Real Madrid vs Barcelona Game 4 of 7 in 2010/11 Champions league 1st leg (R) April 27

Real Madrid Vs. FC Barcelona
Date: Wednesday, Apr 27th 2011
Time: 2.45 PM ( US/Eastern )
Competition: Champions League semi final 1st leg
Venue: Estadio Santiago Bernabeu ( Madrid)

Nov 29- Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid ( Laliga )
Goals : Xavi - Villa X2 - Jeffren - Pedro

April 16th - Real Madrid 1-1 Barcelona ( Laliga )
Goals: Messi ( Bar) Ronaldo (RMA)

April 20th - Barcelona 0 - 1 Real Madrid ( Copa Del Rey Final) in Valencia Mestalla
Goal : Ronaldo

April 27 Real Madrid ?-? Barcelona ( Champions League Semi final 1st leg )
May 3/4 Barcelona ?-? Real Madrid ( Champions League Semi final 2nd leg )
August Real Madrid ?-? Barcelona ( Spanish Super cup- 1st leg )
August Barcelona ?-? Real Madrid ( Spanish Super cup- 2nd leg
)

Last edited:
Barcelona's Pep Guardiola: Real Madrid are favourites in Champions League first leg

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola has admitted that rivals Real Madrid are favourites for the first leg of their Champions League semi-final meeting at the Santiago Bernabeu on Wednesday.

The two biggest teams in Spain have met twice in the last 10 days, drawing 1-1 in La Liga before Los Blancos claimed an extra-time victory over the Blaugrana in the final of the Copa Del Rey 1-0.

Jose Mourinho's side were in scintillating form at the Mestalla on Saturday, beating Valencia 6-3 with fringe players Gonzalo Higuain, Karim Benzema and Kaka coming into the side and scoring all the goals between them.

"We accept that Madrid are in the role of favourites in the Champons League. I understand that is so, because they won the Copa and they are [playing] well," the ex-defensive midfielder is reported to have said by Marca.

"We also accept the challenge. We have great faith in ourselves and I have faith more than anything in my players," the 40-year-old continued.

There is a possibility that the referee for the game will be from Portugal, 'The Special One's home country, something Guardiola feels Mourinho will not be displeased with.

"If so I think the coach of Real Madrid will be very happy," he commented.

Guardiola's side kept their eight-point lead in the league with a 2-0 victory over Osasuna on Saturday and now only need two wins and a draw in the remaining five games to retain the Liga title for the third year in a row.

The third of four El Clasico battles promises to be an entralling encounter, and both coaches will be aware that it is the most important fixture of the season to date.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Nov 29- Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid ( Laliga )
Goals : Xavi - Villa X2 - Jeffren - Pedro

April 16th - Real Madrid 1-1 Barcelona ( Laliga )
Goals: Messi ( Bar) Ronaldo (RMA)

April 20th - Barcelona 0 - 1 Real Madrid ( Copa Del Rey Final) in Valencia Mestalla
Goal : Ronaldo

April 27 Real Madrid ?-? Barcelona ( Champions League Semi final 1st leg )
May 3/4 Barcelona ?-? Real Madrid ( Champions League Semi final 2nd leg )
August Real Madrid ?-? Barcelona ( Spanish Super cup- 1st leg )
August Barcelona ?-? Real Madrid ( Spanish Super cup- 2nd leg )
It's a best of 7 series tied at 1-1-1 right now.they should make a special " El Classico series trophy " and give it to the ultimate winner.:)

The series could possibly end up a tie at 3-3-1 , in which case they should have one last playoff El Classico to determine the ultimate winner.

Barcelona's Victor Valdes: Referee could play key role in Champions League tie against Real Madrid

Barcelona shot-stopper Victor Valdes has stated that the referee could play a key role in the upcoming Champions League semi-final against rivals Real Madrid.

The first leg of the tie will be played at Santiago Bernabeu on Wednesday evening, and Valdes commented to the club's official website: "We are a team with players who are winners and we want to repeat the triumphs with Barcelona. So, we just have to keep going, and go all out against Real Madrid.

"We know what can happen against Real Madrid. We must take what comes, and it may depend a lot on the referee whether we can play our game or not. But we’re not obsessed about these things."

Valdes then went on to say that Barcelona should just try and play their own game if they are to be successful.

"We have to do our thing and play the game that suits us. The key will be ball possession, and we have to pass, and pass, until we get a chance on goal."

