Romney’s Major Achilles Heel : GOP

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
You know, I like what I see in Mitt Romney..most of which is… him not being so called “ Charismatic”…not a big talker( thank god)..and mostly not an ideologue …That is if GOP’s sold out and lobbied out management team can leave him alone…wishful thinking perhaps?...and who knows..this poor guy Romney may be already too damaged by his Party.?

Heck.. to find the smelling source… all he has to do is find the brain ( or indeed lack thereof ) behind the convention and think about the stuff he ( Romney) says..is this real me or someone else’s idea of what Romney should be..

I mean..not being in America I can not know the people’s mindset…but I’d doubt Americans have a stomach for more militarism and wars to be specific…so I would not let a Buffoon and a MKO spokesperson Like McCain anywhere near me much less in the Convention…indeed it was sad to see Both Bushes Via Video link ( geb don't count) and a ham like Hukabee or more like Fuckabee , lol, talking crap… likes of “ value of life” or “ Freedom “ b.s...lol… , be the talkers for Romney’s camp…what the hell is wrong with GOP?... Does GOP really think Americans are that stupid..? The only one I liked was New Jersey Governor..Christi guy…straight shooter….

Infact Romney reminds of Clinton..ofcourse Billie…a pragmatist smart guy…and with even less baggage than Billie boy…that is if the GOP IQ’s let him be himself….that’s a big if and with a “ drive by media” shaping opinions…Romney can only win if he says what he means…

p.s. This Ryan dude needs to take a puff of somethin'...he's is taking way too many of them energizer pills...while his topic is an easy pick...anybody with half an IQ can read between his lines..and pretty much the none sense about his methods to balance the budget...no good senior..moi stupido...

payan

Captain
Dec 12, 2002
usa
there is one thing so far i like about this campaign is that neitherof president obama nor governer romney talking about the fiasco of social security .in last 20 years we had been hearing the fall of social security over and over .that was the core of election .thank god these two gentlemen finally realized that how damageful that had been.how that discourged american youth for their future,productivities, hope, working hard and enjoying the retirement in peace and harmony .
they actually discouraged american youth,why should you work if there is no future.the whole idea was pushing people to stocks and 401 k, then that collapsed as well .
all in all there were bunch of downer in lives of american .
people losing trust to stock markets,losing trust for social security ,getting sespecious to the statemen .
i think things is bouncing back. it is unfair that they blaming president obama for millons job loss .it was a procces of 30 years old of the so called genuis in offices washington and all over the country. top guys trusted their advisors who were in game of lobbying and corporates .
i am hoping the things is getting back .all of sudden people realize that they should keep an eye onthe politician and make them accountable .
23 millions people out of jobs .pretty close that covered almost 70 million family in america ,

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
lol -
Bey jaan - as long as there is American Football - there will be plenty of mindless but fit Gholdors in America who will do anything for a luncn!!
You should see high school football coaches in action!!

As for the Repubs - I don't know how much of it you saw.....but a couple of them - especially the two Chicanos, Senator Rubio from Florida and the Lady Governor in New Mexico nailed it big time.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
it is unfair that they blaming president obama for millons job loss .
There is a reason presidency is limited to 4 years. Time is not unlimited and you will be judged. Unfair or not, he himself repeatedly said that this is the worst recession in 50 years so he knew what he was getting into. He said I will fix it. He has not. His defense is that life would be worse had he not been elected. That is a tough argument to sell. Who knows how life would have been? In fact, the economy seemed to be improving in the summer of 09, then it started sliding back. He spent two years on healthcare. That was not his mandate. His mandate was to create jobs. The issue I have with Romney is that he has not yet presented a clear plan of his own. He seems to think he can ride this horse by speaking in general terms. Time will tell but I suspect he will have to come forth with more details.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
in last 20 years we had been hearing the fall of social security over and over .that was the core of election .thank god these two gentlemen finally realized that how damageful that had been.how that discourged american youth for their future,productivities, hope, working hard and enjoying the retirement in peace and harmony .
It is not an imagination that social security and Medicare funds are both in trouble. Hear it from the Obama Administration.

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration reported a significant deterioration in the financial outlook for Social Security on Monday, while stating that the financial condition of Medicare was stable but still unsustainable. The Social Security trust fund will be exhausted in 2033, three years sooner than projected last year, the administration said. And Medicare’s hospital insurance trust fund will be depleted in 2024, the same as last year’s estimate, it said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/24/us/politics/financial-outlook-dims-for-social-security.html

payan

Captain
Dec 12, 2002
usa
dear flint ,it was not people's faults,they did it then they should fix it .
however it is not time for who is right and who is wrong .it is a time to fix the whole thing, the bring the country on her feet again .there are so many things need to be fixed .nagativism and constantlly been in eachother cases won't do it any good to any one .it is not about the football team and which team is better it is about a beautiful country which in begining of cancer and has been diagnosed it and before get worse should be beaten .
people should forget about the division, they must think of unity .it is not the first time ,it ihas been while as soon as a president goes to office then the blaming game and discreating begins .
time is different .the first thing is first ,it is about a country ,it is about everbody .it is about saving a great country which has alot of potential to stay great always .

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Payan Jaan -
Romney has 10% dignity - while Obama has Zero.!! If either one of them had any sincerity they would make arguments this nation needs......arguments such as what must 50 million families who used to earn income from real estate/construction do now???!!! or why is the federal tax for 1 million $ work income 50% and for investment income only 13%!!!

Last edited:

payan

Captain
Dec 12, 2002
usa
well, in the system of laissez faire which american economy foundation based on, the less govenment intervintion is required .so anytime the government gets more in taxing and other involvement then we know that we are deviated from the principle of a healthy economy and the system .
but i guess there is a time when things are not rosy government should step in to help out.no doubt .
however in my opinion indications of good economy are,a strong middle class,job availability and job security, smal gaps between class society, higer life expedency .an active youth programm( free education for all group of age) .
as for the personality and charactor and patriatism every each president of this which i have lived in their term and before i have nothing but respect and admiration. tif you know enough then you know it i don't budge when it comes to serious stuffs .

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
Well..Masoud jon..& Dear friends ...If there was any doubt about me being a political junkee...at least I myself am over the denial...lol...I mean..I stayed up about 2 & half nights to watch the convention...or the parts I was curios to see...and I had a miserable day at work each night....btw- I'm off tomorrow...

reg. Iran anyway...i'm in a total minority opinion here....most people say that if Romney gets elected...this & that will happen to Iran....while I'm pretty much of the opposite opinion...and mind u for just looking at the reality...mrs. Clinton and ultimately mr. Obama scare me a heck of a lot more....may be they have a better plan than I can imagine..hope so...cause..we are not in a good situation at all..and if anyone thinks ..well great...I'd say they don't see the day to day situation here.....who knows..?

payan

Captain
Dec 12, 2002
usa
american's election have no effect on iran period.in iran's case americans feel the same way,no mather what party in in control .
it is up to iranian people to wake up .

Feb 22, 2005
Here is how I see Romney pure and simple from his experience:

1) Experience on Bain, fire everyone and put extra wealth in the pocket of fewer. So expect many less middleclass, many more poor and the 1% getting few times wealthier.

2) When economy is bad, you dont go around on cutting the budget that is needed to create new industries and create jobs, while putting more money into the pocket of the 1%.

Making the 1% wealthier is not what moves the country. That has been tried for decades and just does not work. That is why we are where we are.

The republicans should study the third world and see how their policies is very third world.

Feb 22, 2005
Both parties are almost the same except for:

Republicans want more into the wealthy 1%. Democrats want it to go back to the pre-bush era, as it showed giving all that money to the top 1% did not help the country at all. They saved it, put the money in other countries (emerging markets) or put it in offshoring overseas.

I spent a good amount of time this weekend with republican 1% as have many friends among them. Spending it in the rich area among their summer homes. Not going to give more detail on that. It is interesting how openly they blame the America problems on blacks and poor. While they spend their summer weekends and for some summers, in their 10+ million dollar summer homes, they have no care at all for the less fortunate member of the society and see it as their issues. They want Romney as he will cut their taxes and cut the waste as they call it on what gov spends. Basically, they are a group of well to do who only care about their own and their pockets and F**k the rest.

Interesting enough, most of their kids are lazy, and never work. Just sit around and drink. It is interesting how they go around calling the people who have less and work on minimum wage lazy.

The 1% are all in Charlotte. There are more millionaires packed inside, get this, Bank of America Arena, than anywhere else in the country.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
While they spend their summer weekends and for some summers, in their 10+ million dollar summer homes, they have no care at all for the less fortunate member of the society and see it as their issues.
You can say you care, or you can do something about it. The property taxes paid on a 10 million dollar home( at least a mil a year depending on where you live) puts more poor kids through public schools than you and I and thousands like us living in $250,000 homes could ever do. Remember "luxury tax" on yachts? Do you know what it did to those who built them?

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
You can say you care, or you can do something about it. The property taxes paid on a 10 million dollar home( at least a mil a year depending on where you live) puts more poor kids through public schools than you and I and thousands like us living in $250,000 homes could ever do. Remember "luxury tax" on yachts? Do you know what it did to those who built them?
I think you mean $100,000 in property taxes for a $10M home, not $1M in taxes. It's around 1%.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
OK, thanks. The average property tax in our township is about $2500 a year. So that one guy is covering for 40 homes. That is 40:1. Do you want to put him in a $250K home and have him pay $2500 in taxes? Make up your mind.

Oct 20, 2003
You can say you care, or you can do something about it. The property taxes paid on a 10 million dollar home( at least a mil a year depending on where you live) puts more poor kids through public schools than you and I and thousands like us living in $250,000 homes could ever do.
Aren't these homes in affluent neighborhoods and owners paying taxes to rich school districts? How does that help poor kids through schools?