Shojaie should not be a starter

sarbaz

Bench Warmer
Nov 6, 2002
I have said this several times in the past few days,in this forum and others that Shojaie is not in form and should ot be a starter but maybe a sub for the 70 th min.

As a matter of fact i will go one step further to guarantee you all that he will not be a starter staurday vs. N.Korea Khalatbari will.

ghilich

Bench Warmer
Oct 12, 2004
usa
I agree with you on Shojaei. No doubt Khalatbari is a more dangerous player with more speed, better dribbling and also more of a fighter. Shojaei lives off his reputation and the fact that he plays in Spain. But I think Khalatbari is even more dangerous coming in for the 2nd half when the opponent is getting tired and he can then blow by them. I hate to see him injured since he is so tiny, so I don't mind him coming in as a 2nd half sub ta "zahresho bereeze":). Shojaei is better as a right winger (he is right footed) vs the leftie Khalatbari so there is that aspect that has to be looked at in fairness. IF the opponent was really weak, could put BOTH of them in and put Ansarifard in middle and play a true 4-3-3, but not something to try against the stronger teams (unless we are down and desperate to score).

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
the leftie Khalatbari so there is that aspect that has to be looked at in fairness. IF the opponent was really weak, could put BOTH of them in and put Ansarifard in middle and play a true 4-3-3, but not something to try against the stronger teams (unless we are down and desperate to score).
A you sure Khalatbari is a lefty?

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
^ Shojaei has been a constant starter for the better part of the last 3 months for Osasuna ... he does pretty well there ... just in Team, he's not doing great.

Dec 12, 2002
usa
we have a strong bench ,and good thing is that ghotbi showed some intelligence by using a different line up for a different game .
shojaee is an emotional guy who sometimes can do good for us . he seems a nice guy with shyness attitude . that affect his game , he has a bad day and good day ,unfortunately we have that in our most team meli players. only 3,4 of them are confident with their games .
here is they are , rahmati , seyed jalal , neku nam , ando , pejman and the most confident khalatbari .
rezaee had very good game , hajsafee a real good game in second , all defensive lined played good ,still our ace player in that line is khosro heydari didn't play .
when iran was 1-0 behind ,in minutes 30 ghotbi let 4 people for warming up , heydar , pejman nouri, khaltbati and anasri-fard .
btw we have hadadi-fard, arash afshin and many others .
let's not judge the players with one bad game .they read some news on line .
let's support tm all the way .

Last edited:

ghilich

Bench Warmer
Oct 12, 2004
usa
OK. But that does not make him a lefty.
Check out his dribbling along the LEFT endline near the end of the game (where he drew the foul) and give me ONE "left-footed" player in Iran who can do that, besides the other great two-footed player we have, Karimi. And I will call him RIGHT FOOTED to keep you happy "finally" :) :4kerim: