REPORT: Qatar vs Japan [live]

Who would you rather face in Semis?

• Total voters

dariush-44

Bench Warmer
Oct 15, 2004
You all better hope Japan takes this match.

If Iran beat Korea (lets not get ahead of ourselves but it'll be an interesting scenario at hand if we assume we win that match hopefully) = a strong Japan side or a possibility of a riged match in Semis with Qatar.

I would hate to lose Semis to Qatar knowing the head of AFC is Qatari! We'll be going alll the way back to '04 with heavy biased against us!

Qatar are more than desperate to put up a good tournament to ensure their commitment to FIFA for WC'22. They would also love to win the tournament to make it that much sweeter of a gift!

So go Japan!!!!

Lets make this the official report match thread!

Who would you rather face?

Zopyrus

Bench Warmer
Aug 11, 2004
Wtf.. did AFC just change the semifinal matches? :S I thought we were going to play against Uzbek/Jordan in semifinal? :--wierd:

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
vaaay khoda kone Japan bebare..Tactically we would have easier time beating them than Qatar.

Qatar is very physical and they've improved their game speed too.

Oct 20, 2002
UAE
Losingh to Japan wont hurt that much. Knowing how our players are, i dont thik they can beat Qatar in such an emotional game. So i prefer Japan. But i thought we are meeting the winner of Uzk/Jordan.. IF we beat Korea.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Losingh to Japan wont hurt that much. Knowing how our players are, i dont thik they can beat Qatar in such an emotional game. So i prefer Japan. But i thought we are meeting the winner of Uzk/Jordan.. IF we beat Korea.
We were suppose to play the winner of Jordan/Uzbekistan. It use to say that we play the winner of the second QF on the asia cup web site. That has now been changed to us playing the winner of match 25.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Do you think, IF iran beats korea would have easier time against japan?
In current form, I think so. Aside from Iran generally having problem defeating Qatar, this yr's Japan is the shadow of what it was 4 yrs ago. They were very impressive in WC 2010, but at Asian Cup games so far, they werent all that impressive.

If Iran plays with compact defense with long-shot strikes(to get passed Japan defense) as Jordan did and beat them, I dont 30 why Iran cant do the same?

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
If we get through balls from Hadadifard like we did against UAE, and efficient finishing like we have been getting then we can beat any team in the tournament.