Sarah Palin knows everything about Bush's Doctrine

raminio05

National Team Player
Dan Quayle !!
Lloyd Bentsen tore him in pieces, still they won the election. Even though VP debates could result in a relative turning point to a campaign still I don't believe it is that decisive.
But Palins impact on this election, and her impact on McCain getting back in the race has been much greater than any election before it(that i remember).

Either way, someone please answer me this:

WHY DOES ANY OF THIS MATTER??? IT'S NOT LIKE THE PRESIDENT IS CHOSEN BY POPULAR VOTE.

Oct 20, 2003
But Palins impact on this election, and her impact on McCain getting back in the race has been much greater than any election before it(that i remember).
Either way, someone please answer me this:
WHY DOES ANY OF THIS MATTER??? IT'S NOT LIKE THE PRESIDENT IS CHOSEN BY POPULAR VOTE.
Ramin JAn, the debates matter in toss up states where the two candidates are competing neck and neck. Almost 20% of the voters have not made up their mind yet, like our own Flint ;) and are up for grab, these voters can swing some of the states and make or break a candidate.

Pahlevoon Nayeb

National Team Player
Oct 17, 2002
Poshteh Kooh
Motori jaan, we first need to look into the opponent's IQ before making any serious judgments here! LOL

My take: Palin is as dumb as she sounds. And she'll be taken to school by Biden.

Chakereh Agha Footbalist! Long time brother!

And, yes, Palin is in fact as dumb as she seems. Checking her previous debates, she resorts to a form of passive-aggressive behavior only seen in angry Playboy bunnies!! It's just that no one has made that connection yet as she's been fully clothed! :)

Oct 20, 2003
you mean 20% of the electorate have not made up their mind yet?
No that is not what I said. I said almost 20% of voters have not made up their mind yet. As you know in many states the winner take all, so in a toss up state like Florida is many of undecided vote for a specific candidate, the whole 27 electoral votes go to that candidate. Therefore, the impact of 20% undecided in certain cases could be magnified because of the winner take all rule.

Pahlevoon Nayeb

National Team Player
Oct 17, 2002
Poshteh Kooh
No that is not what I said. I said almost 20% of voters have not made up their mind yet. As you know in many states the winner take all, so in a toss up state like Florida is many of undecided vote for a specific candidate, the whole 27 electoral votes go to that candidate. Therefore, the impact of 20% undecided in certain cases could be magnified because of the winner take all rule.
Iranpaak jon,

And, as of yesterday, McCain was behind by as much as 8 points in Florida, which is pretty stunning!

Footbalist

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
Los LAshkhores, Casifornia
Chakereh Agha Footbalist! Long time brother!

And, yes, Palin is in fact as dumb as she seems. Checking her previous debates, she resorts to a form of passive-aggressive behavior only seen in angry Playboy bunnies!! It's just that no one has made that connection yet as she's been fully clothed! :)
Koocheekeh Pahlevoon. And LLLOOOLLLL @ the bunny analogy. Brilliant!

:D

raminio05

National Team Player
i see.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Duke,
I'm sure you remember Palin's interview with Katie Couric (bad guys good guys one....LOL) and now this. I watched Sarah Palin's Governor election debates in the you tube and I tell you she totally owned her opponent. Looking at her personal life sure she was not a stranger to media and spot light therefore she can't be that dumb. I'm guessing her speech coaches and debate strategists are guiding her to act like one so Joe Beiden drops his guard and don't take her seriously. What do you think?
I am not invested in a personality cult. Anyone who spouses what I believe gets my vote. There are democrats that I would vote for before republicans. As for Palin, to quote a familiar Obama line, she is not the Palin we knew! You can't answer what magazines you read? Come on. The worst thing she does is to keep going and going instead of just saying I don't know. Having said that, the press has smelled blood so they come up with these quiz show questions that sounds like test questions. The reason I don't think she is going to turn things around tonight is that a lot of what she needs to say, and perhaps wants to say, goes against McCain himself. She can kill Obama and Biden on spending and earmarks but her boss just voted for one.

Oct 20, 2003
and this is a bit off topic, but what does "Rakhsat" meant Iranpaak jaan?
Rakhsat means ajazeh, to permit, to allow. For example, when a football player who used to play for PP now plays for EsEs comes to PP coach (such as Parvin) and asks for permission out of politeness and respect for the elder and master. It is an old sonnat mostly common in zoorkhoneh in the old days. When a Pahlavan was going to do something, would ask permission from (meydondar) grand Pahlavan, by saying Rakhsat Pahlavan!
Here is more

برخي از آداب و رسوم زورخانه عبارتست از:
1- كوتاه بودن در ورودي براي خم شدن كه نشانه اي از فروتني و تواضع واردشونده است. 2- ورزش بعد از فريضه صبح شروع شود. 3- مرشد براي واردين احتراماتي به عمل آورد. يعني با اداي عبارت خوش آمديد، برخي را با زدن دست به ضرب، گروهي با زدن زنگ و... 4- ورزشكار موقع ورود به گود خاك گود را ببوسد. 5- هنگام ورزش؛ ورزشكار پيشكسوت به عنوان مياندار سايرين را رهبري مي كند. 6- بعد از مياندار بقيه به ترتيب سابقه در جاي خود قرار مي گيرند. 7- طبقه سادات بر سايرين اولويت دارند ولو مبتدي باشند. 8- ورزش با لباس ممنوع است. 9- ميل گرفتن و سفاكردن انفرادي با لباس خارج از گود ممنوع است. 10- شركت افراد نابالغ ممنوع است. 11- خوردن، آشاميدن، تدخين، صحبت و خنده در گود ممنوع است. 12- نشستن در سردم جز براي مرشد براي بقيه ممنوع است. 13- موقع ورزش انفرادي رخصت خواستن با صداي بلند الزامي است. 14- لنگ روي شلوار بسته شود. 15- كشتي با شلوار كوتاه چرمي )تنكه - تنبان نطعي( انجام شود. 16- حق تقدم با پيشكسوت است و ثروت و مقام اجتماعي جايي ندارد. 17- بلندكردن ميل اول با سادات و پيشكسوت است، ولي كباده و چرخ برعكس آن است. 18- به نشانه احترام به پهلوان، حركات انفرادي او شمارش مي شود. 19- شعرخواندن جزو آداب زورخانه است. 20- براي تشويق از ماشاءا... استفاده مي شود. 21- در خاتمه ورزش و پيش از كشيدن كباده مياندار از مرشد تشكر مي كند. با عبارت دست و پنجه شما درد نكند. 22- كشتي گير براي حريف گل مي فرستد يا به سويش پرتاب مي كند كه گلريزان مي گفتند و شايد رسم گلريزان از همين آيين گرفته شده باشد. 23- مجسمه شير و يا نقش ميل و كباده بر سنگ قبر پهلوان نشانه احترام به اوست پس از مرگ.
تلخيص از فرهنگ جامع تاريخ تهران

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2003
Just finished watching the debate, I think she did OK given the fact that the bar was lowered so much for her. Her constant smirking and grinning was annoying to me. I thought she repeated the baseless claim that Obama has raised taxes and will raise taxes.I thought Biden was in command and did better, no gaffes dear abedzadeh.

Sith

IPL Player
Jun 13, 2005
www.wegotitfirst.com
My take on the VP debate, and why I think Sarah Palin failed, and is not ready to be the Vice President of United states.

-Refusing to answer questions, by sticking with irrelevant subjects.
-Not commenting on any of the major points made by Senator Biden.
-Using mockery to justify her own failures (What the hell does a VP do?!, heh)
-Repeating everything McCain had said in the first Pres Debate, while the moderator was strictly asking ''What would you do, Not what McCain would do''.
-And that smile on her face regardless of what Senator Biden would say, that lack of respect for a man with Biden's experience, and sticking to a script that she had memorized for this debate, helped her fail in winning the voters trust.

Senator Biden was clear and Vice Presidential, he did follow a prepared script, but he wasn't afraid to improvise, because unlike Palin, Biden is not acting. He truly believes in everything he says, where in Palin's side, she uses her voice to add drama to her argument, and that argument speaks for itself: WEAK, and worthless. She didn't come out there to prove shes qualified, she came out to weaken Obama and not face the main reason of this whole debate.

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
While I agree with Flint that there has been some gamesmanship in the questions she has been asked, given that she is running for the vice-presidency of the greatest power in the world, it is her job to know the asnwer to a lot of them. Tonight, she was much better prepared, although in my opinion, she sounded as if she was reading off of a script. She needed to win this debate rather decisivlely. IMO she didn't, and perhaps even lost. She is likable, but falls short of my expectations for the position.

Pahlevoon Nayeb

National Team Player
Oct 17, 2002
Poshteh Kooh
Rakhsat Pahlevoon,

And as of today completely dropped off of Michigan which must have disappointed Flint ;).

chak
Chaakereh Agha Iranpaak!

Yup. Michigan has been conceded! Good riddance to the "straight BS express!"

On the debate, I thought Palin held her own as well. She didn't have anymore deer in the headlight moment as she has had in the entertaining weeks that passed. However, her passive-aggressive, Playboy bunny wink and smile style is about eight years too late. She would have topped Bush in a New York minute back in 2000. Now, the majority have had enough of someone they want to have beer with and are looking to someone who can actually lead this nation out of the hangover of all the drinking with the current joe-six-pack in the office!

By the way, did anyone else notice how she asked for MORE power for the office of the Vice President? Man! Given Darth Vader's secret eight years as the VP, I guaranty you this is going to send shivers down a lot of people's spines!!

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
Listening To Fox News. This guy just said that he had not seen a debate in which one side -Palin- beat the other side so soundly since Reagan!! I remember Reagan very well. He was the ultimate debater and communicator. Comparing Palin's ability to debate to Reagan's is preposterous. To resort to such extreme exaggerations suggests to me that the Republicans are getting desperate.

Oct 18, 2002
I watched about 15 minutes of the debate, got totally bored with lack of substance, switched to the Canadian leaders election debate (was at the same time) and enjoyed it a lot.

So what was the verdict? no knock-out punch?