Roooney or David Villa???

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
If rooney can keep up his form for WC he will definatly have a chance to be top scorer if england can move to quarter final.
:belly:

ardy

Legionnaire
Nov 25, 2004
San Diego Armando Maradona, CA
OK. I see have a consensus here already:)

Villa is a more proven striker for sure, and as Farbod pointed out Spain will most likely go further than England, but the reason is that I'm a bit reluctant to pick Villa over Rooney is that Villa is playing next to a striker by the name of Fernando Torres; Rooney on the other hand will either play as a loan striker or next to likes of Emile Heskey or maybe even Steven G so that he breaks free easier. So he most likely won't be sharing goals upfront like Villa. Anyhow, five months to go, perhaps too early, but I want to start contemplating early so that I hopefully make a few bucks:)

Btw, if it wasn't because of the fucking Glazers, Rooney and Villa would have been playing together at Old Trafford right now.

Aug 26, 2005
I think England have the easier route, so therefore Rooney probably has more of a chance to score more. And ardy's point about their partners is also very valid.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Ardy's point sounds valid but Villa played with Torres in the WC 2006 and Euro 2008 as well and scored 7 goals in those 2 tournaments. Also, Spain may be playing with 2 top strikers whereas England has one, it seems to me that England has more players capable of scoring than Spain does. Behind him Rooney has players like Lampard, Gerrard, good headers like Terry, Ferdinand..who can score goals. As a sub striker there's Defoe who I rate highly as a pure goal scorer. Whereas Villa and Torres have behind them a team of technical playmakers like Xavi, Iniesta, Silva etc. who don't score much but are masters in creating chances for the front two. And I'm not quite sure which sub striker Spain has..So I'm not sure about the 'sharing goals' theory.
Villa's tournament record is simply impressive, however it's not fair to compare it to Rooney's since Rooney was injured for most of the WC 2006's matches and England didn't even qualify for 2008. In Euro 2004 he did do well with 4 goals.

Last edited:
Who is a better striker? Villa
who will score more goals in WC? Rooney
Reason:
1-) spain path is way harder
2-) Rooney is England hitman while Spain got torres as well
Well said , to add to your statement , Spain has stronger attacking midfield who can score a good number of goals

1-Xavi
2-Iniesta
3-Fabregas
4-David Silva
5-Cazorla who can score better than Crouch ;)

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Well said , to add to your statement , Spain has stronger attacking midfield who can score a good number of goals

1-Xavi
2-Iniesta
3-Fabregas
4-David Silva
5-Cazorla who can score better than Crouch ;)
Sure they can score but they are probably the best midfield in the world when it comes to setting up the forwards for goals.

England's midfield on the other hand is full of players that look to score first rather than set up a teammate.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
actually England midfield will probably score more goals and if Rooney gets little support, it might be difficult for him to score too many goals.

Let's just say that I would make a bet on Aguero for some reasons scoring more than Rooney and Villa.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Villa between the two, but in reality Fabiano will be the top scorer. Even Klose may outscore Villa since Spain will not win the world cup. Spain will probably do very poorly considering Pele chose them to win it.

Villa between the two, but in reality Fabiano will be the top scorer. Even Klose may outscore Villa since Spain will not win the world cup. Spain will probably do very poorly considering Pele chose them to win it.

actually England midfield will probably score more goals and if Rooney gets little support, it might be difficult for him to score too many goals.

Let's just say that I would make a bet on Aguero for some reasons scoring more than Rooney and Villa.

Well , the topic is about Roon and Villa.. Khabalood jan I think Nilmar will do more damage than Fabiano by scoring more goals

InDaMoneyz

IPL Player
Mar 13, 2007
none of these two will be WC best scorer, however there is no comparisson, villa is not even in rooney's league. Villa is the most overrated spanish player and there are a lot of them out there !

he has done nothing and accomplished nothing specialy against quality sides. once again another case of iranians jumping on some spanish player's bandwagon who scores left and right against special needs lajoka defenders.

Villa is not even relevent in the soccer world right now, nor is anyone who will be laNodefensa top scorer.

none of these two will be WC best scorer, however there is no comparisson, villa is not even in rooney's league. Villa is the most overrated spanish player and there are a lot of them out there !

he has done nothing and accomplished nothing specialy against quality sides. once again another case of iranians jumping on some spanish player's bandwagon who scores left and right against special needs lajoka defenders.

Villa is not even relevent in the soccer world right now, nor is anyone who will be laNodefensa top scorer.
So why you came and bought Torres then ?