Should CQ invite Aghili and Rahamti for WC?

Should CQ invite Aghili and Rahmati

• both NO

Votes: 37 77.1%
  • both YES

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • only Aghili

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • only Rahmati

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters
Nov 24, 2002
I think both did mistake and paid for their mistakes .. but lets not forget both contributed in TM success in past( specially Rahmati) so we should use all of resources and ofcousre make sure doesn't effect TM chemistry ! I know Ahmadi did fantastic job vs korea but I still rate Rahmati iran best keeper and by far !

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
I did not vote as I think it has to do with how they act and if they are willing to come and apologize and if they have really learned from their mistakes. So if they do those things and the coach finds it OK for them to return then I would support him. If not then with what they did then they have no place in TM.

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
I am leaning towards No.

They created some problems for Team & were childish. Plus, Rahman Ahmadi deserves to be in net and Rahmati will not play second fiddle - if he does, he will create hashiye. Naz kardesh & in true Irooni fashion expects to be forgiven & missing the world cup is his punishment.

I admit, to say yes to Aghili is tempting because he is tall, and can score from headers. But I think with Khanzadeh, Khalilzadeh and Sadeghi as backups, we are more than OK in the defense department. Plus, his long kicks up the field was annoying.

reza_na

Bench Warmer
Dec 29, 2003
Vancouver
I am leaning towards No.

They created some problems for Team & were childish. Plus, Rahman Ahmadi deserves to be in net and Rahmati will not play second fiddle - if he does, he will create hashiye. Naz kardesh & in true Irooni fashion expects to be forgiven & missing the world cup is his punishment.

I admit, to say yes to Aghili is tempting because he is tall, and can score from headers. But I think with Khanzadeh, Khalilzadeh and Sadeghi as backups, we are more than OK in the defense department. Plus, his long kicks up the field was annoying.
I totally agree with what you said about Rahmati. But as for Aghili you are right about his aerial advantage and he never created hashiye and talked about CQ. So I say if he apologizes bring him back only on the bench.

Aug 21, 2005
next door
CQ, in his tv interview yesterday basically said that he will not invite them as he gave both 2 chances and they blow it!! he said he will stick with this team and only add players that he thinks will make the team better!! he also said tm above a "player"

Oct 18, 2002
Los LAshkhores, Casifornia
I am leaning towards No.

My sentiments exactly! We thank them for their service to TM, and move on.

Feb 19, 2004
I don't want anyone who puts his own benefits ahead of TM back in the team. No matter how much they have contributed in the past. We thank them for their past contribution and move forward.

Ali

Nov 24, 2002
We didn't really have a goalkeeping problem, but even if we did, with Rahmati in goal, those problems persist, so he's not needed :)
I can name you 10 games he saved our ass! look like you didn't watch TM in last couple years!
he was our man of the match in most of TM games as we had hardtime to score and he should make key saves !
the 3 points vs uzbak away was thanks to him. you can't replace a guy with over 80 caps an over night!
sure he has his weakness but to be honest he is the best we got since abedzadeh ! and by far the best !

I have nothing against rahman ahmadi , but there should be reason why in age of 32 he is in his first caps for TM!
Not feeling confidence with him in WC !

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I can name you 10 games he saved our ass! look like you didn't watch TM in last couple years!
he was our man of the match in most of TM games as we had hardtime to score and he should make key saves !
the 3 points vs uzbak away was thanks to him. you can't replace a guy with over 80 caps an over night!
sure he has his weakness but to be honest he is the best we got since abedzadeh ! and by far the best !

I have nothing against rahman ahmadi , but there should be reason why in age of 32 he is in his first caps for TM!
Rahmati is a dishonest bache soosool. He saved us because it was his job. He decided he didn't want the job anymore. His replacement has done well so far and seems more honest, likeable and sometimes even more confident than Rahmati.

I don't like chaploos people. Rahmati has done his fair share of Chaploosi over the years both at club level and national level. It was gonna catch up to him at some point.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field

We also lost 2 games and 6 points because of him , but that's not the issue here , the issue is his attitude and temperament . team melli is better without him .

regarding what you said about Ahmadi and his age and why he won his first cap at 32 it is the same logic as Mirzapour played 75 times for Iran ! does it make sense ?!

Oct 1, 2004
so Rahman Ahmadi over one night and one decent game solved our goal keeping problem :?
ok hope this is the case .... :)
Mahbod jan, it has gone past talent and need. It has turned strictly into a disciplinary issue. Surely you don't think Rahmati was right in his approach after leaving TM's camp?

reza_na

Bench Warmer
Dec 29, 2003
Vancouver

I don't think Rahman will be our WC goalie, I believe Davari will be, why else would they go through all that to invite him.

Bijans

Legionnaire
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
I would say no. We need to learn to become professional. We have always had "Party bazi" in our football culture and we don't really get anywhere with that. I don't like the fact that Rahmati is out of TM as I think he is a great keeper but I think with him being on the team you will create more issues similar to what we had in WC2006, Karimi and Daei case.

This would also show other players that CQ is not taking shit from anybody and if you don't perform or don't respect him or TM you will be left out no matter how popular and great you may be. I think this is a good beginning to become professional.. so I am saying NO!

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
Definetely a BIG no! Reason is this:

IRIB-1 Varzesh va mardom show live:

Carlos Queiroz in response to Rahmati & Aghili question:

" The most important thing for me in International football is players' disciplined dedication and loyalty to national team without any conditions or self interest. i feel responsible for 25 players that put their effort for Iran & Iranian national team with unconditional discipline and bravery. i have respect for those 2 as players but they were given a chance and missed the chance to redeem themselves. let them become an example for the new generation of Iranian players who should grow up with selfless dedication to Iran national team."

Feb 12, 2007
SANTA MONICA,CA
We need rahmati be khoda, oon 2 ta save a Ahmadi was good but forward haya Korea redan, har jayee zadeh bodam rafteh bood too goal, Ahmadi mootmaan nest toye darvazeh har hamleh hameye maa yek sekteh mezanem ke khoda koneh en goal nasheh. GO IRAN

Last edited: