September 1974 - Iran wins Asian Games for the first time by defeating Israel

OldFan

Bench Warmer
Feb 4, 2005
This is the last time they played against each other. The goal was an own goal, because of a massive rocket by Adelkhani.

Go Iran, bring back the old glory. Slide1.JPG Slide2.JPG Slide3.JPG Slide4.JPG Slide5.JPG Slide6.JPG Slide7.JPG Slide8.JPG

sartana

Ball Boy
May 29, 2008
Thanks for posting these. I was in the stadium that night. A night I will never forget.

Some of the Jewish Iranians who were supporting Israel were making B.S. excuses that the own goal was on purpose. They were scared for their lives had they beaten Iran. :crybaby:

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Israel and their great keeper Visouker came to Iran 3 times and met us 3 times in the final and left the field disappointed each time !

Hope to see them again sometime in the football field ...

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
It was great sitting behind Israel's goal for Iran's goal. :)

As i have mentioned before , i was at this game at Aryamehr Stadium and sitting in the stands behind Israel's goal as Iran scored the winner when Mohammad Reza Adelkhani's cross was deflected into the net by Israel's Shum.when the game was over we headed towards the bus terminal chanting victory songs.one of the chants was mocking Israel's Defense Minister Moshe Dayan (the one eyed man) and it went like this:

ba arreh boridim sare Moshe Dayan ra
ajab kalleh khari bood , ajab kalleh khari bood

با ارّه بُریدیم سَر ِ موشه دایان را
عجب کلّه خری بود ، عجب کلّه خری بود

Moshe Dayan

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
281597_232607016873036_1808164707_n.jpg

old fan aziz,send us few pictures,and (badbakhtemoon kard!!!!).
since he has sent these pictures for us,I have been in serious nostalgy for those days.....every picture,talks to you,and tells us,about how we lost our champions,those champions,who brought us pride,life,and happiness.....indeed,guys,just close your eyes,and see if Adelkhani,jabbari,masihnia,kargarjam,were residing in any foreign countries,do you think,they would be treated as they are being treated now?

we,already forgot everything about them,I am sure,90% of young generation,even do not know,who jabbari,adelkhani,and kargarjam are,and that is a quite disaster for our nation....

just,watch sultan ali jabbari,how he is ba taasob....pictures tell you,why he has been the captain of the great taj tehran.....why he used to supervise nasser hejazi,rowshan,kargarjam,adelkhani,mazloumi,and the rest...it is not a joke,with having great superstars like hejazi,and rest,you would be their hero,and captain....that is why,he was the upper hand of raykoff......

this is the type of the medal our champs got in 1353......

anyway,thanks again,old fan aziz, for sending us these pictures.......

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
View attachment 32990

old fan aziz,send us few pictures,and (badbakhtemoon kard!!!!).
since he has sent these pictures for us,I have been in serious nostalgy for those days.....every picture,talks to you,and tells us,about how we lost our champions,those champions,who brought us pride,life,and happiness.....indeed,guys,just close your eyes,and see if Adelkhani,jabbari,masihnia,kargarjam,were residing in any foreign countries,do you think,they would be treated as they are being treated now?

we,already forgot everything about them,I am sure,90% of young generation,even do not know,who jabbari,adelkhani,and kargarjam are,and that is a quite disaster for our nation....

this is the type of the medal our champs got in 1353......

anyway,thanks again,old fan aziz, for sending us these pictures.......
:smoke: .........:Iran1:

[video=youtube_share;EL9BzJEci6c]http://youtu.be/EL9BzJEci6c[/video]

Aug 13, 2003
Pure GOLD! What a memory! We were the king of Asian football! WOW! I miss those days! Just look at the team picture! No weakness in any position. All great players.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Merci kasra jan , ghosseh Iran mano kosht .................................................. ........................................

