Rights to Practice a Religion!!!

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
As you all know - a Church here in Florida is planning to burn Ghoraans on the anniversary of 911. The Pasteur is after publicity for his church - but his intended action has brought up a lot of discussions amongst the public and in the media here in USA.

Now - here is the question. Should followers of a religion that is in conflict with basic human rights and openly discriminates based on gender and faith, be granted equal rights to practice their religion? Should a sane society even recognize it as a religion?

Islam openly advocates less rights for women and non-Moslems - how is that different than advocating less rights for blacks and other races?

payan

Captain
Dec 12, 2002
usa
masoud jan, that will be stupid act , unamerican. if they have problem with the kinda of talebans then why disrespecting so many others who are not really in this game ,just my opinion .

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Payan jaan - American laws and constitution protects our rights to burn the Bible, Ghoraan,...........or any other book. But that was not my point. The point is should we allow any anti human rights organization to function and grow in USA or anywhere else.

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
As you all know - a Church here in Florida is planning to burn Ghoraans on the anniversary of 911. The Pasteur is after publicity for his church - but his intended action has brought up a lot of discussions amongst the public and in the media here in USA.

Now - here is the question. Should followers of a religion that is in conflict with basic human rights and openly discriminates based on gender and faith, be granted equal rights to practice their religion? Should a sane society even recognize it as a religion?

Islam openly advocates less rights for women and non-Moslems - how is that different than advocating less rights for blacks and other races?
under the constitution of the US people are free to believe in whatever they want and practice whatever the hell they want.. as stupid as Islam and Scientology and bahaii faith etc...

What matters is giving them the right to BELIEVE in what they want as long as they do not take away anyone else's rights...

in US no religion can impose itself on the society. and in rare cases that it does (such as the abortion issue) it becomes a very hot debated issue that wont settle any time soon..

in short, a few ppl practicing Scientology or Islam in the US wont change the law of the land.. no one's right will be taken away..

Stop scaring people Mr. Beck.

Last edited:

Mehran(ISP)

<b>Administrator</b>
Oct 16, 2002
MD, USA
They have the every right to burn Quran as it's protected by this nation's constitution. Just like how the Islamic center near ground zero has every right to be there. If you agree with the burning of quran and based on the same ideology you should believe in the other's right to built the center.

ahmad-a

Bench Warmer
Feb 9, 2007
They have the every right to burn Quran as it's protected by this nation's constitution. Just like how the Islamic center near ground zero has every right to be there. If you agree with the burning of quran and based on the same ideology you should believe in the other's right to built the center.
They have the right to burn Quran. They have the right to build the center. But is any of these acts wise?

Mehran(ISP)

<b>Administrator</b>
Oct 16, 2002
MD, USA
They have the right to burn Quran. They have the right to build the center. But is any of these acts wise?
Probably not. But the law doesn't differentiate between if it's wise or not as it's very subjective to people's point of view. So everyone has to follow the law.

ahmad-a

Bench Warmer
Feb 9, 2007
Probably not. But the law doesn't differentiate between if it's wise or not as it's very subjective to people's point of view. So everyone has to follow the law.
Definitely. I was not implying that they should be forced to stop because some/most/all believe is not wise.

Do you think the Quran burning by that church is actually going to happen? I have my doubts.

Oct 18, 2002
Dear Masoud, First you must define "religion" before we can discuss whether a certain ideology fits that definition or not.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Deerouz Jaan - To be honest with you I do not know what constitute as a religion. I can't even start contemplating on the question you raised - I mean when we accept Christianity, Jewdism, Islam as official religions - then we have left the door for all BS to be considered religion.

Mehran(ISP)

<b>Administrator</b>
Oct 16, 2002
MD, USA
Religion is a fairy tail story that was made up for the people in power to keep people in check. The "gods" of every religion's been different since the begining of time. You can't say which religion are actually religion since they're all fictional. Every one of these religions has had a brutual history of murder in genocide in order to gain strength and popularity. They are all discredited since they have so much blood in their hand

Oct 18, 2002
Deerouz Jaan - To be honest with you I do not know what constitute as a religion. I can't even start contemplating on the question you raised - I mean when we accept Christianity, Jewdism, Islam as official religions - then we have left the door for all BS to be considered religion.
Quite true, and in that case the question of "whether xx is a religion" becomes irrelevant.

