Spain, world champions 2010 and deservedly so!!

Khorus

National Team Player
Oct 25, 2002
CA
Yup..even Johan Cruyff, blasts the pathetic thugs, which makes me wonder how some people here can still stick up for them:

Cruyff slams 'anti-football'
http://www.skysports.com/football/world-cup-2010/story/0,27032,12098_6257631,00.html

BTW I admire defensive football as even that is an art as well. I have no problems with Greece of 2004, but thuggery and defensive football are two completely different things.
Frankly, I tried to justify some of the action as "playing hard", but it is difficult to enjoy the game this Dutch team plays sometimes. They are capable of playing better football, but for some reason don't. There is no sane rationale for some of the tackles by DeJong and Van Bommel yesterday, period. I have been a Dutch fan for almost 40 years, but have to admit Spain deserved it more. This Holland team was almost as bad as the 1990 Argentina team.

But, this is all about Spain, so let's not turn it into a bitch session about the Dutch. Thanks.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Really you gotta love this man. I certainly love Cruyff. I mean the guy is a dutch and doesnt give a fuck about it when it comes down to justice and truth.

Aug 26, 2005
Well, the Spanish weren't innocent either. They only had 3 yellow cards less. TBF, besides the De Jong tackle I don't think anything was "thuggery". It was just very physical. Ironically, I thought once they were carded the holding duo for the Netherlands were better.

Maybe I watch too much EPL?

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Well, the Spanish weren't innocent either. They only had 3 yellow cards less. TBF, besides the De Jong tackle I don't think anything was "thuggery". It was just very physical. Ironically, I thought once they were carded the holding duo for the Netherlands were better.

Maybe I watch too much EPL?
I actually thought the Van Bommel tackle on Iniesta early on was more dangerous than what De Jong did. Van Bommel hurled himself into the side of Iniesta's legs without any attempt at the ball. If Iniesta's boots were a bit more planted he would have broken his leg for sure.

Watch the game again. Van Bommel threw a forearm when ever he walked by a Spanish player. You see 3 or 4 spanish players looking back after each cowardly hit by that piece of shit...

Kaz, youve been watching the Demons play a bit too much havent you? ;)

Aug 26, 2005
I should probably watch the Van Bommel tackle again, but from what I remember it didn't make me squirm like the De Jong one.

I dunno what it is about Xabi Alonso but he seems to be a magnet for those kind of violent challenges. At Liverpool most of the time when the opposition were sent off it was usually by a tackle on him.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
I actually thought the Van Bommel tackle on Iniesta early on was more dangerous than what De Jong did. Van Bommel hurled himself into the side of Iniesta's legs without any attempt at the ball. If Iniesta's boots were a bit more planted he would have broken his leg for sure.
thanx for mention:

Van Bommel > Goosaleye heyvoon

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elD7bcA_ZoI"]YouTube- Van Bommel Hacks Iniesta.flv[/ame]

ali_karimi

Bench Warmer
Dec 19, 2004
Canada
Van Bommel was a piece of shit like that the entire tournament. He should have been sent off in the Brazil game too, but that ref didn't have the balls to give him a second yellow.

Jun 7, 2004
I'd be the first to say that I underestimated this Spanish team. They did deserve to win. They absolutely owned the midfield. They won an astonishingly high percentage of balls in the middle. And they kept their composure and disciplined.

As for Dutch complaining about the referee, they are absolutely right. This game was decided by the referee like every other important game in this tournament. The Dutch just wanted the referee to call the game in a way that would give them the win just as he did in the game against Brazil.

Football rules and execution of rules are hopelessly outdated. The game is now only a couple of steps above a mickey mouse spectacle with grown men taking it too seriously. It is living off of the momentum of its past glory. If it were a new game in its current form, there is no way in the world that it would stand a chance to become a very popular game.

Aug 26, 2005
Nah, yellow was fair there IMO. The De Jong tackle is just indefensible. WTF is his foot doing all the way up there?

Aug 26, 2005
Are you an EPL fan? Seriously, that tackle happens like at least once a match. I'm desensitised to it now.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh_-Cl-FN7w"]YouTube- Netherlands versus Spain (0-1) Highlights of the World Cup 2010 Final | Yellow Cards[/ame]

don't mind the stupid comentary on screen.
btw. Puyols header (at 2:50) in slow motion climbing Heitinga is priceless.
btw. poor Sneijder who IMO was the only dutch (one man army) who deserved a better destiny. :sad3:

Enjoy the video of Rugby :caveman: / Fifa 2010 final

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
I thought De Jong's foul was awesome, great form :D

seriously what the hell was he thinking?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBa15Q7QCjY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBa15Q7QCjY[/ame]

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
He was not thinking anything. I know him from Bundesliga, he is not thinking at all. As Cruyff said, this dutch team are just bunch of thugs who entered the game with the intention to beat up, hurt and intimidate the spaniards in the first place and wait to see if they get one or two chances of themselves to win it 1-0. Thats been their whole game plan. Look at this piece of shit instantly raising his both hands to show he didnt do anything wrong!

Mar 13, 2007
0-1 loss to swiss
2-1 win against 10 man chile
2-0 win against worst team in WC hondouras
1-0 win against a team that could only score against the worst team in WC korea
1-0 win against paraguay, a game they should have lost
1-0 win against mediocre Germany - a game they could have easily lost
1-0 win against a 10 man mediocre holland they didnt lose by narrowest of margins

6 wins, 1 loss, 8 goals

holland has 6 wins, 1 loss, 12 goals with wins against stronger teams

naturally everyone in every championship will say that the team that won the championship 'DESERVEDLY' won the touney, including even disaster tourneys such as euro 2004 simply because for most part they had the most wins, but in this case spain didnt even have the best stats !!!! and we all know they would have lost against brazil if they had to meet them in 2nd round. So no spain were not the best team in this shitty tourney.