Should Branco stay or should he go?!

What is your opinion of Branco?!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dariush-44

Bench Warmer
Oct 15, 2004
Guys just because he had one bad performance against Bahrain as a coach doesn't mean

he has to go! Look at the accomplishments and results that Iran has had since he came,

don't just put your eye on one thing, look at it generally!

soroushk

Bench Warmer
Oct 5, 2004
New York
I think the problem is that we overrate ourselves. Then when reality catches up we are shell-shocked. We cannnot believe that happened to a team as talented as TM!!

The truth is that we are not that good. Bahrain is not that bad. Bahrain is now easily the top Arab side. When we went to Riyadh and got a draw, everyone was happy.

Our qualification will be decided by our results against N Korea. If we beat them home and away we are through.

Let's cut this rubbish and move on. Our next game in 6 weeks away.

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
I don't think it's a matter of overratting our team, not at least this time. I know for me, it's a matter of "consistency" and a level of realistic "expectations" in performance based on the talent, experience & drive.
TM didn't meet the minimum expectations as far as the performance is concerned, although the result is acceptable.

Payam

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
Earth
www.iransportspress.com
I would rather blame the players for the poor performance against Bahrain then Branko. He had little to work with. He didnt get his players until after their club games and had little time for the new players to get into sync with each other. It is very hard to play with new players without any practice. Believe me, i know.

I think Branko is a pretty decent coach, and better then TMs past coaches. He has some issues that he hasnt really taken care of, but he is the coach and he does what he does.

Pey_man

Bench Warmer
Dec 21, 2004
One thing I don't understand and I didn't see people talk about is why branco didn't use borhani or kazemian. They played amazing against bosnia, especially Kazemian. Why play hashemian, zandi or even kia ("DAEI jaye khod darad!)? why not mobali from at least the beginning of second half? Branco tested these players against Bosnia and they were fast and coordinated. What did we get from the Bosnia match? absolutely nothing! I mean "sohbate do do ta chartast". I hate to see our team melli become like our goverment where people cannot be removed from their position, and even when they are moved, they are moved around to a different position, that is, everyone just rotates a bit.

If I where branko, I would sub in Mobali (or borhani or even kazemian) for Daei, and ask him to play left wing, and let hashemian play striker.

we have amazing young players, when are we gonna respect them and give them a chance to shine as they always do when trusted?

Maradona wouldn't be maradona if he wasn't respected and trusted when he was 16.

Then again, I understand TM was under a lot of pressure, and it's easy to "neshast paye god va goft lengesh kon".

Please tell me if I'm wrong, TM is about offense, we've succeeded eveytime we took a risk and attacked the whole time. this is who we are, we can't be asked to play a defensive game like italy. were not italian to defend with 10 players the whole 90 minutes. We're iranian, we're an attack minded team. why can't we get this right for once?
On the other hand with bahrain the situation is pretty tough, we can't afford to be scored on first because then you know what they'll do. It's not like south korea where the game is about who scores more (you know what I mean) and forget about defense.

....just my opinion.

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
I say If IFF has the money a coach like him is good for AFC champeonship but I doubt he is good for world cup. Clealy if he proves otherwise he deserves his post. Compare to Jalal Talebi, MK and so on he is king. But
in the game against Bahrain I think with a good idea he could use first
half to analyse Bahrain and secound to tune. There was a good idea
he needed to change the game. Like Viera in Iran Australia game.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
It truly blows my mind that his guy has over 75% support in this forum. It'll be funny to see if he has the same level of support after the Japan game, if we lost. I have this sick feeling though that even if we didn't qualify to the world cup, people would still support this dude and blame something else (ball, field, temperature, weather conditions, relative humidity, pollution index, magnetic storms on the sun, distant galaxy super-nova's, etc.).