Oct 18, 2002
Religion is a fairy tail story that was made up for the people in power to keep people in check. The "gods" of every religion's been different since the begining of time. You can't say which religion are actually religion since they're all fictional. Every one of these religions has had a brutual history of murder in genocide in order to gain strength and popularity. They are all discredited since they have so much blood in their hand
Still a characterization, not a definition. For instance in your view, is communism a religion and why?

Mehran(ISP)

<b>Administrator</b>
Oct 16, 2002
MD, USA
Still a characterization, not a definition. For instance in your view, is communism a religion and why?
Understood. But the argument here is that X religion has violated basic human rights and shouldn't be considered a religion where all of the major religions have violated basic human right throughout their long history.

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
Just to point out, anyone is free to discriminate in the US on any basis, but the law prevents the government from discriminating. The government can force others to comply by not financially supporting those who do, but a private club that does not receive any government funding is free to discriminate. Of course, such entities may face a backlash from the public, which would force them to not discriminate. There could also be some local and contracual regulations that prevent discrimination beyond the federal law.

Here's an interesting approach, religious entities do not pay taxes, since they are recognized as non-profit organizations (that's crazy by itself), but, now, what if a woman enters a mosque in the US without cover and goes ahead of the line during the prayer (not stand in the back)? Would she be forced to move back or cover her head? If so, I think there can be a claim for discrimination based on gender, and government should stop supporting that discrimination by taking away the non-profit organization status. Instead of challenging the building of mosques, people need to challenge practices that would violate the law and cause them lose the tax status.

Oct 18, 2002
Here's an interesting approach, religious entities do not pay taxes, since they are recognized as non-profit organizations (that's crazy by itself), but, now, what if a woman enters a mosque in the US without cover and goes ahead of the line during the prayer (not stand in the back)? Would she be forced to move back or cover her head? If so, I think there can be a claim for discrimination based on gender, and government should stop supporting that discrimination by taking away the non-profit organization status. Instead of challenging the building of mosques, people need to challenge practices that would violate the law and cause them lose the tax status.
Actually your proposed approach has many valid legal grounds. The only reason it has not been attempted so is probably because it will also affect most Christian churches as well, in particular the Catholic Church.

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
Actually your proposed approach has many valid legal grounds. The only reason it has not been attempted so is probably because it will also affect most Christian churches as well, in particular the Catholic Church.
Also Orthodox synagogues, more traditional Hindu and Bhuddist temples.
Basically almost all religious institutions would have to be shut down if we applied what Masoud is saying in his question.

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
Well, I don't mean that this should be limited to one sect. I think people should try to take away the tax exemption status from these establishments. Some may adjust their practice, and keep their status, those who cannot change will lose their status. By the way, could you please give me some examples of discrimination based on gender (or other protected groups) in Christian churches? This is not to challenge your statement.

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
church-e florida goh khordeh..
in maadar gha**beh ha ke Masihi nistan hamashoon paache khaar hay e esraeil o sahyoonist ha hastan. and I have evidence to back this up that they 1-get checks/money from zionists and 2 they are not even christians as you know whenever the american zionist jews retire they go to florida (before they join their ancestors in hell),,,(they got the poor stupid american ppl to bust their backs and suffer thru storms, malaria, bugs and other animals and paid them nothing to build that high way that reaches the florida keys, those cheap bastards wouldnt even pay those fools...this is the kind of animals we have to deal with every day!)

but anyway that (info) came in a radio program from an american syndicate radio personality, i didnt make it up.

let them do their usual joftak parooni american ppl as well as the ppl of the world are sick and tired of these sick creatures and we'll see a day very soon that the ppl, will get rid of this cancer off humanity once and for all...

Last edited: