saddam execution thread (WARNING- GRAPHIC VIDEO + PICS)

Oct 1, 2004
He should be punished for crimes against Iranians as well.
Now history will remember him as the guy who killed 120 some people in a town and thats why he was executed.
This is all very sudden.

Behrang(ISP)

King of Posts
Oct 16, 2002
www.iransportspress.com
Even though I think the death penalty is barbaric and I also am upset that he isn't facing trial against all the other thousands of Iranians and Iraqis he killed, I just can't help feeling good. Above all, I remember the chemical attacks and seeing people to this day in Iran who are dying because of this racist savage. I just hope they torture him (I know it's barbaric but I don't care) before they actually hang him.
I don't think anyone dying should be a cause for celebration.

In the case of Saddam, I am quite sad he is dying like this. I would have celebrated to see him see justice in an international court for his crimes against Iranian people. But that's not going to happen. So I don't see any reason in celebrating his death and his getting away without beiing condemned and recognised for his actions.

His crimes will forever be only 'alleged' crimes, and nothing more as there was no chance for them to be proven accordingly.
I agree 110% with both of these. Killing him now won't solve any issues and it sure as hell won't bring to light all the things he has done in his lifetime. Over the past few yeards NEVER have I read anything in the papers about what they did to Iranians... With his death the hope of this reaching the general American population also dies. I'd rather have him held in jail with cable TV as long as his prision time would bring about what had happend in the past. His death does not accomplish anything.

ardy

Legionnaire
Nov 25, 2004
San Diego Armando Maradona, CA
I don't think anyone dying should be a cause for celebration.

In the case of Saddam, I am quite sad he is dying like this. I would have celebrated to see him see justice in an international court for his crimes against Iranian people. But that's not going to happen. So I don't see any reason in celebrating his death and his getting away without beiing condemned and recognised for his actions.

His crimes will forever be only 'alleged' crimes, and nothing more as there was no chance for them to be proven accordingly.
Well said.

What a lovely day. I will celebrate this tonight with my friends and relative.:happy:

Oct 18, 2002
Saddam joon,

At first thought I'd write you a farewell letter from the people of Abadan who stood their ground against your forces who supposedly wanted to liberate them. or perhaps about those girls of Susangerd who were raped by your advancing army, or the brave people of Dezful and Andimeshk who stood up for 8 years against your missiles that shook their cities everyday, or the historic tumb of Daniel in Susa that was damaged by your tanks. Or maybe about the beautiful city of Ghasr-e shirin that your forces razed to the ground.

I could also recite endless stories about more personal experience of the war and air attacks, the three-month missile assault on Tehran when everyday I kissed my mom good bye to go to work, not knowing whether we would still see each other alive by the end of the day. or your city bombing campaign in 1984-5, when we had to gather in the basement most of the nights, holding each other's hands and covering my little sister's ears so that the crashing sound of bombs would not scare her.

But that would need a thick book. This is after all a simple farewell letter only. So I dedicate it to one incident about an old friend.

He was one of the most brilliant students that I had seen, and was studying in one of the most prestigous departments in the country. he had to go to the war fronts to do his "Tarh-e shesh maheh", and unfortunately ended up in one of the fronts where your army was advancing.

His unit was under siege for several days and had to surrounder to your army. My friend was slightly injured, but not life threatening. However he was completely exhausted and they had no water for 48 hours. When your soldiers were taking his units as prisoners of war, he was lying unconsious and badly in need of water. Other Iranian POWs at the scene begged the Iraqi officer to pick him up too and take him to hospital, but your soldiers decided that it would be too much of hassle to have him carried to the bus. Against all protocols of war, They left him to die of thirst in the hot sands of Shalamcheh.

Not only I condemn you for starting a war against my nation, but most importantly I condemn you for the disgraceful way you conducted that war and all the mayhem, murder of civilians and rapes that your army committed. When you could not overcome our resistence, you turned to attack on civilian targets, cities, then chemical weapons, and God forbid if you had managed to get your hands on nuclear weapons you would have used them without a blink.

I hope they show your execution live on TV. I will be there with a picture of my martyred friend Mohsen in hand, and I will watch you hanging from gallows. Your death will not bring Mohsen back to life, but at least it would show that there is a God after all.

May you rot in hell.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
I agree 110% with both of these. Killing him now won't solve any issues and it sure as hell won't bring to light all the things he has done in his lifetime. Over the past few yeards NEVER have I read anything in the papers about what they did to Iranians... With his death the hope of this reaching the general American population also dies. I'd rather have him held in jail with cable TV as long as his prision time would bring about what had happend in the past. His death does not accomplish anything.
Behrang jAn,
I think it really doesn't matter what we think or approve. Lets see what 400,000 Iranian families who have lost a love one or two think. I think 100damn's execution will bring long awaited sense of relief to those families some thing like a closure for ongoing mourn and grieve.

And for 100Damn: I hope his soul rests in pi$$

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
verry well said... my father , uncle, grandfather also died in the ``defaye moghadas``:(
World jAn,
I'm whole heartedly saddened by knowing so many loved ones from your immediate family have lost their lives defending our sacred Marz o Boom.
But come to thing of it they will never die and will be in hearts and souls of every single true Iranian till eternity.
RavAneshAn ShAd va nAmeshAn hamishe jAvdAn bAd.

BTW: I have been in many different fronts multiple times so it is possible that I've met or seen them.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
As I was sitting around listening to the news I asked myself what brought us here? After consulting wiki, I found this little know fact,

The 1st Marine Division, then under the command of Major General James Mattis, was one of the two major U.S. land forces that participated in the initial invasion of Iraq in 2003. The division was the land component of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force and fought its way to Baghdad and then pushed further to secure Tikrit. After the invasion the division settled in to conduct security and stablization operations in southern Iraq. For actions during the war as part of I MEF the division was awarded its 9th Presidential Unit Citation.

Mehran(ISP)

<b>Administrator</b>
Oct 16, 2002
MD, USA
Your letters are beatiful, truely beautiful. I have some bad memories being a 7 year old and heard some stories. My aunt's house was attacked and she was under the rubbles and Arak was constintly being bombarded but it doesn't even compare to some of yours.

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
Your letters are beatiful, truely beautiful. I have some bad memories being a 7 year old and heard some stories. My aunt's house was attacked and she was under the rubbles and Arak was constintly being bombarded but it doesn't even compare to some of yours.
mehran, i remember i once went to arak university with my dad. he used to go there for 2 days a week to teach, and once i went with him. around 1 pm the warning sirens went off, and everyone was running to the shelter. there was this iraqi plane flying at low altitude, and firing at people at random! those bastards werent just going to bomb people, but there were using machine guns to shoot at people, kill them and scare them off ! another thing i will never forget...

Mehran(ISP)

<b>Administrator</b>
Oct 16, 2002
MD, USA
mehran, i remember i once went to arak university with my dad. he used to go there for 2 days a week to teach, and once i went with him. around 1 pm the warning sirens went off, and everyone was running to the shelter. there was this iraqi plane flying at low altiude, and firing at people at random! those bastards werent just going to bomb people, but there were using machine guns to shoot at people! another thing i will never forget...

Which university ali? it if was the shahre sanati location it was next our apartment. Arak was crazy. This part of town got bombarded so bad that its known as shahrake mooshak till this day. Every house was leveled.

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
my dad works in tarbiat moaleme tehran, so i guess this university was a branch of tarbiat moalem (im not 100% sure though).

there was a moutain just behind it, and some people used to get up early in the morning, and climb it before going to lessons lol.

Dec 12, 2002
usa
rest in peace all the iranians who lost teir lives for this man ,and like of him . the jutice wil be served to night . droud bar shoma iranian vatan parast .droud bar tu ALI for this topic .

Last edited:

IPride

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
The world is not perfect...

Ideally he should have been tried in a just court for all the crimes he committed but Iraq is falling apart and millions of people need closure on this issue...

He has been humiliated and its time for him to pay the ultimate price... People need to move on and stop thinking about this tyrant..

Jan 28, 2005
Stockholm
We lost so much in the war bc of Saddam, we have lost our house, some of our young and alot of misery. But Im totally against capital punishment, even for Saddam.

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
just in- he will be hanged at 5:30 - 6 am baghdad time on saturday morning. that is in 3 hours time.

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - A key court official said Iraq's government had told him to be ready to attend the hanging of Saddam Hussein between 5.30 a.m. and 6 a.m. (2:30 a.m. to 3 a.m. British time) on Saturday.
The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity as he had been sworn to secrecy, told Reuters a government official telephoned to tell him he would be taken to the place of execution in time for 5.30. The court official is among those who must, by law, attend any execution.

The government has been meeting U.S. officials to determine if a hanging can take place on Saturday and it was still not clear if a final decision had been made or whether court officials were being gathered simply as a precautionary measure.

Dec 12, 2002
usa
well 3 more hours he will be gone .i hope someday human being intelligent enough that nobdy would be executed . so attention all islamic republic of iran;s in charged ,all the saudis's royal family and the rest of dictators ,this will be your fate someday. remember any time when you kill a man like akbar mohamadi .

navid007

Bench Warmer
Jul 23, 2005
the irony is that they are killing you because you are only accused of killing 168 people! thats all. so lets face it, u actually got away with it...
If they want to add iran - iran war to the list of his crimes, then so many other dirty hands including US is involved ... but if it was up to me I would give him a life sentence with a camera in his cell so everyone could watch him live everyday !