Robbery in Karaj Live Recorded on Cam !!!

Mar 7, 2004
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlPOH4rGVtw"]YouTube- Serghate Mosalahaneh Dar Karaj March 16th, 2010[/ame]

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
when the police is busy raping political prisoners, this is the least you expect.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
when the police is busy raping political prisoners, this is the least you expect.
Even if the police were not busy doing those things these kinds of things would happen. One could even argue that because of Iran's extreme punishment laws these things happen less in compared to most other places and that's why this video is interesting. But It's not fair to mix politics into everything that happens in Iran.

Dec 5, 2004
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP7CoFpP6S4&NR=1"]YouTube- ‫دزدی خنده دار‬‎[/ame]

Jul 30, 2008
Looks like thieves stealing from thieves.

I like to know where they got those AK-47 guns and how come they don't use them to kill the mullahs and ayatoolahs!?!

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Even if the police were not busy doing those things these kinds of things would happen. One could even argue that because of Iran's extreme punishment laws these things happen less in compared to most other places and that's why this video is interesting. But It's not fair to mix politics into everything that happens in Iran.
Armed rubbery in Tehran/Karaj or abywhere else in Iran 10-15 years ago? never heard of, but now it is happening
It is all politics, poor management made our country poor and youngs pushed deep into poverty are ready to do anything to survive. The attention of te security apparatuses is also devided because of political reasons we all know. So how does that sound unrelated to politics?

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
Armed rubbery in Tehran/Karaj or abywhere else in Iran 10-15 years ago? never heard of, but now it is happening
It is all politics, poor management made our country poor and youngs pushed deep into poverty are ready to do anything to survive. The attention of te security apparatuses is also devided because of political reasons we all know. So how does that sound unrelated to politics?
Armed robbery has been happening in Iran just like any other country as long as guns existed in Iran but 10-15 years ago the internet was not what it is today so you probably didn't hear about it like you do now. But I do remember reading newspapers or seeing IRIB talk about executing people who robbed banks from time to time. Plus keep in mind 10-15 years ago we still had the IRI in power so you trying to blame this on IRIB and then say Iran was fine 10-15 years ago doesn't make sense. Like I said, just because of Iran's tough laws these things happen less than compared to let's say the US but just because this is on youtube and we are actually witnessing it makes it more intresting .

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Armed robbery has been happening in Iran just like any other country as long as guns existed in Iran but 10-15 years ago the internet was not what it is today so you probably didn't hear about it like you do now. But I do remember reading newspapers or seeing IRIB talk about executing people who robbed banks from time to time. Plus keep in mind 10-15 years ago we still had the IRI in power so you trying to blame this on IRIB and then say Iran was fine 10-15 years ago doesn't make sense. Like I said, just because of Iran's tough laws these things happen less than compared to let's say the US but just because this is on youtube and we are actually witnessing it makes it more intresting .
Between late 60s and late 70s, I only heard of one ared rubbery in Tehran, and belive me, I was a well-informed citizen. The Eastern provinces as well Lorestan in the West had troubls with armd rubbery, mostly related to the drug trafficing. Now having met you and Mehran some 10 years ago and taking your age into account, I can assume you would not remember anything about those days...
Regarding your second point, IRI is not a solid entity. It has ben rather a dynamic govenment, I guess more or less like any te government. It has had good and bad days, strong and weak moments of its own, at times more liberal and time more controlling, sometimes provided better security to the society and sometimes less...

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
Between late 60s and late 70s, I only heard of one ared rubbery in Tehran, and belive me, I was a well-informed citizen. The Eastern provinces as well Lorestan in the West had troubls with armd rubbery, mostly related to the drug trafficing. Now having met you and Mehran some 10 years ago and taking your age into account, I can assume you would not remember anything about those days...
Regarding your second point, IRI is not a solid entity. It has ben rather a dynamic govenment, I guess more or less like any te government. It has had good and bad days, strong and weak moments of its own, at times more liberal and time more controlling, sometimes provided better security to the society and sometimes less...
I wasn't alive in the 60s or 70s like you implied but I thought we were talking about 10-15 years ago because if you were then I can assure you that armed robberies did happen. Here in Baltimore crime rates are one the highest in the US but in the 60's or even the 70's Baltimore was one the safest cities in the US . I'm trying to make a point that crime does increase and people use more guns than ever before because It's more widely available even in Iran. Sure , we can put some blame on the government but 10-15 years ago the government was still raping prisoners, executing, oppressing people in Iran just like today and armed robberies happened Just like today . It's not like the rafsanjani or khatemi ERA Iran was any better than today they also oppressed people.

Lover

Bench Warmer
Apr 11, 2008
Toronto
AKs clearly these guys work with some corrupt government or military wings.

I would force them to kill me before they could take all my jewelry like that unless I had insurance. I care more about my money than my life. Not scared of death at all.

Intoxicated

Bench Warmer
Dec 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I wasn't alive in the 60s or 70s like you implied but I thought we were talking about 10-15 years ago because if you were then I can assure you that armed robberies did happen. Here in Baltimore crime rates are one the highest in the US but in the 60's or even the 70's Baltimore was one the safest cities in the US . I'm trying to make a point that crime does increase and people use more guns than ever before because It's more widely available even in Iran. Sure , we can put some blame on the government but 10-15 years ago the government was still raping prisoners, executing, oppressing people in Iran just like today and armed robberies happened Just like today . It's not like the rafsanjani or khatemi ERA Iran was any better than today they also oppressed people.
I'm not gonna get into this discussion but I have to agree with ME to some extent. to give you an example when i was in iran (13 years ago) i would only hear about theft and robbery in news. I always wondered to whom and where do these unfortunate happen to?perhaphs some poor family in impoverished neighborhoods of Tehran was I thought. i only remember one instance where some relative mentioned a friend purse was robbed in the street. Fast forward 13 years..now every time i talk to relative in tehran and esfahan they tell me about a case of burglary, theft and rubbery that some one we know has experienced. they say it simply isn't as safe as it used to be 15 years ago. I don’t think this has anything to with youtube or internet…

cheers,
bardia

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
I don't know why this is so surprising. Because it is Iran?! So what?
Every society has its own share of criminals, including Iran, and thei level of "sophistication" changes with times. You have a city of almost 15 milion people. Like all other major cities in the world, it is going to have its own share of criminals. I don't know about armed robbery statistics in Iran. Maybe it is higher now per capita or may be not. But just because you don't know about it, it does not mean they didn't happen. I used think things like child abuse, incest, and child kidnapping mostly happenned in America. It turns out it happened and happens in Iran just as much. We just never heard about it.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
I don't know why this is so surprising. Because it is Iran?! So what?
Every society has its own share of criminals, including Iran, and thei level of "sophistication" changes with times. You have a city of almost 15 milion people. Like all other major cities in the world, it is going to have its own share of criminals. I don't know about armed robbery statistics in Iran. Maybe it is higher now per capita or may be not. But just because you don't know about it, it does not mean they didn't happen. I used think things like child abuse, incest, and child kidnapping mostly happenned in America. It turns out it happened and happens in Iran just as much. We just never heard about it.

What is "level of sophistication"? AK47? It has been around.
Firearms, except in political assassinations, were unheard of in Tehran 15 yrs ago. The only case I know during those years led to the public executions of the criminals only 3 days after the crime happened. There has been a zero tolerance policy for firearms in Tehran. My own friend was executed merely because he had an illegal AK47...
At some point, we should stop assuming others are not intelligent enough to speculate "maybe yes, maybe not" on their own...