salam from tehran

reza+

Ball Boy
Feb 19, 2004
hi guys,

i've finally made it to tehran after 32 years !!! currently just chilling out somewhere in saadat-abad ... if all of iran was like saadat abad, it'd be a great place to live ...well, for some really

can't say much else really (for various reasons) ....

but what i need most right now is "esken" - money !!! and in huge amounts to live here !!!!

alborz

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
After you`re done chilling out look for kids who are doing their home work under street lights. You don`t have too look hard they are all over the city.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
If you don't have to pay rent, you need at least 3,000,000 toman per month to have a decent life in Iran. I am taking into account a young family here.

If you have to pay rent then add another 2million.

Unless you go rent in the south of the city around King Abdul Great. Otherwise in the north you easily pay that much rent for a decent apartment.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Hope you'll enjoy your stay specially after 32 years. As for living make sure you do your homework before making any serious decision.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
guys give the fellow a break.

reza just try to have fun.

you are not gone know much about Iran unless you stay there 6 month to a year.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Don't ask what Iran has to offer you..... what do you have to offer Iran?
They government has enough Sandid khors already.

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
reza jon..welcome home buddy...u've heard enough good advice already...

btw- most tehrani's don't or have not seen the museumes..palaces..and a good few interesting sites in there...no hurry..but see them if u get a chance...I usually tell many foreign guests to visit the most precious Jewelery store in the world..u know Moze Javaherate Saltanati..

payan

Captain
Dec 12, 2002
usa
it is funny the name of places , meydan azadi, khyiaban azadi , seadat abad , khoshbakht mahale , meydan mehrbani . kooche behshti . zolfali . medan gole o bolbol .
chehar ra marafat .
agha jan ,have a nice trip . have some sighe for me .

Mr Thick

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
Reza khosh omadi be mahalleye ma, kojash hasti? (no specifics of course).

Shabha balaye bereleyan o nazdike ab anariye hatman dombale dastan meegardin? ;)

reza+

Ball Boy
Feb 19, 2004
sorry guys .... not getting back to u earlier.... i have no internet at home yet

it's weird but i like it here so far .... mainly coz i have an artificial life at the momen ...i'm sort of on holiday currently as i have no work ... as someone said earlier, after 6 months i'd be able to tell u more ... but i absolutely hate the driving here ...and the traffic ... if i can avoid central tehran/rush hour traffic... then it'll be great

it's expensive but i think maybe 1mil toman is ok for a small family for decent life style .... excluding rent/car and so on

mr thick aziz, i donno tehran/saadat abad ... but live near kaj square .... pls keep in touch ... ty

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Dear Reza, I see you manage to get around the filter for ISP :)

1million T is nowhere near enough for a small family even if you don't pay rent.

In time you will discover things with the way of life that requires more and more money, things that are related to people's attitudes. I give you one example. If you send your kids to a normal school people will look down on you. Of course you don't care what people think about this, but they never say t in your face, they say it behind your back. You are judged by everything you own, the car you drive, your mobile phone, the restaurant you eat at, the school you send your kids to, whether they go to evening classes....etc.

You will eventually start living a life for other people's eyes! not because you want to but because the society and the environment demands it. I know, I know what you are thinking mate, but this is something I see about Iranians everytime I go back. be gole khodeshoon, cheshm be ham cheshmi. You will see what I mean in time. It really gets on my nervs and I can ignore it but I know that once I have children things will change.

They are non essential expenses that become essential. This will cost you far more than 1million T a month.

Anyway, do let us know what you think in 6 months time :)

Last edited: