Sadegh Zibakalam's new comment about Israel

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
The only country hurt by IR's refusal to recognize Israel has been Iran itself.

And IR's sponsoring of Lebanese and Palestinian terrorist groups has not been an "investment"; .
To understand his choice of words you have to know where he is coming from . You see, the long forgotten and dissipated trillion dollar stimulus was also an "investment".

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Yup. Iran's failure to recognize Israel's sovereignty has really hurt Israel!!! Most Israelis don't hit bed before praying for Iran's recognition every night.
if you insist on being petty and childish so be it.

but in case you are interested to know Israel would benefit very much recognition.

indeed if Israel can get Iran and Saudi Arabia to officially recognize it, it can be assured that its security will be guaranteed (from an investment point of view) for the foreseeable future.

Indeed Israel is demanding the recognition of "the Jewish State of Israel" which hints that would be OK for Israel to hand over as little as 20% of most undesired noncontinuous lands to Palestinians.

For Them it would be crucial to neutralize one of the benefactors of Palestinians.

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
^And if they don't offer any concessions what's the winning option then? Continue pissing away billions? I'll take the "losing" option.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
^And if they don't offer any concessions what's the winning option then? Continue pissing away billions? I'll take the "losing" option.
There is no reason for Israel not to negotiate with Iran over the matter.

That's because they have everything to win with no cost to them. After all Israel has nothing that Iran needs or Wants.

What Israel has is a benefactor (United States) which could compensate Iran with strategic gifts in return for strategic concession to Israel.

I am not believer in one way diplomacy. where Iran gives concessions and gets nothing in return.

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
What we get in return is not throwing billions away in Syria, Lebanon and Gaza on a yearly basis. And an Iranian government whose foreign policy is not based on opposition to Israel would have no business sponsoring those groups to begin with.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
After all Israel has nothing that Iran needs or Wants.
And that's precisely why all time and money spent on this retarded ideological path is NOT an investment my friend! That's also the reason there will NEVER be any "negotiation" between Iran and Israel because the main principle of any negotiation is that both parties need or want something!

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
And that's precisely why all time and money spent on this retarded ideological path is NOT an investment my friend! That's also the reason there will NEVER be any "negotiation" between Iran and Israel because the main principle of any negotiation is that both parties need or want something!
if you read the post once against you will notice that I specifically said Iran serious needs strategic concessions (help) from the U.S in exchange for this concession to Israel.

May 12, 2007
if you read the post once against you will notice that I specifically said Iran serious needs strategic concessions (help) from the U.S in exchange for this concession to Israel.
Why should US give Iran conscessions? US is standing as strong as possible against Iran. They don't give concessions they force Iran to give consessions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a5uSWCC4Y4

Last edited:

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
You can listen to rhetoric from Iranian or American officials if you like. but I think it is more helpful to look at the 15 year negotiation record.

Again from a pure analysis point of view not from an economic opportunity cost point of view.

The reality is back in 2000(s) the U.S was even opposed to Iran's Bushehr Nuclear reactor let alone any enrichment program.

Today the U.S is willing to let modest Enrichment program remain intact in Iran.

but that's not we are talking about.
---

Why do you suppose during Five years of Obama Administration and Eight Years of Bush Administration despite the Drum Roll the U.S did not attack Iran.
After all there were enough think-tanks and lobbyist organizations that were constantly pushing for an attack on Iran. Any president would have had enough political cover to do it.

I suspect that it did not happen because of Potential Iranian Deterrence.
Since Iran lacks any kind of modern tactical conventional weapons, It would have been highly unlikely for Iranian Air-Defenses to put up any kind of fight against western Aircraft.

it is not likely that Iran's defensive posture would have saved an attack on Iran.

any Attack on Iran would have had to to be a sustained 2-4 weeks attack to soften all kinds of Targets not just Nuclear Facilities.

From Game-Theory Esque WarGames America likely concluded that politically it is impossible for Iranian government not to respond to sustained long-term bombing campaign.

That is the regime's legitimacy would come under question from its very own supporters if it does not respond.

But how could Iran respond?

Iran does not really have a modern functional Airforce.

Iranian Infantry and Mechanized divisions cannot pose a threat to U.S Aircraft Careers sitting 20-30 off the coast of IRan.

So Iran only has two options left that are the last resort for Iran.

That is simply increase the cost of the war for the U.S considerably.

Iran can mine the Strait of Hormuz thereby increasing the risk of global commerce to hope that other nations would apply pressure on the U.S to sit down and negotiate.

Iran can sporadically shoot short-range "cruise missiles" against American Vessels and bases in the Persian Gulf Region.
I say Sporadic because most of those would have been discovered and shutdown by American Aircraft.

But the Biggest Cost Iran can incur on the U.S is not on the U.S Navy and Central Command but on state of Israel.

any kind of coordinated Iranian campaign by the way of Lebenon and WestBank can life make more difficult (not impossible) for Israel.

As most of you that have lived in the West should know putting the economy in serious jeopardy is not something the U.S does unless it can quickly mitigated.

Thus Far America has not been able to make the calculation that they can fully contain all the damage that Iran and its elements can cause.

-----------------
if you accept that the notion that Israel is very important to the United states and perhaps as important as 51st state.
Then the U.S would be willing to make concessions that would render Israel much more secure than it is today.

After all Iran would be conceding one its only two strategic weapons so it should get something in return that is worth-while.

Well let's see what is that Iran strategically needs serious help with.

...Iran needs U.S help in the Caspian. Azarbayejan Republic has been strengthened by Israel and the U.S and its Petro dollars.
Russia is fundamentally opposed to Iran capturing more of the oil and gas resources of the Caspian.
It prefers weaker countries that it can easily control having a greater share.
Iran's current situation in the Caspian is not sustainable and it will even get worse if there was a final settlement between Azabayejan and Armenia.

...Iran needs U.S blessing to construct pipelines to supply both India and Pakistan with Natural Gas. Such a Pipeline has been blocked by the U.S for the last 20 years.

...Iran needs U.S Support to construct pipelines to supply western China with natural Gas either through Pakistan or Afghanistan.

..Iran needs U.S Support to help divert Turkmanistan's Gas to Iran and in Exchange Iran can export that Gas to a third country for Turkamnistan.

..Iran needs U.S support to construct massive pipelines through Turkey to Supply southeastern Europe with Iranian Gas.

...Iran may need some U.S rhetorical support on the issue of three Islands in Persian Gulf.

IMHO It is unwise for Iran to give majority of what it has (for good or bad) in exchange for nothing.

May 12, 2007
Use what ever resource you want. The conclussion is Iran and Irani are losing. The 20% enriched uronioms are lost. Sanctions has been somewhat lighter. Do you think they will give more consessions?

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Use what ever resource you want. The conclussion is Iran and Irani are losing. The 20% enriched uronioms are lost. Sanctions has been somewhat lighter. Do you think they will give more consessions?
I am not sure if this was a statement or question.

if it was question. I am not clear what the question is clearly referring to.

parham79

Bench Warmer
Dec 5, 2009
It comes back to this idiotic regimes stupid policies that have left Iran in a almost bankrupt state. All this Is because Iran wanted a 1000 kilowatts of power?.Under the Shah who founded Irans nuke program, We would have had over 23 thousand kilowatt of power from the 18 reactors built by the best in the world which would have made us one of the biggest energy/electricity exporters on the planet It alo would have supported the biggest industrial complex that would have dwarfed anything on the industrial complexes in the world to be built in the south where aluminium, steel electrical goods, car and other things iran was planning to build and export.We were planning to build complexe where we would convert oil to petrol and have an Iranian firm of oil company where we would open up petrol refineries and petrol stations all over the world. We were purchasing a huge fleet to do this. Like BP, Shell an texico does. Iranian firm to join these guys.

Listen to this guy from minute 26 and on who was in Shah' cabinet to undertand how iran's Nuke program started. Now we are forced to ask for our own money back. The more I learn about the shah and how much he did and was planning, it seems we commited national suicide.Az mast ke bar mas. Iran with all it's potential should have been a top 3 industrial power which was exactly where we were heading towards. Now we are a almost bankrupt state where people are fighting over a bag of chicken.That moron who used to aftabe sazi shah, no moron, shah built iran from the bottom up and the likes of you destroyed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgERoP0Cvak

Last edited: