recommended headphone headset

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
i have broken all my three headsets.

logitech headsets were ok in voice quality but frankly I did not like these their USB only option.
and they were not most comfortable on head for more than hour.

recommendations in 30-80 dollar range?

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
It's a little over your price range but this is what I recommend the Bose AE2 head phones for $124. http://www.amazon.com/Bose-Audio-He...r=8-9-spell&keywords=bose+headseats+under+100
That is what amazon is selling them new but if you don't mind getting them used, I'm sure you can get a good quality AE2 for under $80. Honestly the reason why I am recommending these phones is it might be over your budget but from my experience, the headphones in the $30-80 range are not good quality. They will work for a while and they will crap out on you. Well I still have my Bose headphones two years later and they are working fine.

Oh whatever you do I repeat DO NOT GET DRE BEATS. Not only they are overpriced but for the same price you can get a top of the line Bose that are actually worth something. My cousin got some Dre beats for $300 and honestly my two year old Bose head phones were the same quality. People just pay $100 more to be cool and they can say, "I have dre beats." Don't fall for the trap and good luck on your head phones search I hope this helps you mate. Good luck on your search you might be able to find some used AE2's in your price range.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Ditto on Dre Beat. Every Audio Engineer I have talked to says they quite mediocre and probably just look pretty.

Sepahan

Bench Warmer
Jan 4, 2003
I second the sennheiser They are comfortable for long hours and have amazing sound quality. I just got got one last week from Amazon HD598. I can have it on without any discomfort and the sound is amazing. It all depend how long you will be using it. Sennheiser have all price range even cheaper one should be very good. Dr. Dre beats are not that great for sound quality, it is more of fashion statement as others mentioned.

check this guy reviews on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6BW8DqrAmBEIeCtMa4bfBw/videos

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
I had Sennheiser for years and i can confirm its top notch in terms of sound quality. With KOSS you get the same sound quality though KOSS has the edge regarding price. Whoever wants Sennheiser sound quality at a lower price should really give KOSS a try

Last edited by a moderator:

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
esamani I had the same problem till I bought Sennheiser ''Feel the beat'' head phones 10 months ago and still working perfectly with out any problems.. It's expensive (£40) compared to other head phones but money well spent imo..

Attachments

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
esamani I had the same problem till I bought Sennheiser ''Feel the beat'' head phones 10 months ago and still working perfectly with out any problems.. It's expensive (£40) compared to other head phones but money well spent imo..
thanks. but I was looking for headphones not earbudds.

AFRIRAN

IPL Player
Jun 8, 2010
I would feel so gay if I paid more money for Dr. Dre than Koss. Koss should be the official currency of the world.

Masalan bayad began in porteghala kilooyee nim-koss. Ya maslan in mashine 1000 kos miarzeh (no car should be worth 1000 kos)
Ofcourse if you pay more For Dr. Dre than Koss you are gay.looll

Maa ke koss oonam baa 2 taa S ro na tanhaa roo gooshemoon balkeh roo cheshm , roo peeshooni roo hame chi mizaarim

Daash Zob ahan promiss mouth sometimes is better than that...wwwwwwooòoo zhit....

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
go to HEB store and get one for .99 cents they are much like the one Hooshman posted they have 4 or 5 colors and are ear buds or whatever I mean they are not that flat stupid crap that fall of your ears all the times...(those idiots who design the flat ones must be from 4 pa/legged breeds with long deep ears like donkeys I guess)? ah

if you want microphone too then they are about 5 dollars at HEB store. they are on clearance
anyway most of them range from 20 Hz (bass) to 20 KHz (treble) so if you want something fancy with wider range in frequency response, then you'll pay up to $100 bucks which to me is a waste.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
go to HEB store and get one for .99 cents they are much like the one Hooshman posted they have 4 or 5 colors and are ear buds or whatever I mean they are not that flat stupid crap that fall of your ears all the times...(those idiots who design the flat ones must be from 4 pa/legged breeds with long deep ears like donkeys I guess)? ah

if you want microphone too then they are about 5 dollars at HEB store. they are on clearance
anyway most of them range from 20 Hz (bass) to 20 KHz (treble) so if you want something fancy with wider range in frequency response, then you'll pay up to $100 bucks which to me is a waste.
If you love music and teach on the side it's not a waste because those headphones are cheap and I'm not saying drop 300 dollars but for $100, you can get a nice pair. When you are on the plane you can notice the difference in the quality and you can actually enjoy your music. When I get a bit more money and I want to get a nice noise cancellation phone, I'll fork over the $300 and get a Bose. I'm very happy with the AE2 but I"ll wait a few years until they improve on the quality of the phone itself because they use cheap plastic. Now the Dre beats might be expensive but one thing they did right is the quality and durability of the phones. Bose doesn't have that same durability it beats Dre but Dre wins in terms of quality and of course stylish. I won't lie they are very stylish but I almost feel like you are just being a poser and you are trying to be trendy. They are still overpriced by a solid $100 yet people will be stupid and buy it because it's a brand name. I'll bet you those $300 dre phones costs them probably $40-50 tops to make(the good ones that cost $300 not the regular ones) and they sell it for three bills.

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
Bose has been my best experience, but its quite pricey.

Sennheiser has been quite good and comfortable for the past few months that I have been using it. Pretty affordable too.

Avoid Sony headphones. I have had bad luck with these.

Oct 18, 2010
i always wonder what is really bothering the people who wear headphones
in public?i consider it quite rude and anti-social behavior.why would anyone
want to isolate themselves voluntarily from the nature around them!
what a bust!

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
i always wonder what is really bothering the people who wear headphones
in public?i consider it quite rude and anti-social behavior.why would anyone
want to isolate themselves voluntarily from the nature around them!
what a bust!
Haalaa in goozo bebin! supporting IR and all their crimes is not anti-social but wearing a headphone during a flight, in a subway or just by relaxing in the park is.
these hezis are some of the sickest jaanevars i have ever seen in my life.

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
heh so much for apple earphones. I was listening to music on my iphone and watering the yard when a mosquito sat on my ear I went to hit it but my hand slipped and hit the wire the damn ear piece stayed in my ear while the wire came off!
there went 80 bucks :mad:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Meyti-that sucks I know apple products are expensive and $80 is not cheap. That is why I don't get those phones anymore. I had one like that but it was a Sony. It was not as expensive but it was $40 and the wire ripped one day because my ipod fell out of my pocket. That is why I like the earphones because they are more secure. @Playboy like China pointed out what's wrong with wearing your headphones while you are on a plane ride, if you are working out at the gym or if you like to hit the speed bag and heavy bag? There are tons of other examples. What is so anti social about that Playboy?
I get what you are saying if you are at a party or a family gathering and you are listening to your music on your head phones because that is rude and anti social. If you are However the examples that China and I gave you are not anti social. At the LA Fitness, I can't stand the type of music they play because it's all the pop crap and songs chicks like(ie Beyonce or Ryhaina(Spelling) or that new pop chick Arianie Grande. Of course they want to make it chick friendly so they will make the gym nice and they will play chick friendly music to get the girls in. I would shoot go nuts if I had to listen to that crap while I was lifting weights or doing cardio. Here's some friendly advice bro you need to relax or get laid pronto.