Should Branko Leave Team Melli ?

UCLA

Ball Boy
May 30, 2005
Viera helped Iran to qualify for WC 1998 but we kicked him out!
Branko helped Iran to qualify for WC 2006! So what should we do with him? We have not been able to direct TM to WC with Iranina coaches after revolution!
So why there are talks about new coaches? Are we accusing him because he qualified wayyyyyyyyy behind what we IRANIAN are used to? Do we want to kick him out because we don't have to wait for the last minute events?
I do agree that he has changed Iranian style of soccer but he beated Japan that scored 2-2 with Brazil, the king of the soccer.

Why don't we learn to appreciate non-Iranian efforts for soccer?

what do you think?

Behrang(ISP)

King of Posts
Oct 16, 2002
www.iransportspress.com
Ivic was the brain behind Iran in 1998. Viera brought some hype to the team. I'll never forget watching him drop is cigarett and then pick it back up and continue smoking durring the Iran - Australia game.

To answer your question, I don't think Branko should leave. I don't think he has done anything to warent that. We might not play a style that everyone likes but the guy gets results. It's like saying Italy is not playing well because they are defensive and they are not scoring many goals... they should change coaches... as long as our team gets the results then why should Branko leave. Iran is not England or Argentina. We want our team to win every game but it's not realistic. I think Branko has done a great job with our national team.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
Behrang(ISP) said:
Ivic was the brain behind Iran in 1998. Viera brought some hype to the team. I'll never forget watching him drop is cigarett and then pick it back up and continue smoking durring the Iran - Australia game.

To answer your question, I don't think Branko should leave. I don't think he has done anything to warent that. We might not play a style that everyone likes but the guy gets results. It's like saying Italy is not playing well because they are defensive and they are not scoring many goals... they should change coaches... as long as our team gets the results then why should Branko leave. Iran is not England or Argentina. We want our team to win every game but it's not realistic. I think Branko has done a great job with our national team.
Behrang Jan, do u think this style of play of our national team can get us result against teams which are better than Asia level ?
I mean, Can u see our team advancing with this style to next round of world cup( 16 team) ?

Thanks .

ab the dude

Bench Warmer
Oct 17, 2002
I think Branko will stay but they should ask Ivic to stop in Tehran for couple of months to work on our defence. If you all recall our defence was kind of porous b4 98, but during the WC98 our defence was the best unit.

I really think we will see a different yet better team in WC. Branko is going to show his other side, ATTACKING style.

Take my word.

UCLA

Ball Boy
May 30, 2005
What I think is in order to win a game, we should score. If we can't score more than 1 goal against Bahrain in Tehran, we won't be able to score against top European and S.American teams.

If we are planning to be within 16 teams we need atleast "1 win" and 2 draws or 2 wins and 1 lose or draw, but we have to win and inorder to win we should score and score more than 1 goal.
I do know that Branko get desired results but I believe he has to wake up and realize that World Cup is not to play against stupid teams such as N.Korea or Bahrain ...

Alis

Football Fan
Jul 6, 2005
I believe he is not the best possible coach but is working pretty well, remember Iran-Germany? He can arrange a good team when needed! :)

May 23, 2005
Golden State
NO WAY. I think we should stop this nonsense right now. What's been rumored in Iranian media and whatever the spokesman of IFF has said is just bunch of garbage.

Branko is a young and intelligent coach that has done so much for us already and, needs our support in preparing the national team for the world cup, if we already putting a destructive seed in his mind that his job is in jeapardy, we're shooting ourselves in a foot.

Lets just all belive in our coach and help him find out the best formula for Iran to have a great showing in the world cup. To all those people that think some other big name coach can do a better job than Branko, just zzzzzzzip it for god sake.

Behrang(ISP)

King of Posts
Oct 16, 2002
www.iransportspress.com
I think Branko is smart enough to know how we should play against the teams we face. I'm sure we will play a considerable amount of friendlies and at the same time he will make the changes needed on the team to allow us to compete with the better teams out there.

Kayvon

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2004
Washington, DC
I think he should leave...you are giving him too much credit....with the players that we had any coach could have qualified us for the WC...he is too gutless and conservative...he cant even sit daei down...we can really benefit from another coach

peyz

Bench Warmer
Oct 11, 2004
UCLA said:
What I think is in order to win a game, we should score. If we can't score more than 1 goal against Bahrain in Tehran, we won't be able to score against top European and S.American teams.

If we are planning to be within 16 teams we need atleast "1 win" and 2 draws or 2 wins and 1 lose or draw, but we have to win and inorder to win we should score and score more than 1 goal.
I do know that Branko get desired results but I believe he has to wake up and realize that World Cup is not to play against stupid teams such as N.Korea or Bahrain ...

perfect post.
cant think of what else can be added

peyz

Bench Warmer
Oct 11, 2004
headcounciluta said:
LOL at all the namak nashnash Iranians.

Branko is the reason why we're in the world cup this year.

I agree he is ONE of the reasons... but not THE reason.
outstanding players is a another huge factor.
easy allotments for qualification IS THE BIGGEST factor, though.

remember if we had the same allotments ( 2 out of 4 teams + a play off )last time, at 2002, we would have qualified along with the saudis.

same thing with 1998. we would have qualified directly.

so lets all STOP talking about qualification for the WC, to validate and reason for anything we want !

Blazevic

Bench Warmer
Aug 1, 2004
Hell NO! He's been the only coach to create an environment in the team where all the players (even the subs) are ready to die for each other and fight for the team. Plus, I do not recall any other coach who has been able to work so perfectly in the corrupt system of our country.

PJ

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
peyz said:
remember if we had the same allotments ( 2 out of 4 teams + a play off )last time, at 2002, we would have qualified along with the saudis.
Not completely true. In 2002 Asia had 4.5 spots. Same as this time.

Oct 22, 2003
i don't know why many say wcq 2006 was easier than wcq 2002. We suffered in the first round and almost got eliminated. If it weren't for Branko we wouldn't be going to Germany.

peyz

Bench Warmer
Oct 11, 2004
PJ said:
Not completely true. In 2002 Asia had 4.5 spots. Same as this time.
ARE YOU SURE?
:)

saudi and china qualified.
we lost the play offs.

which are the other two QUALIFIERS ( not to be mistaken with the HOSTS )?

2 out of 4 = 50% chance.
1 out of 5 = 20% chance.
elementary my dear Watson

PJ

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
peyz said:
ARE YOU SURE?
:)

saudi and china qualified.
we lost the play offs.

which are the other two QUALIFIERS ( not to be mistaken with the HOSTS )?

Well that is the problem. Take Japan and South Korea out of the qualifiers and you have a much easier bunch.
It is like having to be the top two without Japan and Korea in the mix or being among the top four with them.

Let's face it last time around we didn't have problem with the Saudi's. The problem was Bahrain. Not so much because they were a powerful team, mostly because their game ended up being the last game.
We have traditionally had problem in cruch time (98 agains Qatar).
This year however, we performed very well in crunch time (Qatar and Jordan).

ibrahim

Bench Warmer
Oct 20, 2002
Sydney
shahinc said:
Behrang Jan, do u think this style of play of our national team can get us result against teams which are better than Asia level ?
I mean, Can u see our team advancing with this style to next round of world cup( 16 team) ?

Thanks .

What STYLE as you say do you suggest?

I think we'd be going backwards if we change coaches now after 5 yrs.

payan

Captain
Dec 12, 2002
usa
I rather not to go to wc if we are going to be humilated like saudis .
the point is brancko got us almost eliminated ,we were only lucky .
the guy is a physical euducator ,that is all ,as a coach he has not shown anything /
we lost to jordan ,we only had 10 minutes to be out ,as usual azizi and hashemian and nazro neyaz saved us .
in last 4 games we couldn't score ,only to be lucky that our defenders scored for us .
be deen be peyghambar we have nothing aginst the guy but we love our team ,right now we have 6,7 professional players in our team with a decent south american or french we can surprize the world .
imagine with brancko kinda game we have to face holand ,czhes ,argentine ,france or even sharp african teams .