So arab teams grassroll?

Shahin2000

Bench Warmer
Oct 19, 2002
First off congrats to Iran.. But what an embarrassing display of grassrolling by Iran, specially Haghighi. I don't want to hear another person complaining about wasting time. Because we are the master of time wasting.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
First off congrats to Iran.. But what an embarrassing display of grassrolling by Iran, specially Haghighi. I don't want to hear another person complaining about wasting time. Because we are the master of time wasting.
There was a bit of time wasting in the added time, but don't compare us to bahrain and Qatar , if they were 1-0 up against us they would have interrupted the game and grass rolled every 2 mins through out the match ... so there's no comparision there!! You are being very Harsh!!

This video is Just an example for you :
[video=youtube;IfKvz0ITj38]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfKvz0ITj38[/video]

Shahin2000

Bench Warmer
Oct 19, 2002
There was a bit of time wasting in the added time, but don't compare us to bahrain and Qatar , if they were 1-0 up against us they would have interrupted the game and grass rolled every 2 mins through out the match ... so there's no comparision there!! You are being very Harsh!!

This video is Just an example for you :
[video=youtube;IfKvz0ITj38]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfKvz0ITj38[/video]
Hooshmand jaan I am well aware of their tactics. What I am saying is we need to be bigger than that and stop copying their pathetic moves. I don't know if you watched the game from Eurosport or not, but the commentators were really pissed by Iran's tactics and were making fun of us.

Feb 4, 2005
That was strike 2 for Haghighi after his unnecessary run to Bahraini player in first game. I don't understand why he does that.

Nov 24, 2002
I don't like Haghighi' s attitude either !One day he will cost us a crucial match. For some one who playing in europe this is weird really!

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Hooshmand jaan I am well aware of their tactics. What I am saying is we need to be bigger than that and stop copying their pathetic moves. I don't know if you watched the game from Eurosport or not, but the commentators were really pissed by Iran's tactics and were making fun of us.
Yeah I know I wish there was no Grass rolling at all .. but even Mourinho's teams do it i dont know if you remember the Europa Cup Final match betweeen Porto v Celtic match.. but Persian gulf arab teams are the worst grass rollers ever!

Jan 2, 2015
Milanello
This is really funny (or por roo? lol). Accusing arabs of time wasting and grassrolling, then we come up and grassroll ourselves, waste time and still have the face to come and argue here. One of the things we iranians really need to learn is, that there are times, we better keep quite and just dont say anything instead of making it even worse :)

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I don't think we were any worst than any team in the world trying to hold onto their lead towards the end of the game.
Comparing us to the notorious time wasters southern Persian Gulfers is ridiculous.

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
I don't like Haghighi' s attitude either !One day he will cost us a crucial match. For some one who playing in europe this is weird really!
well if you really think about it maybe not.
we all know that whenever or wherever there is an iranian event European and North American rules don't apply. this also extends to IR football.
everything is kos o sher and upside down.

May 9, 2004
This is really funny (or por roo? lol). Accusing arabs of time wasting and grassrolling, then we come up and grassroll ourselves, waste time and still have the face to come and argue here. One of the things we iranians really need to learn is, that there are times, we better keep quite and just dont say anything instead of making it even worse :)
انا اسف یا اخی العزیز فکرتک من المشجعین البحرین او قطر
لان مداخلاتک کلها کانت تبوح بهالشی

ترجمه
من درر طول این مدت فکر میکردم ایرانی نیستی
پوزش می طلبم
چون چند پستی را که از شما دیدم فکر کردم یکی از هواداران تیم بحرین یا قطر هستی و امدی اینجا

Dec 30, 2014
I do not think what we saw from Iran was any worse than other teams in major tournament. It certainly does not rise to the level of the Persian Gulf teams. I did not see our goalie opening his shoe laces, so he can waste time tying them back again. I also did not see our players dropping like flies, simultaneously, without any contact!!:drunk:

But as they say with beauty, I think time-wasting is in the eye of the beholder. I am sure Qataris, (and all those who wanted Qatar to win:) ), look at this game and see what they want to see.

Jan 2, 2015
Milanello
Identification with aggressor and violator is happening on a smaller scale even on this site. This must be a real interesting case for sociologists to go and research. Here people even "like" the most superficial and unrelated stuff of someone who according to himself is on pay roll of islamic republic. Really funny stuff indeed. The level is really high, keep it up :)

Get yourself an IR flag too but dont forget the faravahar necklace ;)

Jan 2, 2015
Milanello
I do not think what we saw from Iran was any worse than other teams in major tournament. It certainly does not rise to the level of the Persian Gulf teams. I did not see our goalie opening his shoe laces, so he can waste time tying them back again. I also did not see our players dropping like flies, simultaneously, without any contact!!:drunk:
Yes, we are better than them. They grassroll 3 times a game and we do it 2 times a game. Its like saying IR is better than ISIS just because ISIS beheads people and openly admits, while IR gang bang people to death in prison, hang them, shoot them and stab them. Yes we are truely better than them in every aspect :)

I think people should just learn to at least know the right time to come and talk about grassrolling. Today after we DID grassroll, after we DID waste time while the qataris didnt, is simply not the right time to talk about grassrolling and stuff you know :)

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I think Grass Rolling is meant when a team does it during the whole game, we did it just the last 5-10 minutes to keep the result the same.
Of course, if we have scored couple of goals in our counter-attacks no need for that either :)

Jan 2, 2015
Milanello
Baba which team does grass roll over the whole 90 minutes? Those arabs do it when they are ahead and intend to waste time. We do it because of the same reasons. Mourinhos team had the same reasons for wasting time and etc...No difference at all. The thing is we are really por roo :) When we do it we portrait it as a somewhat logical and pragmatic behavior which is done by other good teams in the world too, when arabs do it against us then they are born grassrollers.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Baba which team does grass roll over the whole 90 minutes? Those arabs do it when they are ahead and intend to waste time. We do it because of the same reasons. Mourinhos team had the same reasons for wasting time and etc...No difference at all. The thing is we are really por roo :) When we do it we portrait it as a somewhat logical and pragmatic behavior which is done by other good teams in the world too, when arabs do it against us then they are born grassrollers.
All the teams do waste time when they are ahead by one goal and only 10 minutes left: every single team in the world.

Grass rolling was different believe me. Some Arab teams start to fall down every occasion they got in minute 50 and cramp with no reason and ask for referee and kill the game. Of course that is a strategy but it sucks. Of course, you can't do it against Germany, cause you will lose 9-0 :D -- this strategy works against teams like Iran that are better but not super power in the game :D

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
How can you say that when we had 5 or 6 attempts on their goal and they had no shots on our goal? IT IS QUITE normal for any team in the world to try and hold on to their lead in the last few minutes of the game.
But I can see where you are coming from.

Jan 2, 2015
Milanello
All the teams do waste time when they are ahead by one goal and only 10 minutes left: every single team in the world.

Grass rolling was different believe me. Some Arab teams start to fall down every occasion they got in minute 50 and cramp with no reason and ask for referee and kill the game. Of course that is a strategy but it sucks. Of course, you can't do it against Germany, cause you will lose 9-0 :D -- this strategy works against teams like Iran that are better but not super power in the game :D
Fact: WE did grass roll and WE did waste time against Qatar :)
And believe me we will do it against Bahrain, Lebanon, ...pretty much anyone else too comes the right time. If Qataris where ahead, they would have done the same against us. We are not better than them, they are not better than us, they learn from us, we learn from them...middle east mentality at its best :)

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Fact: WE did grass roll and WE did waste time against Qatar :)
And believe me we will do it against Bahrain, Lebanon, ...pretty much anyone else too comes the right time. If Qataris where ahead, they would have done the same against us. We are not better than them, they are not better than us, they learn from us, we learn from them...middle east mentality at its best :)
Hala kheili serious nabash Tehol Agha
Inro bebin yekam bekhand

[video=youtube;9ukFUEI5qz8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ukFUEI5qz8[/video]