Sochi Winter Olympics

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Events have already started, with the opening ceremonies less than 24 hours away... Iran has a 5 athletes participating in the games, 3 men + 2 women, all in Alpine and Cross Country Skiing as usual. This is Iran's biggest winter Olympics' delegation ever!

http://www.sochi2014.com/en/team-iran-athletes

Not sure what day and time they're competing, but best of luck to them. I know it's wishful thinking, but it would be great to get our first ever medal in the winter Olympics - we're definitely not a country lacking good slopes or good snow for that matter - specially this year!

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Winter Olympics has increasingly become a rich man's sport.
It seems on certain areas construction is still going on.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
who gives a shit? summer olympics is already rubbish but at least you have basketball. this shit though? fuck that and that closet homosexual Putin

Seriously....there is so much actual sports around...no one should give two shits about that crapfest

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
who gives a shit? summer olympics is already rubbish but at least you have basketball. this shit though? fuck that and that closet homosexual Putin

Seriously....there is so much actual sports around...no one should give two shits about that crapfest

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002

ice hockey :)
this is like football WC for hockey fans (I know you are not) .. so I can't wait for start of tournament . probably last time also we see pro player in Olympic

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I have never ever understood the point of figure skating.
especially couple figure skating. it seems it is just throw-back to pure entertainment.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
.. so I can't wait for start of tournament .
I just can't wait till we kick some more American butts in men's and women's! ;)

BTW, another VERY interesting thing in these winter Olympics is that the Jamaican Bobsleigh team qualified again after a long absence! They're off to a rocky start having lost their luggage at the airport, but I for one am cheering for them. Cool Runnings 2? ;)

Bijans

Legionnaire
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
I just can't wait till we kick some more American butts in men's and women's! ;)

BTW, another VERY interesting thing in these winter Olympics is that the Jamaican Bobsleigh team qualified again after a long absence! They're off to a rocky start having lost their luggage at the airport, but I for one am cheering for them. Cool Runnings 2? ;)
I am cheering for them.. Russia will be dangerous in Hockey.. Just mark my words:)

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
I am cheering for them.. Russia will be dangerous in Hockey.. Just mark my words:)
Russia plays at home this is an advantage other than that , their defense is very shaky
USA and Canada has best squad on paper...

Bijans

Legionnaire
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
Russia plays at home this is an advantage other than that , their defense is very shaky
USA and Canada has best squad on paper...
Let's face it Canada has the easiest group too.. I wouldn't count Czech rep out either, I am not a fan of Sweden as much but they have a pretty decent team..:)

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
I have never ever understood the point of figure skating.
especially couple figure skating. it seems it is just throw-back to pure entertainment.
what mashdi and keyvan have posted already and to make sure Will Ferrell can make a movie about it

[video=youtube;bCg1HO4UbTA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCg1HO4UbTA[/video]

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Let's face it Canada has the easiest group too.. I wouldn't count Czech rep out either, I am not a fan of Sweden as much but they have a pretty decent team..:)
also in tournament anything can happen but basically is between USA and CANADA this time , Russia and Sweden squad is nowhere close to these two teams