Spanish Premier League La Liga 2013-14 Thread [R]

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Guys,
What do you think of new Barca style of play? Past two games the only score two goals.

What is going on?

Why is Neymar keep coming in as Sub?

Atletico Madrid
5 - 0
Rayo Vallecano

FT Levante
0 - 0
Sevilla FC

FT Malaga
0 - 1
Barcelona

FT Real Betis
1 - 2
Celta Vigo

Last edited:

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
they played two "difficult" teams...that's why
Well I am saying they amount of chance they have created in past two games is very low. Why is that? Same team last year would create many more chances than this even with out Messi?

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Well I am saying they amount of chance they have created in past two games is very low. Why is that? Same team last year would create many more chances than this even with out Messi?
well, have a look at how many goals and shots they conceded last year and you might get a clue about it.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
well, have a look at how many goals and shots they conceded last year and you might get a clue about it.
don't worry I have clue of what I am talking about. looks like you don't get what I am saying..
look at number of chances Barca created in past two games in front of goal. Why is that so low? Is that all about Messi being injured? or something to due with the tactics from TATA?

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
don't worry I have clue of what I am talking about. looks like you don't get what I am saying..
look at number of chances Barca created in past two games in front of goal. Why is that so low? Is that all about Messi being injured? or something to due with the tactics from TATA?
Well..apparently not :)

I told you to look at goals conceded this season and shots on goal. In the league it's 0 goals and against Atletico it was 1 goal and Atletico had barely any other chance in the second half. They play very different than last year, center backs are more involved in playmaking, wingers play more outside on wings, fullbacks move inside....it's not that they are more defensive, but they play less gungho and the team plays more compact. But anyway, they scored 7 against Levante.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Well..apparently not :)

I told you to look at goals conceded this season and shots on goal. In the league it's 0 goals and against Atletico it was 1 goal and Atletico had barely any other chance in the second half. They play very different than last year, center backs are more involved in playmaking, wingers play more outside on wings, fullbacks move inside....it's not that they are more defensive, but they play less gungho and the team plays more compact. But anyway, they scored 7 against Levante.
Well Levante was like a second division team. I was talking about the attacking options and goal chances in past two games. You are saying they are not playing defensive but they are not creating any chances. I guess they need more time to figure out TATa's system. It looks different than Tito's style. Also you didn't answer my question about Neymar!! why is he not starting? He is not fit for full game? or its him getting use to Barca's style of play?

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Well Levante was like a second division team. I was talking about the attacking options and goal chances in past two games. You are saying they are not playing defensive but they are not creating any chances. I guess they need more time to figure out TATa's system. It looks different than Tito's style. Also you didn't answer my question about Neymar!! why is he not starting? He is not fit for full game? or its him getting use to Barca's style of play?
Neymar is not starting because he is not ready. He had an operation in summer, then he missed half of the preparation and he lost around 6 kg after operation.

I don't know how else I should explain this to you. In previous years you had the wingers moving in. Now they play much wider and the fullbacks and the midfielders are supposed to come in. It helps for pressing and avoids space behind fullbacks but it gives you a lack of presence in front of the goal. Also, apart of Levante, they played two of the more solid teams in Spain away, so no matter who plays, it was going to be difficult.