The Catalan giants edged closer to retaining their La Liga crown courtesy of victory over Osasuna on Saturday evening.

It's a best of 7 series tied at 1-1-1 right now.they should make a special " El Classico series trophy " and give it to the ultimate winner.:)

The series could possibly end up a tie at 3-3-1 , in which case they should have one last playoff El Classico to determine the ultimate winner.
Dude Felan ke dirooz ta hala hey daran migan davar davar

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
Pep needs his team to take their foot off the gas just a little bit.
they don't need this game as much as Real does. Barca needs to capitalize on that.
If they can just get their feet off the gas a little, they be OK.
Last year against Inter, He didn't do this until it was 3-1 in the away game.
that's what cost them. Had he slowed the push forward a little bit after inter pulled even, or even after they went up 2-1, Barca would have gone through..
but they kept pushing forward and exposed the back field so much.. you can do that against weaker teams, but a team coached by Jose, will get you.
it's going to be the same thing this year.

Barca sorely misses Abidal.

Messi

IPL Player
Mar 14, 2007
Pep needs his team to take their foot off the gas just a little bit.
they don't need this game as much as Real does. Barca needs to capitalize on that.
If they can just get their feet off the gas a little, they be OK.
Last year against Inter, He didn't do this until it was 3-1 in the away game.
that's what cost them. Had he slowed the push forward a little bit after inter pulled even, or even after they went up 2-1, Barca would have gone through..
but they kept pushing forward and exposed the back field so much.. you can do that against weaker teams, but a team coached by Jose, will get you.
it's going to be the same thing this year.

Barca sorely misses Abidal.
True but I think Pep learned from the Inter game last year, you could see in both the classicos so far Barca were in a less offensive mode than usual, I have a feeling he's gonna start Mascherano and Busquets even with Puyol being back. Barca have no left backs right now, I'm sorta glad Maxwell is out because Ronaldo would eat him alive.

German Referee Wolfgang Stark will officiate:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfgang_Stark

From what I can recall he is a good ref.

Stark, a fan of Messi

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/stark-fan-messi/20110425dasdasftb_8/Tes

He's one of the best players in the world, there are very few like him. It is a pleasure to watch him play." "I would like Messi give me his Jersey," Stark said before the Argentina-Nigeria World Cup.

German referee Wolfgang Stark, who will lead the Real Madrid-Barcelona in the Champions League next Wednesday, does not hide his devotion Leo Messi and had no qualms about publicly expressing his admiration for the Barcelona player. "It's one of the best players in the world, there are very few like him. It is a pleasure to watch him play," Stark said during the World Cup.

Last June, days before the referee the Argentina-Nigeria (1-0) the World Cup , Stark asked FIFA to protect the skilful players and expressed his hope that Messi would give his shirt at the end of that party.

"I would like to give me his jersey Messi, of course. Although it would have to be in the dressing room because if I should get a yellow one. But I think many Nigerians will be interested in having your shirt," Stark said before the meeting.

Messi

IPL Player
Mar 14, 2007
please don't post anything from ass.com, here is his UCL CV:

Lyon 1-1 Barcelona
Manchester United 2-0 Inter Milan
Arsenal 3-0 Villareal
Barcelona 0-0 Chelsea
Chelsea 0-1 Inter Milan
Barcelona 4-1 Arsenal
Lyon 1-1 Real Madrid

Whats wrong with what?

what's wrong with the matches you listed ?

Listen mate , League game was not so deciding and the Copa final was not important ( according to pep and xavi)
If you can't beat us to the final playing the 2nd leg at the camp nou then you better be happy only with the league title
If pep needs a recipe then he can contact Preciado and ask him how to beat Madrid at home

Messi

IPL Player
Mar 14, 2007
what's wrong with the matches you listed ?

Listen mate , League game was not so deciding and the Copa final was not important ( according to pep and xavi)
If you can't beat us to the final playing the 2nd leg at the camp nou then you better be happy only with the league title
If pep needs a recipe then he can contact Preciado and ask him how to beat Madrid at home
What are you talking about? I just posted the important matches he has refereed over the last few years because I thought its relevant to this thread, I actually said he is a good ref.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
then you happen to have two of them or you tell me what's wrong with that list SIR !!!

You post something about him having special affection to Messi from a Madrid based newspaper that is pro Madrid and invented the international conspiracy of Villarato-Platinato that refs always prefer Barca. He posts the games he refereed, including Barca games, where no such thing as bias for Messi or Barca can be made of or bias for any kind of team.