Shah Engima...Iran is making an expensive movie on Shah

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
He didnt even pay for the villa in Montreu! It belonged to his father General Zahedi who ironically didnt steal a dime from the shah. But Jimmy Carter knew about shah's $200 million campaign fund for the republican and he along the democrats were furious about the shah and wanted to get rid of him asap by dealing with khomeni behind his back. Shah knew that he was finished when he was told by an oil executive in the US that carter is about to get rid of him. Shah told zahedi that we need to pack our bags!
This is getting better and better so not only he got a clean $200,000,000, he got a villa for free. Well at least the General was honest and didn't steal a dime. That doesn't surprise me about Carter and I think the Shah also knew he was finished. Now I can see why he tried to give $200,000,000 to Nixon.

Aug 13, 2003
This is getting better and better so not only he got a clean $200,000,000, he got a villa for free. Well at least the General was honest and didn't steal a dime. That doesn't surprise me about Carter and I think the Shah also knew he was finished. Now I can see why he tried to give $200,000,000 to Nixon.
Ehh Nixon? You mean Gerald Ford. Ford lost the election to Carter when he said in a debate that Poland is not under the soviet influence.

Aug 13, 2003
I've heard this as well.Funnily enough fardoost was the one telling the shah not to arrest his brother for treason and we now know Fardoost was a KGB agent.He also got Timsar Jaam a great nationalist fired by lying and convincing the shah and the army Jaam was going to orchestrate a coupe which was a total lie.Even in his last interview Jaam said he was allways loyal to the shah.
FALSE! Jam was close to my father. Fardoust has nothing to do with his firing. Jam resigned from chief of staff position over chieftain tanks purchases from England. The engines of those tanks were underpowered and Shah decided to go keep them(Shah got huge commision). Jam asked the Shah to wait until the British upgrade those engines perhaps with GM tank engines. Shah told Jam ' NO! The decision has been made!' Jam then told Shah then I must resign. It was accepted by the shah. Later with the help of Fardoust PR for Jam, Jam became the embassador to Spain.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
FALSE! Jam was close to my father. Fardoust has nothing to do with his firing. Jam resigned from chief of staff position over chieftain tanks purchases from England. The engines of those tanks were underpowered and Shah decided to go keep them(Shah got huge commision). Jam asked the Shah to wait until the British upgrade those engines perhaps with GM tank engines. Shah told Jam ' NO! The decision has been made!' Jam then told Shah then I must resign. It was accepted by the shah. Later with the help of Fardoust PR for Jam, Jam became the embassador to Spain.
The story about the tanks is true. I heard it from Jam himself (through radio). But apparently that was not the straw that broke the back of the camel.

According to Parviz Raji who just passed away Jam described his respect for Shah not just as his commander but like his brother.

apparently the next day Alam sacked him according to Parviz Raji who asked Jam why he was sacked with no prior notice.

Aug 13, 2003
The story about the tanks is true. I heard it from Jam himself (through radio). But apparently that was not the straw that broke the back of the camel.

According to Parviz Raji who just passed away Jam described his respect for Shah not just as his commander but like his brother.

apparently the next day Alam sacked him according to Parviz Raji who asked Jam why he was sacked with no prior notice.
Ironicaly Iran never got the full delivery of all 1400 tanks. The Britt delivered only 300 or so and the rest was in back order until the revolution and the britts never paid back the rest of money. The Britts then sold some of those tanks to Sadam with the money that iran paid for. LOL!

Aug 13, 2003
Bottom line, because of Iran's massive natural wealth like oil ,gas,uranium....it will always be under attack or missmanaged by corrupt governments or puppet regimes. I wont blame any individuals or vatan foroush or..but blame ourselves for being so naive and lack BINESH SIASSI as my father used to say.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Wow I did not know that and I will share that with my family, whom most of them at least served a few years in the military as officers during Shah's time so I think they would be interested. I guess some things never change so basically the Shah was an opportunist and he saw that big fat commission so he went along with the plan and the Brits were happy. You know what, if I was in Jam's position, I would quietly resign from my post as well. There are some moral issues as a military man( doesn't matter if you are enlisted or officer, served in the US or served in Iran) that you can't cross. My grandfather who was a Colonel told me dad that and my told that story to me since both of my grandfathers died before I was born. I think the stress of the military officer life killed them. Anyways back to the story these things happen ALL the time it's not just the Shah and it's not just Iran. That is why I really am not surprised at all.

By the way God rest your father's soul he was right and we are always going to have this problem I also agree with your last statement 100%. I must say friend, for someone who was not born in Iran and born in 82(after the revolution) you taught me a lot about the history of Iran. Especially, military history under Shah's time and being a history guy and a man who likes the military(obviously you know why) these stories really interest me.

Aug 13, 2003
Wow I did not know that and I will share that with my family, whom most of them at least served a few years in the military as officers during Shah's time so I think they would be interested. I guess some things never change so basically the Shah was an opportunist and he saw that big fat commission so he went along with the plan and the Brits were happy. You know what, if I was in Jam's position, I would quietly resign from my post as well. There are some moral issues as a military man( doesn't matter if you are enlisted or officer, served in the US or served in Iran) that you can't cross. My grandfather who was a Colonel told me dad that and my told that story to me since both of my grandfathers died before I was born. I think the stress of the military officer life killed them. Anyways back to the story these things happen ALL the time it's not just the Shah and it's not just Iran. That is why I really am not surprised at all.

By the way God rest your father's soul he was right and we are always going to have this problem I also agree with your last statement 100%. I must say friend, for someone who was not born in Iran and born in 82(after the revolution) you taught me a lot about the history of Iran. Especially, military history under Shah's time and being a history guy and a man who likes the military(obviously you know why) these stories really interest me.
Well, shah had good intentions when he was new on the throne. He always said that as long as we share long boarders with this giant white bear (soviets) we have to have a good relationaships with the USA and the west. However, the man was not built like steel. He was human. He made mistakes. He got sick. When the buck stopped at his desk, a sick man will make more mistakes. Making matters worse, he surrounded himself with bunch of oppurtunists 'yes' men who had their own interest in mind. Ironicaly few people told him the truth. One was the vatanforoush fardoust who kept telling shah about the corruption in his family and gov. but shah looked the other way. The corruption was so bad in the royal court that people with less than $200miilion wealth were not considered as important. It was the corruption at the highest level.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well, shah had good intentions when he was new on the throne. He always said that as long as we share long boarders with this giant white bear (soviets) we have to have a good relationaships with the USA and the west. However, the man was not built like steel. He was human. He made mistakes. He got sick. When the buck stopped at his desk, a sick man will make more mistakes. Making matters worse, he surrounded himself with bunch of oppurtunists 'yes' men who had their own interest in mind. Ironicaly few people told him the truth. One was the vatanforoush fardoust who kept telling shah about the corruption in his family and gov. but shah looked the other way. The corruption was so bad in the royal court that people with less than $200miilion wealth were not considered as important. It was the corruption at the highest level.
Well, that is the only thing I actually agree with vatanforoosh Fardoust but as we discussed before, Fardoust was a general for hire and even Khomeini thought if he could do this to the Shah, what is he capable of doing to us? Fardoust also had his own agenda but going back to the Shah you are right. When you correct he got sick and the bucks stopped at his desk plus a sick man will make errors. Money has a tendency of doing that to people, who start out having good intentions. I guess there is not much of a difference between Shah's royal court and the US legal system. I have cousins who are attorneys and they like to talk to me because I have aspirations of becoming a corporate attorney.

Anyways, money talks and even here in the US, the system is set up for the rich. If you are from a well to do family, you can hire the best attorney or a team of attorneys and you will get a slap on the wrist. If you are poor or even middle class (which most Americans are), you will get some public defender who has other clients and you will get the book thrown at you. Personally, I grew up in a well to do family but we were were not and still are not CEO rich, where you make on average $30,000,000 a year. I think you see where I am going with this I am drawing parallels from back then in Iran to the US and the current system. By the way what was $200,000,000 in Iranian currency back then to US money today? I hear from my dad at one point the Toman was 7-1 US and last time I checked I think it was at 4,000 to one. I don't even want to know what it is now.

Aug 13, 2003
Well, that is the only thing I actually agree with vatanforoosh Fardoust but as we discussed before, Fardoust was a general for hire and even Khomeini thought if he could do this to the Shah, what is he capable of doing to us? Fardoust also had his own agenda but going back to the Shah you are right. When you correct he got sick and the bucks stopped at his desk plus a sick man will make errors. Money has a tendency of doing that to people, who start out having good intentions. I guess there is not much of a difference between Shah's royal court and the US legal system. I have cousins who are attorneys and they like to talk to me because I have aspirations of becoming a corporate attorney.

Anyways, money talks and even here in the US, the system is set up for the rich. If you are from a well to do family, you can hire the best attorney or a team of attorneys and you will get a slap on the wrist. If you are poor or even middle class (which most Americans are), you will get some public defender who has other clients and you will get the book thrown at you. Personally, I grew up in a well to do family but we were were not and still are not CEO rich, where you make on average $30,000,000 a year. I think you see where I am going with this I am drawing parallels from back then in Iran to the US and the current system. By the way what was $200,000,000 in Iranian currency back then to US money today? I hear from my dad at one point the Toman was 7-1 US and last time I checked I think it was at 4,000 to one. I don't even want to know what it is now.
Ironicaly when shah visited the USA in mid 70's, Farah was giving a speach at the Aspen Institute, an important thinktank in the US. At the same time the institute was drafting plans to overthrow the Shah. LOL!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Ironicaly when shah visited the USA in mid 70's, Farah was giving a speach at the Aspen Institute, an important thinktank in the US. At the same time the institute was drafting plans to overthrow the Shah. LOL!
How Ironic I can hear the conversation right now someone in the US administration got a hold of the shah, "Hey Shah, yes we would like you to come to the USA sounds good oh and Farar can give a speech at Aspen Institute just so that you know we are on the same page." Shah, 'Sure I"ll be right over." Shah gets on the plane, meanwhile they are planing out his demise. Only the US.