Rezai beats No. 1 Safina

Javeed

National Team Player
Nov 12, 2002
TORONTO, Aug. 19 (UPI) -- World No. 1 Dinara Safina of Russia lost to France's Aravane Rezai 3-6, 6-2, 6-4 in a second-round match Wednesday at the women's Rogers Cup at Toronto.
Safina, the defending champion, committed 17 double faults and was broken eight times.
She joined No. 3 Venus Williams and former world No. 1 Kim Clijsters in the loser's column on the hard courts in Toronto.
"It wasn't my serve, it was my brain," Safina told the Toronto Star. "I knew what I had to do (but) did the exact opposite."
"I tried to not look to the future but stay in the present," the unseeded and 39th-ranked Rezai said. "I tried to fight for every point, and it made me happy."
Other seeded losers Wednesday were No. 8 Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark and No. 12 Flavia Pennetta of Italy.

Dec 12, 2002
usa
can't believe she grew up in france, in a democratic country then support a despot and mashang person like AN .however i still like to see her to get better player because she said she is from iran, a proud iranian.
in last 2,3 years she has never improved at all ,here is the reasons when i watched her matches.
1- getting fat( she eats a lot of ghormesabzi and fesenjoon, according to her)
2- she needs a good coach,i don't think whoever her coach is,her father or whoever doesn't know any better to teach her.
3- she hits top spin all the times,just like she is playing in clay court .
4- she has that stupid western grip .
5- she should mix it up, she should sometimes use slice,sometimes flat shot and sometimes topspin .
6- her footwork is not bad even though she is getting fat .she has talant and she can get better
7- she should learn to have good service game. her service is terrible .
after all she should ask AN to give her 2 racket back .

Oct 18, 2002
704 Houser
Rezai is a real Iranian alright. Only she represents France and supports Ahmadi. As an avid tennis fan she doesn't impress me on or off the court. An inconsistent ball basher with limited tennis brain.

Feb 7, 2009
you haters disgust me. creating a halo of negative energy without paying attention to the context of a subject matter shows ur ignorance.
You tell us the context of a subject matter, she kisses Ass because she wants to make sure that her family could travel to Iran freely she wears shorts and tight shirt but is so happy to see AN that cant stop crying that makes sense. As farsi zaban said she is not consistent at all and as Mahbod said Koneh laghesh.