South Korea vs Iran World Cup Qualification [R]

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
South Korea vs. Iran

Tuesday June 18, 2013
5 AM PST
8 AM EST

Lets go IRANNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sincerely hope Iran don't play as if they have already qualified! No time to be lacklustre, we have to win! I believe we could win 2-1, honestly I do! I love how Iran have proved most of us wrong and if we do beat South Korea, we could finish top of the group - most of us thought we would be lucky to finish third!

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
one thing that impressed me most in the last two games is the amount of concentration throughout the game , it seems the CQ has injected the thought in their minds to keep their concentration the whole time , take it all seriousely and make everything count , they look like a team that have the same will and goal .

In any sport or activity attitude comes first , if you have that you have a great chance even if you are technically or physically not as good as your opponent . you could have a good punch against a relatively lesser gifted opponent in a boxing match but if you don't believe in yourself as much as your opponent he may well landed his to a better effect than you.

We have the momentum and the will and attitude and we couldn't have a better master tactician who knows how to handle issues like this Korean coach came up with and treat him like a little kid throwing his toys out of his pram.

I always backed him for the way he treated Rahmati and Aghili and you can see the result in the attitude of those playing , they work their butts out for him and the team . He taught us a big lesson again that no one is bigger than team melli ,even if you are the no 1 goalie of the country .

Shahram

Elite Member
Oct 21, 2002
one thing that impressed me most in the last two games is the amount of concentration throughout the game , it seems the CQ has injected the thought in their minds to keep their concentration the whole time , take it all seriousely and make everything count , they look like a team that have the same will and goal .

In any sport or activity attitude comes first , if you have that you have a great chance even if you are technically or physically not as good as your opponent . you could have a good punch against a relatively lesser gifted opponent in a boxing match but if you don't believe in yourself as much as your opponent he may well landed his to a better effect than you.

We have the momentum and the will and attitude and we couldn't have a better master tactician who knows how to handle issues like this Korean coach came up with and treat him like a little kid throwing his toys out of his pram.

I always backed him for the way he treated Rahmati and Aghili and you can see the result in the attitude of those playing , they work their butts out for him and the team . He taught us a big lesson again that no one is bigger than team melli ,even if you are the no 1 goalie of the country .
Concentration will be the key. We had it for 90+ minutes against Qatar. We lost it after the third goal against Lebanon and saw what happened. That was why CQ was worked up. The match against S. Korea will be very very difficult . Hopefully, we will have the desirable result.

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Concentration will be the key. We had if for 90+ minutes against Qatar. We lost it after the third goal against Lebanon and saw what happened. That was why CQ was worked up. The match against S. Korea will be very very difficult . Hopefully, we will have the desirable result.
Every match is difficult ,there are no more easy games like the Maldives game which ended 17-0 , as you said concentration is the key .

May 12, 2007
Every match is difficult ,there are no more easy games like the Maldives game which ended 17-0 , as you said concentration is the key .
I think tactically Iran plays greate. We don't have the right kind of players in some Places. Perfect finisher. Defence was also shaky at part of the game against Lebenon. I think S.koreans know it.

Nov 29, 2002
Maldives 17-0 away match was actually a really good game by TM in terms of mentality. They didn't stop playing with 100% effort even when the result was finished. Some of the team goals here are excellent, check out the selflessness in the players. This could easily have been just 3-0 or 4-0 if players were more selfish[video=youtube;YvaUhTWPKlI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvaUhTWPKlI[/video]

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Lets talk about Line up. what do you guys think CQ will put on the field.
I think he will use the same lineup in Qatar where Sadeghi plays instead of Khalatbari. Everything else stays the same.

Ahmadi
Heydari, Montazeri, Jalal, Beikzadeh
Sadeghi
Nekouman - Andranik
Jabbari - Shojaie
Gucci

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
Lets talk about Line up. what do you guys think CQ will put on the field.
I think he will use the same lineup in Qatar where Sadeghi plays instead of Khalatbari. Everything else stays the same.

Ahmadi
Heydari, Montazeri, Jalal, Beikzadeh
Sadeghi
Nekouman - Andranik
Jabbari - Shojaie
Gucci
If he plays Sadeghi we will suffer badly unfortunately. That will force Montazeri back to the RB position, something that will weaken his and the team's defensive abilities. Like previously mentioned, it might have worked against Qatar but i guarantee you that S.Korea will expose these weaknesses. Montazeri/Hosseini partnership on the other hand is extremely reliable.

Queiroz should stick to the same lineup we had against Lebanon, because defensively that team is extremely solid, and attacking wise we will be able to cause the Koreans some serious damage, the Korean defense is actually very shaky, with the same lineup we had against Lebanon we are more then capable of scoring the 1st goal, and from there, the game will be wide open.

But, if we decide to sit back and play a pressing game and happy with a draw and allow S.Korea to attack, specially with our best on the ground defender pushed wide, replaced with a turtle in Sadeghi, it wont be a pretty game. We will loose.

Honestly, this game will come down to who wins the midfield battle, if Nekounam & Teymorian continue the way they have played, i am sure we will win the midfield battle. IF we lets say had to make 1 change, i would actually say that change should be Omid Ebrahimi coming in instead of Shojaei, and allowing extra man power in the midfield. But, the same lineup as the one against Lebanon should 100% be put to use, lets just hope Shojaei has a better game.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I don't see Korea going all out attack. They will be cautious because it seems like they think Uzbekistan will demolish Qatar and that leaves them less risking ability. Won't be surprised if the game ends up being very boring.

It will most likely be a cautious game by both sides resulting in 1 or maybe 2 goals at most. A goalless draw is also very favorable to both teams.

A win for Iran is quite unlikely but of course possible.

I personally see a 0-0 draw as the most likely outcome.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Yeah, I also think Iran will not put attacking lineup. I would like to not see Shojaie but I think he will play, I doubt CQ will put Ebrahimi in such a big game. I still think we will play similar to the way we played in Qatar.

Shahram

Elite Member
Oct 21, 2002
I don't see Korea going all out attack. They will be cautious because it seems like they think Uzbekistan will demolish Qatar and that leaves them less risking ability. Won't be surprised if the game ends up being very boring.

It will most likely be a cautious game by both sides resulting in 1 or maybe 2 goals at most. A goalless draw is also very favorable to both teams.

A win for Iran is quite unlikely but of course possible.

I personally see a 0-0 draw as the most likely outcome.
If it were not for those strange remarks by the S. Korean Manager, I would be sure of a cautious game. In other words, an unspoken and unwritten agreement between the two sides that a draw would be the best result for both of them. Do you remember Iran-Japan match in the 2004 Asian Cup? Iran had 4 points and Japan had 6 points. Both sides were content with a draw that would actually eliminate Oman. That is exactly what happened.

Shahram

Elite Member
Oct 21, 2002
كاروان تيم ملي 9 صبح فردا به بوسان مي رود

حساسيت هاي فوق العاده مسابقه با كره جنوبي باعث شده تا از حالا مسوولان و مقاماتورزشي براي حضور در اين بازي اعلام آمادگي كنند

كاروان تيم ملي فوتبال براي برگزاري آخرين ديدار خود در انتخابي جام جهاني حدود ساعت ۹ صبح فردا (پنجشنبه ) وارد شهر بوسان مي شود.البته ملي پوشان براي مسابقه مقابل مره بايد به شهر اولسان بروند. فاصله بين بوسان تا شهر اولسان ۷۰ كيلومتر است و كاروان تيم ملي بعد از ورود به بوسان بلافاصله راهي اولسان مي شود تا براي استقرار و آغاز تمرين ها جهت قرار گرفتن مقابل تيم ملي كره جنوبي آماده شود.

صندوق اخذ راي براي ملي پوشان در شهر بازي

با اينكه اعضاي تيم ملي از فردا صبح راهي كره خواهند شد و روز انتخابات در ايران حضور ندارند اما مي توانند در انتخابات شركت داشته باشند.سفارت ايران در كره به غير از تمهيدات مختلفي كه براي استقبال از كاروان تيم ملي فوتبال انديشيده يك صندوق اختصاصي اخذ راي به شهر اولسان خواهند برد تا اعضاي تيم ملي بتوانند روز جمعه در انتخابات رياست جمهوري شركت كنند.

سفارت ايران از 4 شهر اتوبوس به اولسان مي فرستد

معمولا تيم ملي فوتبال در هر جاي دنيا كه به ميدان يمر ود كلي تماشاگر و طرفدار دارد.در كره جنوبي هم تعداد ايراني هاي مقيم اين كشور كه دوست دارند بازي تيم ملي كشورشان را از نزديك ببينند كم نيست اما جمع كرد ن آنها براي بردن به شهر اولسان محل انجام مسابقه كاري است كه بايد با سازمانهي خاصي صورت گيرد كه ظاهرا سفارت ايران د ركره قصد دارند اين كار را انجام دهند.

به گفته مسوولان اين سفارتخانه براي روز مسابقه كه قرار است سه شنبه آينده انجام شود از چهار شهر بزرگ كره جنوبي اتوبوس هايي در نظرگرفته شده كه ايرانيان علاقمند را براي تشويق تيم ملي به ورزشگاه شهر اولسان منتقل خواهند كرد.

عباسي و سفير ايران در استاديوم اولسان

حساسيت هاي فوق العاده مسابقه با كره جنوبي باعث شده تا از حالا مسوولان و مقاماتورزشي براي حضور در اين بازي اعلام آمادگي كنند.از اين رو احمد معصومي فر سفير ايران نيز براي ديدار با اعضاي تيم كشورمان و تماشاي مسابقه حساس با كره جنوبي به شهر اولسان مي رود.

قرار است محمد عباسي وزير ورزش و جوانان هم براي ديدار با اعضاي تيم ملي و تماشاي بازي مقابل كره به اولسان سفر كند.عباسي در بازي با قطر هم به دوحه رفته و بازي را از نزديك ديده بود.

سه شنبه در اولسان باران نمي بارد

كره اي ها از الان اعلام كرده اند بازي سه شنبه آينده مقابل ايران در شرايط جوي مناسب برگزار مي شود و با اينكه شهربندري اولسان در جنوب كره جنوبي قرار گرفته و در اين فصل آب وهواي پرباران و رطوبتي دارد اما در روز بازي خبري از بارش باران نخواهد بود.

دماي اين شهر امروز حدود ۲۴ درجه بالاي صفر بوده و هواشناسي كره جنوبي پيش بيني كرده در روز مسابقه بين تيم هاي ملي ايران و كره هوا صاف خواهد بود.البته با وجود پايين بودن دماي اولسان نسبت به تهران قطعا رطوبت اين بندر جنوبي كره بالاتر از تهران خواهد بود كه كادر فني تيم ملي براي مطابقت با شرايط آب و هوايي اين منطقه 5 روز قبل از بازي راهي اولسان خواهند شد

Hassan1980

Bench Warmer
Feb 17, 2008
Iran has the best defence in Asia with only 2 goals conceding in 7 matches. Korea i think will seriously test our defence. Lets hope Rahman Ahmadi doesnt let us down.