Senna

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
Did anyone see the documentary?
I don't know much about Formula 1 nor do I have any real interest it in, but it was very absorbing, keeps your attention and just very well done overall.
There are no "talking head" interviews. Only footage of interviews or races that Senna was involved in.

[video=youtube;HrbJPsPtTyU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrbJPsPtTyU[/video]

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
I am neither much into F1 , but according to many experts Senna could be considered as the greatest one if he was still alive ..

They say if both Senna and Villeneuve were drving in 2011 , they could be still alive from their accident ( with tons of protections now)

look at senna acident :
[video=youtube;PMEv_XC6ObQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMEv_XC6ObQ[/video]

and one happened to polish Kubica , couple years a go here ,it was way worse and at first place people thought he is dead!
[video=youtube;AtrzvwayniM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtrzvwayniM[/video]

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Shumi's tears when he equaled Senna's record

[video=youtube;EOQjYCwgLdE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOQjYCwgLdE[/video]
Nice !he was behind senna when it happened ! it should stay always with you! ...
also i was never a fan of Schumacher ..

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
also i was never a fan of Schumacher ..
I don't know why some people don't like the dude. He was/is legendary. I'm not into F1 at all but watched many of his races out of boredom and I recall this race where he had the worst possible start (got blocked by a few others spinning in front of him) and badly fell behind. The craziness and focus he showed to come and win the race always stuck with me. After the race he said something to the effect of "I always wondered if it's possible to be so stupid and live to see the finish line. I guess it is!"

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
I don't know why some people don't like the dude. He was/is legendary. I'm not into F1 at all but watched many of his races out of boredom and I recall this race where he had the worst possible start (got blocked by a few others spinning in front of him) and badly fell behind. The craziness and focus he showed to come and win the race always stuck with me. After the race he said something to the effect of "I always wondered if it's possible to be so stupid and live to see the finish line. I guess it is!"
Well , i am not much into it , so not in very right place to comment , but many drivers call him a cheater once in race , using all king of way to eliminate his rival , even to make himself or rival in danger ! i know quebec boy and son of R.I.P Giles Villeneuve ( Jacques ) used to hate him alot LOL! And they didnt talk for while when they were rival, also some other drivers said something similar !

the year JVN won the title it went until the last day and Schumacher almost tried to use the same strategy to take him out , but instead he was himelf out of race and Villenueve won it ( i guess it was in 1998!)

Last edited:

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
Shumi is the greatest driver of all times, no doubt. You can compare him to the likes of Federer and Jordan if you would. There is not a shadow of a doubt between the racing enthusiasts.

Senna was fantastic in his short lifespan, unfortunately his life was cut short and we would never know how far he would have reached, but never doubt what Shumi has accomplished in the F1 history. To call him a cheat is simply not fair. This is after all the world's fastest race and there is always an element of risk and extraordinary danger involved.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Schumi was A great driver but he drove in the best cars of his time. In fairness to him, he stuck with Ferrari when they weren't so competetive and helped them to create him the best car. The reason many people don't like him, rightly in my view, is that he would do anything to win, like park his car in the middle of the track to prevent his rival from clocking a faster time, or intentionally take out his closets rival in the championship (Damon Hill) when he knew he had no chance of winning the race. This was the dark side of his character. Some people put it down to his competetive nature, others think he was a cheat.

Reminds one of the Maradona story, who was a great player but would do the odd dirty thing to win at any cost.

For me though, Senna was a different class in every respect. I remember the accident and the moment the news came through that he was pronounced brain dead. It was a numbing feeling.

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
guy was a legend in Brazil..even bigger than football players....IMO..he was just very unlucky in the accident..I believe one of tires broke away, flew up and dropped on his head..and that caused his dead..RIP

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Schumi was A great driver but he drove in the best cars of his time. In fairness to him, he stuck with Ferrari when they weren't so competetive and helped them to create him the best car. The reason many people don't like him, rightly in my view, is that he would do anything to win, like park his car in the middle of the track to prevent his rival from clocking a faster time, or intentionally take out his closets rival in the championship (Damon Hill) when he knew he had no chance of winning the race. This was the dark side of his character. Some people put it down to his competetive nature, others think he was a cheat.

Reminds one of the Maradona story, who was a great player but would do the odd dirty thing to win at any cost.

For me though, Senna was a different class in every respect. I remember the accident and the moment the news came through that he was pronounced brain dead. It was a numbing feeling.
Schumacher had some douchebag early years but he grew as a driver and person and in the end I was really rooting for him. He understood cars like no one else and that made him a class apart from every other driver.

Senna was more than a driver though. There has never been a driver in history as socially conscious as Senna. When he died, Brazil stood still. They wouldn't do this for any other athlete.

Dec 12, 2002
usa
well, it was me ,i should had followed my only dream, to be a fomula 1 driver ,30 years ago,but i should be in europe .i knew i could be the best of all time .plus you had to be a sex machine as well ,and not loyal to any .seroiusly it was all me . but the same time honest .never hideanythings .that is exactlly never been married .
but it is great career to be formula one driver .i guess i had to do half europe too same time .
what i wrote i mean it . only one negah was honest to me only one . i will keep that treaure the rest of my life .that negah .ofcoure there has been one another one from belguim-holand had such feeling for me .

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
Ayrton Senna,

Probably the greatest F1 driver of all time, his greatness was not encompassing around his racing talent but for his goodness in heart and generosity as well. After his tragic death it was discovered that he had quietly donated millions of $s to help children in need in Brazil and around the world.

Right before his tragic accident he created an organization dedicated to children in Brazil which later on became “Instituto Ayrton Senna”.

That tragic day in May 1994 I was watching the San Marino Grand Prix at Imola Italy live, few (?) laps after start Senna was leading the race, he cleared the turn 2 with speed around 200 mph and while approaching the turn 3 his car bottomed out heavily (back then any one could tell the severity of bottoming out by looking at the Rooster Tail sparks behind the car), lost traction and hit the solid concrete wall with speed around 135 mph, car spun few time and came to a halt, few seconds passed which felt like eternity and Senna with his helmet leaning to the side was not moving.

He died that day and I felt like the whole world stood still.

He did not leave in vain, his death shook the entire FIA and rest of the motor-sport world. Every body came to this conclusion that “If Senna got killed, every body could”. It was a turning point in F1 safety measure, Tracks around the world were modified, redirected, resurfaced and concrete walls removed, chassis and drivers personal safety gears were all revolutionized and GPDA was formed. To a point that until today Senna remains the last F1 driver who lost his life while racing.

Looking at Robert Kubica’s crash in Montreal few years ago, he was able to walk out of that horrific crash (although with some broken bones) and he still races today.

Few words about 2 all time great F1 drivers Senna and Schummy. Although both astonishingly talented but with different approach. Senna did not sit in the cockpit, it seemed like he would wrap the car around himself and makes it an extension of his physic, and using his sheer will, he would get out there and win.
Schummy always concentrates on mechanics and suspension geometry set up of the car, he takes the car out for few laps, turns back to garage and tell engineers what needs to be done to make a great car the greatest. I agree with Behrooz saying Ferrari provided great cars for him, but Ferrari provided another great car to Reuben as well but Schummy’s ability to communicate with engineers was always instrumental for him to excel. He is also a great strategist.

We have a saying in motor-sport that “You are not cheating until you get caught”. Every body cheats (remember McLaren fiasco?) , blocks passing cars, do every thing possible to gain some advantage, but we saw Schummy more b/c he was always on the spot light thus exposed more than the other to scrutiny.

Contrary to general believe Schummy is a great guy, a family man with 3 (?) children, kind and generous to people around him. He is not arrogant, he is just quite aware of complex F1 politics and possible scandals which he cleverly managed to stay away from for so many years.

First word comes to my mind by looking at this pic. is "Determination". Rest in eternal peace Champ.