Starbucks - Esther - Xerxes

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Well it is banned for the wrong reason since the logo is a mermaid. It should be banned because it tastes like piss not cuz of its logo.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
ZA jAn, are you serious?
Well not quite but their coffee sucks. It is too watered down for my taste. The mom and pop coffee shops down here are much better and the chains that we have like Peets and Coffee Bean are hands down better.

Oct 20, 2003
You got to try Tim Hortons’ coffee to know how awful starbucks is.
Well, I like their French Roast which is extra bold coffee. I grind it myself every morning. It taste great.

I did not mean to hijack the thread :).

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Well - I must admit what they call coffee in France is far superior to what we have here in America.

As for Esther - I think ZA is correct - it may be mermaid - but it is a mermaid with a crown.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Original Logo:

In 2006, Valerie O'Neil, a Starbucks spokeswoman, said that the logo is an image of a "twin-tailed siren".[57] The logo has been significantly streamlined over the years. In the first version, which was based on a 17th-century Norse woodcut[55], the Starbucks siren was topless and had a fully visible double fish tail.[58] The image also had a rough visual texture and has been likened to a melusine.[59] In the second version, which was used from 1987–92, her breasts were covered by her flowing hair, but her navel was still visible, and the fish tail was cropped slightly. In the current version, used since 1992, her navel and breasts are not visible at all, and only vestiges remain of the fish tails. The original "woodcut" logo has been moved to the Starbuck's Headquarters in Seattle.

At the beginning of September 2006 and then again in early 2008, Starbucks temporarily reintroduced its original brown logo on paper hot-drink cups. Starbucks has stated that this was done to show the company's heritage from the Pacific Northwest and to celebrate 35 years of business. The vintage logo sparked some controversy due in part to the siren's bare breasts,[60] but the temporary switch garnered little attention from the media. Starbucks had drawn similar criticism when they reintroduced the vintage logo in 2006.[61] The logo was altered when Starbucks entered the Saudi Arabian market in 2000 to remove the mermaid, leaving only her crown,[62] as reported in a Pulitzer Prize-winning column by Colbert I. King in The Washington Post in 2002. The company announced three months later that it would be using the international logo in Saudi Arabia.[63]

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
Esther is hot ...

i prefer jewish girls to Ey-rabs (with the exception of blonde lebanese),

jewish girls are hot sex maniacs...
arab girls are hot for shirini and french fries. two years after marriage they become the size of a ZEREH POOSH.

Nov 29, 2002
So much "hart o poort" by the so-called "arab world". It reminds me of when they banned pokemon because the stars on the top of the pokemon cards are apparently the same as the stars of Israel.