SHAHS WILL

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
RIP

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYe7HirVBjk"]YouTube - !! THE SHAH'S LAST WILL !! BY:MANI TURKZADEH[/ame]

Javeed

National Team Player
Nov 12, 2002
A true Iranian to the fullest meaning. Az maast ke bar maast.
You probably did not see what they did to Aryamehr students during the peaceful demonstration inside the university. I did. Even if that was the only bad of his regime, I could never forgive him. It was that bad. And please don't tell me he did not know or he did not approve.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Everything has to be measured within its own context, time and contributing factors. Under any regime good and bad does take place and its not one person who is responsible. What is remembered are accomplishments from before to after and ones true intentions and long term goals.

Payande Iran

Sherwin

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
USA
You probably did not see what they did to Aryamehr students during the peaceful demonstration inside the university. I did. Even if that was the only bad of his regime, I could never forgive him. It was that bad. And please don't tell me he did not know or he did not approve.
Javeed jaan I understand how you feel but honestly with the Shah or any leader there are things that go down that I'm sure stain their legacy. At the end you need to weigh the good with the bad. For the most part under the Shah's leadership the average Iranian was much better off back then than today. As for individual rights compared to this thug regime people had more rights back then as well. I'm not saying that the Shah was a perfect man because nobody really is, but compared to that murderor pedofile Khomeini, the Shah was a saint.

Even if you look at every President in the United States you find good and bad. That's just we way it goes there are stains on almost every administration/leadership whatever you want to call it.

Just my two cents.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
The legacy of the former Shah, was the IRI.
Thats the legacy of a lot of vatan foroush Iranians who were not in touch with reality and the clerical tactics and games that were played to fool the masses and lets not forget the foreign contributing factors as well. Its easy to just sit and blame one person for everything that happened. The truth of the matter is that person did everything to make Iran stand tall in the world and for her people to become modernized and obtain more comfort.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Thats the legacy of a lot of vatan foroush Iranians who were not in touch with reality and the clerical tactics and games that were played to fool the masses and lets not forget the foreign contributing factors as well. Its easy to just sit and blame one person for everything that happened. The truth of the matter is that person did everything to make Iran stand tall in the world and for her people to become modernized and obtain more comfort.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
While I accept that Shah tried to make Iran stand tall in the world, he ignored some significant events that were happening right under his nose. How is it that the youth of the time took to shouting Allaho Akbar despite the social freedoms that they enjoyed? The truth whether we like it or not, is that there were hundreds of thousands of youth who were disgruntled and unhappy and if Shah's reign was good and strong enough they wouldn't have been so easily influenced by the clerics you refer to.

The same argument holds today. If the ideals of this regime is any good, then why is it that thousands of youth have resorted to wearing what they do and women with their make ups and satelite dishes everywhere and so on and so on....

Both systems are failures and no one else is to blame but the people who run them.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
True, but the Shah was the leader of the country, he thought Iranians were too stupid to have a democracy, therefore ultimately you can't hold the people that he thought were stupid responsible for his actions or lack thereof.

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005
Thats the legacy of a lot of vatan foroush Iranians who were not in touch with reality.
Typical arrogant attitude of a SHAHOLLAHI who would bit up Iranian youth if he could if they where protesting.

SHAH was a good man but he and people who surrounded him were more vatanforoush than anybody by staging a coup which did put the true leader of a nation out of power.

Feb 22, 2005
Did Shah underestimate the power of its people to topple him, after he took over after Mossadegh's overthrow? Is the Islamic republic understimating the power of its people or did they learn from Shah's mistake by having Basjijs, secret police, and Pasdaran, and at the last resort Lebananese and Palastinain hezbolahis to brutally oppress the demonstrators, rather than counting on the military?

Will the Bazaris, who were a huge reason for Shah's destruction by closing down the shops ever do the same under the Islamic Republic?

Will the Basijis and Pasdaran refuse to shoot on people if masses finally find a leader and the courage to come out, the way Shah's soldiers did? What is the mentality of the Hezbolahis and the basijis in this respect? Keeping in mind that Shah had already given too much free hand until it had gotten too late.

For them who saw Shah oppress the student demonstration at the university, how did that compare with the way the Islamic republic did it on 18Tir.

Will the Islamic republic ever make a blunder, such as Shah did by making wrong moves as the uprisings were beginning? Or since, the opposition has no safe havens like the mosques (How stupid was Shah to let his religious beliefs stop him) the uprisings can never become organized?

How will you bring down the IR if you had to set a strategy?

To the memory of the last king of Persian and Iran. He did good, he did bad, but the Islamic republic made a hero out of him by destroying the hope of the demorcracy, killing, torturing, and prologing a war that cost hundred of thousands of life.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2004
That is catchy and really does hurt those who it is meant to hurt, but deerouz jaan lets be a little fair. While the Shah bore responsibility for causing the revolution, the majority of the responsibility is squarely on the shoulder of the Iranian people. While they were quick to point out the bad of the Shah they didn't appreciate the good that they had. As a result, they lost what they did not appreciate and did not gain what they revolted for.

Feb 22, 2005
I think one of the biggest mistake of Shah was not to apologize for what happened with Mossadegh and to throw his support behind him before his death. If he had, he would have helped forge a powerful nationalized society who could use Mossadegh as a way to unify. In every other way except Islam which Khomeini utilized brilliantly, and Persia's past which Islam destroyed, Iran is a divided society.