Shakira's opening act

Bijan

Bench Warmer
Apr 18, 2004
Guys,

Does any of you have the video of Shakira's opening act in the World Cup finale? I guess I don't have to explain why... ;)

Thanx

Feb 22, 2005
It is shocking to me they will invite Shakilla with her stupid song, that she did not even write to sing. World cup is about talents. I love hip hop and all, but they are certainly not in the calss of talent as U2, Who, Rolling Stones, Radio head, etc... Even in the world of hip hop you have some talented people, which Wyclef can be said to be one of them.

Jun 24, 2005
lordofmordor said:
It is shocking to me they will invite Shakilla with her stupid song, that she did not even write to sing. World cup is about talents. I love hip hop and all, but they are certainly not in the calss of talent as U2, Who, Rolling Stones, Radio head, etc... Even in the world of hip hop you have some talented people, which Wyclef can be said to be one of them.
Wow! Are you kidding? I tought she was fantastic!!! She has an amazing voice...She is great dancer....and I loved her African style dance and song since the World Cup 2010 will be in S. Africa....

I loved it!;)

PB...

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Agree with persian beauty!

Shakira is all about talent. Specially her voice!
Her dance and the other things are just the spice!

Sep 25, 2004
Toronto
I don't know, I've never found her that attractive. Something about her monkey dance, manly voice and Coloccini-look-alike hair.

The song is energetic and that's why they play it (it's the WC final not a funeral), when is the last time an energetic song had good lyrics.

hsv

Ball Boy
Oct 29, 2005
paris, france
yes, she was great, and when she sang, i said to myself: i'm sure that in iran, they will have a revolutionary song, or an islamic song instead of this. lol

Reporter

Bench Warmer
Apr 5, 2004
lordofmordor said:
Dude, its Shakira and not Shakilla!

Anyway can you imagine Radio Head performing one of their depressive suicidal tunes in an event like the WC final? The organisers might as well provide enough rope for the audience to hang themselves.

The Who or Rolling stone..... perhaps in the 1966 WC but not now.... oh god please no!

U2 could have been a good choice. For example if they played "Beautiful day" but the world is sick of seeing U2. How many times must we see the same thing?

Shakira was the perfect choice because it has universal appeal and cultural diversity (Latin, rap, arabic, rock). And she looks sooooooo cute!