporting striker) but still has a nose for goals. He is a complete striker while Nistel only scores goals.

Zopyrus

Bench Warmer
Aug 11, 2004
Raul is the most overrated player in history of football :D He's weak..he is a player that would NEVER become a star in a "mediocre" team.. he NEEDS a team like madrid.. that gives him everything..

Sabzi

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
That has to be one of the most qualified comments I`ve ever read on ISP :D

Raul EARNED his place in Real Madrid and played with 17 years of age only for the first time in Champions League and scored several goals. And you want to tell me that HE needs Real Madrid?

What a comedian!