[video=youtube_share;UuA_8ZNiE9c]http://youtu.be/UuA_8ZNiE9c[/video]

bebakhshid ehsasaati shodam , baa in ahang mikhastam ehsaasamo bayan konam ...

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
Merci kasra jan , ghosseh Iran mano kosht .................................................. ........................................

[video=youtube_share;UuA_8ZNiE9c]http://youtu.be/UuA_8ZNiE9c[/video]

bebakhshid ehsasaati shodam , baa in ahang mikhastam ehsaasamo bayan konam ...
734670_404742762938706_1231853375_n.jpg

afarin,be vojoodet...was fantastic.....

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
It must have been an AMAZING experience to be in the stadium and watch TM play during those days. These are the times I wish I was a little older. :(

Are there any full videos of that game going around? It would be great to see them if someone finds something. Kasra jaan, I wish I was in the "younger" generation, but other than Adelkhani which I remember vaguely, I don't know Jabbari (I'm guessing you didn't mean Mojtaba! ;)) or the other names you mentioned. :(

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
It must have been an AMAZING experience to be in the stadium and watch TM play during those days. These are the times I wish I was a little older. :(

Are there any full videos of that game going around? It would be great to see them if someone finds something. Kasra jaan, I wish I was in the "younger" generation, but other than Adelkhani which I remember vaguely, I don't know Jabbari (I'm guessing you didn't mean Mojtaba! ;)) or the other names you mentioned. :(
I watched that game live on TV , I remember it was a tough game but I think we had the ball for most of the game and dominating .

you are right about those days , we always had this belief that we will win and we usualy did ,it was the same feeling when our wrestlers were on the mat ,it was like it was our God given right to win ! we were good and envy of many nations , specially those around or near us .

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011

18816_231595866974151_142180447_n.jpg 979.jpg

yes,aziz,see how we were the greatest in Asia.....top coach,from man.united,his assistant mohajerani....with all top players....this is the picture of ali jabbari,nick name,sultan.....he was a real sultan for all of us.....great giant players,like hejazi,mazloumi,adelkhani,kargarjam,all under his supervision.....

he was the only one,who had been a true star,and under praise of raykoff.raykoff trusted him a lot...he was the only one,who had the permission to talk to raykoff,and ask him to replace a player with another one......

unfortunately,all victories vanished as you blink your eyes.....and again,you belong to a young generation,this is not your fault,if you do not know him....but,this my fault,(kasra1930),and ourv fault, who try to censor their succes,and lower their value down,by not talking about our past heros.......

etemadi_fan

Football Fan
Oct 2, 2014
Kasra1930, you have been most kind to me and my requests in other postings. Do you have a larger copy of these images? I would like to obtain a larger copy of the black and white image from earlier in the thread of the players on the medal stand, and the color image of the players on the stand above. Like, Bi-honar, I am also trying to locate videos of this game or any of the games from this Asian Games... I do not wish to offend, or to be too forward, but if you have one and would be willing to message me your email address I would like to contact you to obtain some of these images in larger sizes so that we may reprint them to honor our friend and excellent player from this team, Mahmoud Etemadi.

Last edited:

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
etemadi2.jpg

جناب اعتمادی درود بر شما.حقیقتش را بخواهید،اونقدر این دورو زمونه بد شده و سر ما ادامها شلوغ و گرفتار که حدی را نمیتوان قائل شد.با عرض معذرت از سرور گرامی*** که تاخیر در فرستادن عکس***های مربوط به هاف بک پر توان بانک ملی*** یعنی*** محمود اعتمادی شد.

امروز این عکس را برایتان میفرستم،یادش بخیر،فرامرز صباحی،وقتی*** شیر میشد،کسی*** جلودارش نمی***شد.دروازبان خوبی*** بود،در اوایل دهه ۵۰،عکسش در روزنامهای ورزشی اون زمان چاپ میشد.

در بارهٔ عکس ها،میتوانید از یک سافت ور خوب استفاده کنید و عکس***ها را بزرگ نمایید.