Shadmehr Aghili, total disaster....

Nov 24, 2002
He had a concert here last night, i don't like his voice anyway but some friends were attending the concert and wife suggested we should go, and .... We finally attended it as well:)
I have seen few disasters of Pop music, i understand they are more entertainer than singer, but even being an entertainer is an art. Well all started when he was totally drunk and started to talk B.S from beginning. He most likely collected bunch of people from street and gave each of them $ 50 dollars to fake playing instruments as clearly they were faking, worst is they didn't know how to fake, how to hold the instrument properly even lol.
Instruments weren't even connected to the power, digeh ta in had.
Himself was also faking in majority of his songs(lab-khooni), i have seen some singers doing that but at least they knew how to do it. Brief, toward the end Taghriban Shahram Kashani ro ro sefid karde boud, he was on the floor and it was total disaster, waste of money and time honestly.

The sadest part was, most of people didn't even notice this disaster, and at the end bah bah o chah chah mikardan lool

It is pretty sad because he used to be a good musician at least(the voice is garbage anyway), but used to be a decent violin player and i know personally his former Master(Ostad Shamlou Karband).

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
This is very sad ,he is such a talented musician ,you are not the first person to tell me he is not very good live , but this is out of order , I recently saw couple of videos of shahram Kashani and he was a disaster .

I think it is an insult to paying public inteligence to fake playing music and mimic singing , I recently went to a marvelous musical play about the band the Kinks called "sunny afternoon" and the actors were all able pro musicians and played the band's music to perfection as if they were the original members of the kinks and yet you get a reputable musician and singer like Shadmehr who can't even sing and play his own bloody music live for people who have paid to watch him !

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
What a coincidence! I was actually listening to some of his songs yesterday and I don't even like the guy and never listen to him!

Well, Mahbod jan, at least you know you will never go to his concert again, even if your wife pushes it! ;)

I recently saw couple of videos of shahram Kashani and he was a disaster .
He's still alive? Did it come out what happened to him? Reportedly he was in coma and almost dying some years ago!

Nov 24, 2002
What a coincidence! I was actually listening to some of his songs yesterday and I don't even like the guy and never listen to him!

Well, Mahbod jan, at least you know you will never go to his concert again, even if your wife pushes it! ;)!
If is up to me i never attend any of these kind of concerts and most of the pop ones from Iran.
Saali 10 ta album o in hame khanandeh 2 ta kare khoub nemibini.
Albate sonatti ham hamine. Ama hadeaghal 2 saat seda ro mishe tahamol kard. Torture nist

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I think it is an insult to paying public inteligence to fake playing music and mimic singing
No azizjan, the real insult is dumb fucks like my own friends and family who pay upwards of $100 to go see these clowns live. They know exactly what they're signing up for but still do it. I've had big arguments with my own family about this and have simply given up. It's just not right to reward mediocrity or outright scams, but no one seems to understand me. I feel like an alien in these events.

Nov 24, 2002
یه جور ایی توهین به شعور آدم هست. من اون شهرام شب پره رو ۱۰۰ بار به امثال این آدم ترجیح میدم. صدا نداره؛ هر چند که سبکش اصلا صدا نمیخواد. اما گروهش از پرکاشنیست تا گیتار و همه و همه واقعا ساز میزنن.
به غیر از ستار، ابی، داریوش، گوگوش اکثرا از این دستگاه ها استفاده میکنن. یه سرس کمتر یه سری بیشتر یه سری هم مثل این آقا ضایع ضایع...
جالبه هر کس هر آهنگی میخواست میگفت تمرین نداریم. به ترتیب ضبط شده بود و پلی میشد. آخر میخواستم برم یه ۲ کلام با منیجر ش و برنامه گذار صحبت کنم، دوستان نذاشتن.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
If is up to me i never attend any of these kind of concerts and most of the pop ones from Iran.
Saali 10 ta album o in hame khanandeh 2 ta kare khoub nemibini.
Albate sonatti ham hamine. Ama hadeaghal 2 saat seda ro mishe tahamol kard. Torture nist
Well I'll tell you, Homayoun Shajarian concert was among the very best concerts I've been to. It was simply fantastic!

If the group comes there, don't miss it!

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I have gone to a number of iranian concerts.

I can say that I was only satisfied with Googoosh.

and I was very pleased and impressed by Shajarian.

the rest have been utterly disappointing.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I have gone to a number of iranian concerts.

I can say that I was only satisfied with Googoosh.

and I was very pleased and impressed by Shajarian.

the rest have been utterly disappointing.
I went to Googoosh's first concert in LA when she left Iran in the late 90s and it was awesome. A few years later I went to another concert of hers and it was like night and day. About one fifth of the musicians that were playing the 1st time and lousy sound system. It looked like she learned how to milk the masses (myself included). I haven't been to another Iranian concert since. I just go to Cabaret Tehran when Moein or Omid or anybody I care for show up and pay $75 for dinner and music charge and it is much better than going to their concerts.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I went to Googoosh's first concert in LA when she left Iran in the late 90s and it was awesome. A few years later I went to another concert of hers and it was like night and day. About one fifth of the musicians that were playing the 1st time and lousy sound system. It looked like she learned how to milk the masses (myself included). I haven't been to another Iranian concert since. I just go to Cabaret Tehran when Moein or Omid or anybody I care for show up and pay $75 for dinner and music charge and it is much better than going to their concerts.
are there topless dancers included in the package ?

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
یه جور ایی توهین به شعور آدم هست. من اون شهرام شب پره رو ۱۰۰ بار به امثال این آدم ترجیح میدم. صدا نداره؛ هر چند که سبکش اصلا صدا نمیخواد. اما گروهش از پرکاشنیست تا گیتار و همه و همه واقعا ساز میزنن.
به غیر از ستار، ابی، داریوش، گوگوش اکثرا از این دستگاه ها استفاده میکنن. یه سرس کمتر یه سری بیشتر یه سری هم مثل این آقا ضایع ضایع...
جالبه هر کس هر آهنگی میخواست میگفت تمرین نداریم. به ترتیب ضبط شده بود و پلی میشد. آخر میخواستم برم یه ۲ کلام با منیجر ش و برنامه گذار صحبت کنم، دوستان نذاشتن.

I have seen few videos of Paul Mccartney in rehearsals and sound checks before his concerts singing his heart out doing numbers like hey jude that he has done more than 50 years ago still singing them like it is his first time ,he certainly don't need the money or attention or publicity as he has lots of them but does it out his passion for his music and his fans .

It is so degrading for guys like Shadmehr and I heard Ciavash Ghomeyshi does it too to trick people with their computer aided music ,totally unacceptable.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I get what you are saying about people just following any pop crap and it being a disaster but is this the same guy? Shadmer Aghili, I don't know this song has over a million views and I listened to it. I thought he could have done without the autotune but his voice is not THAT terrible, I heard American pop singers that are way worse than this guy. Was this song from a while a go? BTW is it just me or is most Persian pop music crap these days? Seems like 90% of the songs are doktar e Bandari, khale khosgel hasti crap. This song is not bad though maybe it was one of his older songs. It has over 3,000,000 views and I like the classical guitar in the background. Is this the same guy?
[video=youtube;hBY3t1FheoE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBY3t1FheoE[/video]

BTW if he was faking the songs then that means he was lip singing and that is crappy. You are not only paying $100 but the jagoff is not even singing his songs and dumasses did not notice it?

@CM Jan, topless dancers, that is just what I call good entertainment and music, that would have improved his show. Sorry you got roaped into going to some lame concert but what can you do?

@BT jan I cannot believe dumasses would pay over $100 to hear people with no talent sing. It baffles me how people can spend their hard earned money like that, when I can stretch $100 and that can be my weekly budget(food and gas).

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Shadmehr is a very talented musician and I like his vocals he plays guitar and violin at expert level and perhaps plays other instruments as well but something has gone wrong with him and he is not performing the way he could and should ,this is sad.

Nov 24, 2002
This is not the same night. You don't need to understand the basic of music to figure out what a mess this guy is, and he is not the only one.

Some people, including me, commented on his Instagram page but he removed all of the comments.

[video=youtube;gW4m05hr2vA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW4m05hr2vA[/video]

Nov 24, 2002
This is Shahram Shabpareh, sedash khalase o dar nemiad, at his age and considering his voice, he needs these equipments more than others but he doesn't sale his dignity. Everything is live...

[video=youtube;LgP49LumcbA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgP49LumcbA[/video]

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
This is not the same night. You don't need to understand the basic of music to figure out what a mess this guy is, and he is not the only one.

Some people, including me, commented on his Instagram page but he removed all of the comments.

[video=youtube;gW4m05hr2vA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW4m05hr2vA[/video]
Good points to you, Ogahbealborz, Babr and Keyvan Pars jan.
OG(also means original gangster in the USA your first two initials), I have some take on the subject of why he has lately been a mess. I am learning about this guy but I know about the culture of the music scene. F As far as his talent on the guitar and violin, I can tell you that it is there. However, his vocals are a mess right now and I can only speculate one reason behind it, DRUGS. Usually that is a sign of just enjoying the life and partying hard. There are tons of after parties and events that you can go to and get those drugs. I talked to a girl musician from Hollywood and she went to Michigan St so we started chatting it up. She told me, "I have to network so I need to stay up and It is as easy to get coke from someone, as it is to get a drink." If I were to bet my house, it is drugs because that is when people lose their vocals. It is a shame because I listened to some of his past songs and he had a nice voice before.

That is the one thing I hate about the music/pop artistic culture and it is why my parents sent me to Vienna, to learn proper classical music. BTW I noticed this drug problem is only with the pop singers/rocker types, never us classical music guys and girls. You will never see someone who can play Mozart or Rachmaninoff, stick a needle in their arm or hit the pipe. Hell even with me, the worst thing I EVER did was weed(big deal in CA that is as common as smoking a cig and it was back then).

@Babr jan that was really painful to listen, in fact I could not finish the entire video it was that bad.

@Keyvan Pars jan you just described some of my fellow American snowflakes as well bro

Last edited: