Should men be able to freely dye their hair, just like women?

Jan 26, 2005
I tried to get an answer from Maryam regarding below, but that thread is too old and too long. It is very easy to miss my question. Since, it appears I am not going to get any response to my question in that thread; I am asking it in a new thread.

Maryam said:
lol u all luk very nice ;-) man iranians are such beautiful creatures ....

p.s tajrish i fink u look very handsome..ur just being modest..im likin the strands of white hair u luk like an iranian version of george cloooney.. nice to see your not like typical iranian men and them dyeing their hair
This was my response to her:

abe hoezi said:
A question for Maryam. It seems to me that a lot of us in here are for equal right and equal treatments. Then, why is it ok for women to dye her hair, but not for a man?
What do you think? It seems everybody in here is for equal rights and equal treatments. Then, why is it not ok for a man to dye his hair, when it is ok for women to do that as many times as she wants? Is looking young and good only reserved for women?

Jan 26, 2005
I think I have already answered my own question. But in case it is not clear, I say looking young and good is the right of very human being, man or women (even our cat tries to make herself look good every day). It is very depressing to go to Iran and see so many men looking so unattractive. It is not because they are ugly, it is because they do not take care of themselves and don’t make themselves look better (because of Islam). Also, it seems to me that we are a lot less sensitive to a man having a noise operation than when he dye his hair

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
But men DO freely dye their hair just like women!!! It's very very common these days! I think that's what Maryam is saying too!!??!!

Pey_man

Bench Warmer
Dec 21, 2004
well then since men and women have equal rights they should be indistinguishable in their looks :D. come on .... taking care of your looks doesn't mean you have to make your self look like a woman. nevertheless, I have no objection to men dying their hair.

Jan 26, 2005
Sly said:
But men DO freely dye their hair just like women!!! It's very very common these days! I think that's what Maryam is saying too!!??!!
Unless I misunderstood her, it sounded to me she is not approving of men dying their hair. However, I hear women all time complement each other after one of them dye her hair a new color. That is not the case for a man. Even though it is very common for men to dye their hair nowadays, most of them do not get any complement, instead they received mostly a bunch of MASKHAREHs

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
abe hoezi said:
Unless I misunderstood her, it sounded to me she is not approving of men dying their hair. However, I hear women all time complement each other after one of them dye her hair a new color. That is not the case for a man. Even though it is very common for men to dye their hair nowadays, most of them do not get any complement, instead they received mostly a bunch of MASKHAREHs
Well yeah... that's how I understood her too! But that is a matter of taste really! She doesn't like a guy with dyed hair but I know many girls who even give advice to the guys what color they should use to dye they hair! (specially swedish girls)!

I don't think this is a woman-man thing! I think it's a matter of what taste you have!

Romira

IPL Player
Dec 13, 2002
middle of no where
i think, men with their own natural hair colour(s) are respected more and look
attactive/sexy. ;) :)

what i see so common among iranian men, is farily bald guys w/ coloured hair.
it looks so unpleasant and nasty.

there are many trends/tricks ;) that women do or fallow that men shouldn't. :)

JazzedUp

Bench Warmer
Dec 1, 2002
London
I don't think it's a matter of equality more of taste and preference. A lot of guys colour their hair. I wouldn't do it myself I reckon it'll look quite nasty but hey if it suits or "think" it suites then go for it. Whatever floats your boat mate! :)

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Farsi Zaban said:
why not?Men are even allowed to buy tampons.
LOOooOOL!!!Ur a bomb,FZ!!!:D that was soooo funny!!!

100% agree with Romira!
U can do whatever u like to your hair,its your choice. but its just that majority of guys(specially when they grow grey hair on) look much much better and more mature looking than having coloured hair.

specially that when they do dye their hair, they usually dont have the right taste for it so like they make it "Light Brown" while their eyebrows/mustache are pure black!!!lol

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
a lot of men dye their hair, why would one think that they don't have equal rights to do so!!!

the only difference is that ladies tend to dye "all hair" whereas men only attend to the hair on to of their head. :)

Maryam

Bench Warmer
Nov 8, 2002
England
no i dont think theres anything wrong with it.,...but its just my own preference,,, what i dont personally like is when a man is quite old he got grey moustache and eyebrows but then hes got unatural dodgy dyed hair....i think its more sexier if its all naturall.....

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Sly said:
:eek: So you mean being bald is fake??? ;)
no its not fake.its just not natural!! they have either problems in their genes, or have disease or something(we had a funny name for it in Farsi!).lol
so they dont count!!;)

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
lol..so you mean like 40% of the men in the world are not natural??
How about getting gray hair? Isn't that genetic too? ;)