Reza Ghoocchannejhad to Al-Kuwait

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
That's just pathetic.
We have to accept the fact that since Karimi or maybe Javad , Our players have not caught the eyes of any big or smaller clubs in a better league or even they have, then the wage offered to them have been not even close to what they get from the Gulf countries ...

too bad for our football but it is what it is

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
I would have more respect for Gucci if he follows Nekounam and joins second division Spanish team Osasuna

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Fair point RM the fact that these guys are going to Arab leagues is an inditement on our football and you are also right Kuwait's league is nowhere near as professional as Qatar or UAE's league. They might pay their athlete well but UAE and Qatar are miles better but still this is another Iranian player going to an Arab league. If Gucci goes through with this, his development will come to a halt. He is better off staying at Charlton at least they have solid coaching and he will continue to progress. It seems like Iranians and African players have one thing in common, they are both willing to go to Arab clubs and take the money.

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
^^ No its not Daash I think it is mostly because our players are very lazy and easy going.. When the Arabs can give you a lot of money to play shit football why play in Europe?..

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
^^ No its not Daash I think it is mostly because our players are very lazy and easy going.. When the Arabs can give you a lot of money to play shit football why play in Europe?..
I think you are right but I also think that African players are kind of like us as well. They too are lazy and would take the money and you are right why go to Europe when you need to bust your tail every game and even in practice when you can go to an Arab league? You coast through practice and the competition won't be like it is in Europe so you can score your goals and collect your paycheck. I remember when Karimi went to Bayern Munich he had a very difficult time with the training and he admitted when he was at UAE, he would sleep in late, show up to practice around 12, finish up his practice and play well in the games. Now there is competition but the defense is nothing compared to what you see in Europe.

Dadash between you and me I have nothing against Arab leagues as is but I have a problem with our players going there because as you pointed out in another thread, IT"S CAREER SUICIDE! However, it is attractive because the pay is great, the competition is not what it is in Europe, you won't be held accountable like you would in Europe and you can score your goals and be treated like a God. I also noticed that is why many Europeaners in their 30's refuse to go to an Arab league. They will take 1/3 of the salary and play in Europe kind of like what Javad Nekounam did. Man how there is a guy I admire right now. Dude took a pay cut he only got 250K but he stuck with Osasurna(Spelling).

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
and you will compensate his wage ? well he would make you happy if he stayed at charlton , No ?
You say it like he is not getting paid at all and is working for free. Even if he earns less money now, he can always go into coaching in the future in IPL or playing there. Don't worry for him I am sure he wont go hungry!

The answer to your second question, it sure would have been better than going to Al-Kuwait..

artavile

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
MD, USA
Ultimately playing football for Gucci and others is more than a hobby, it’s their profession, bread and butter. Any of us may get an opportunity during our career to make a choice solely based on income. It’s like someone offers you a secure job where you will end up making double or triple the money you currently make (albeit in less desirable place), wouldn’t you go? I know, I would!
Good luck Gucci.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
14.20 BST Charlton have confirmed that Iran international striker Reza Ghoochannejhad has joined Kuwait Sporting Club on a season-long loan.

https://twitter.com/CAFCofficial/status/497006275511988224/photo/1

Charlton Athletic FC ✔ @CAFCofficial
Follow
Bob Peeters: "It was Reza's decision to leave. He told us that, after the World Cup, he wanted to go to another country and that was Kuwait"
9:12 AM - 6 Aug 2014

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
There goes our hope of finally winning the AC and maybe not even qualifying to the wc in Russia.. :(. These idiots have depressed me. Fuck Iranian football and football players!

Feb 22, 2005
It is more suicide in a second division team that you are not a star and not guaranteed a start in every game and dont make much money than going to a league that pays you alot of money and you get to be a star.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
He is talented and deserve to be in a much better team. Horrible decision that will make a huge impact in his career. Big mistake

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
Thank god its only for one year.. I hope he doesn't go to any Arab team after or extends his contract with Al- Kuwait. Did he not see Nekou? Did he not see how out of form he was for tm since playing for Al- Kuwait.. I am curious to know do these guys not talk to each other? lol.