Steve Nash: “I don’t care if Ronaldo does 6.000 sit-ups, he’ll never be better than Messi.”

IPride

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
“I don’t care if Ronaldo does 6.000 sit-ups, he’ll never be better than Messi.”– Professional basketball player, and Messi fan, Steve Nash. Nash, who recently made a controversial move to the LA Lakers, specifically asked for the number 10 on his new jersey as an homage to Messi. Maybe Basketball isn’t so bad after all…

“I don’t care if Ronaldo does 6.000 sit-ups, he’ll never be better than Messi.”– Professional basketball player, and Messi fan, Steve Nash. Nash, who recently made a controversial move to the LA Lakers, specifically asked for the number 10 on his new jersey as an homage to Messi. Maybe Basketball isn’t so bad after all…

I hope you have also helped ISP for wasting the space with your usual Messi vs CR Kose sher .

I am sure that you helped. don't disappoint the members and say yes ....

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
well no shit Nash !!! dont think even Ronaldo thinks he is better than Messi !!!
but on a the same note Perhaps he had another press conference i dont know, the one they showed on Canadian TV, when asked why number 10 he said "I am a huge soccer fan and 10 is the number of play maker in soccer" he did NOT mention Messi / Ronaldo or anyone on the version i watched, again not saying he didnt say it but anyone has the youtube version of this?

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
did some searching couldnt find this on any proper news site, here is the youtube video of Nash before April 2012 El Clasico.

Steve Nash: "Cristiano is catching up with Messi"
[video=youtube;jOON0fE25CE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOON0fE25CE[/video]

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
All I know he is a friend with Del Piero and his family are from London and huge spurs fan.
Well, nobody is perfect ;) (but I don't really know about his family being from London but anyway)..

I really don't care...all I know is that he's my favorite Laker since Magic and I'm really glad that I can finally wear purple gold again...and I love to see all Lakers fans who hated on him for winning the MVP twice cheering on him in the near future. And I can't wait for him playing Pick-N-Roll with Gasol and Bynum.

I think I will celebrate it with some purple drank..

PUUUURRRPPLLLLEEEEEEEE.....LLLLAAAAAKKKKEEEEESHOOOOOOWWWWWWW....

IPride

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I hope you have also helped ISP for wasting the space with your usual Messi vs CR Kose sher .

I am sure that you helped. don't disappoint the members and say yes ....

dude shut the f*** up...

Who died and made you the fucking President and Treasurer of ISP to keep track of who says what and who pays what..What gives you the right???...no one here says more kose sher than you do anyway...

I've been successfully ignoring your bullshit for a year now you're making me break my spell and say things to you that are at your level but are not at mine...I'm adding you to my ignore list for good.

Last edited:

ardy

Legionnaire
Nov 25, 2004
San Diego Armando Maradona, CA
dude shut the f*** up...

Who died and made you the fucking President and Treasurer of ISP to keep track of who says what and who pays what..What gives you the right???...no one here says more kose sher than you do anyway...

I've been successfully ignoring your bullshit for a year now you're making me break my spell and say things to you that are at your level but are not at mine...I'm adding you to my ignore list for good.
This a$$hole definitely belongs to the ignore list. He insulted my family after I mentioned the fact that none of ex or current goozlactic players like Figo, Zidane, Cannavaro, Donaldo, etc never won the FIFA World Player of the Year award because of their contributions to Goozlacticos.

He seems to have a lot of fans among the staff here and free to do whatever the fuck he wants to do. His biggest contribution to ISP as a "News Team" staff has been copy-pasting crap from goal.com

Feb 22, 2005
Does it really matter what Nash thinks? All those that matters, that is all top coaches and players say Messi is the best. Some say he is the worst (InDaMoney and some of the chelsea and english fans). Everyone has their own opinion.

What is interesting is almost all these people, regardless, turn the TV on to watch Messi and Barcelona in major games. Espeically when Barc and Madrid are playing. That says it all.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Well, nobody is perfect ;) (but I don't really know about his family being from London but anyway)..

I really don't care...all I know is that he's my favorite Laker since Magic and I'm really glad that I can finally wear purple gold again...and I love to see all Lakers fans who hated on him for winning the MVP twice cheering on him in the near future. And I can't wait for him playing Pick-N-Roll with Gasol and Bynum.

I think I will celebrate it with some purple drank..

PUUUURRRPPLLLLEEEEEEEE.....LLLLAAAAAKKKKEEEEESHOOOOOOWWWWWWW....
Well I read one of his interview that how his family are from London and moved to Canada long time ago, he is born in Canada though. He said he follow two teams one Juventus because of Del Piero and another Spurs because of his family always were spurs fans. But this was a old interview and Del Piero is no longer at Juve and it seems he start to like Barca and Messi in recent years which would be hard to not to if you like this sport.
I personally hate Lakers and always will, Golden State fans hate all the teams from LA :)
But I like Nash but I think the age is getting into him.

Aug 25, 2005
So Cal So Cool
Well I read one of his interview that how his family are from London and moved to Canada long time ago, he is born in Canada though. He said he follow two teams one Juventus because of Del Piero and another Spurs because of his family always were spurs fans. But this was a old interview and Del Piero is no longer at Juve and it seems he start to like Barca and Messi in recent years which would be hard to not to if you like this sport.
I personally hate Lakers and always will, Golden State fans hate all the teams from LA :)
He was actually born in South Africa and then his family moved to Canada. As a Laker fan, it would be interesting to see how things would work out with Kobe not being able to hog the ball as much.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Yeah, he's actually born in South Africa as SC points out. But he has some connection with London. Anyway, he was never the best defensively and he will have even more trouble next season but I really adore him as a player.

Have you read the Bill Simmons article on 60 steps to piss a fan base off? Hilarious..

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7714701/how-annoy-fan-base-60-easy-steps

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
I had no idea he was born in S.Africa. Anyway I always liked him and see him in Lakers seems very strange. Ray Allen also left Celtics for Heat, which is another strange one.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Mahdi that was a great article and also sad one for warriors fans. I do remember Webber and Sprewell playing for golden state probably the best times I can remember. People still talk about how in hell they let webber go and made Sprewell insane to choke his coach out, lol. And again they did it again leting both Richardson and Baron Davis go, they clearly know how to piss their fans off.

Aug 26, 2005
although I agree with the comment, but I have strong doubts that someone like Nash would say something like that.
He didn't. He said a "futbal wiseman" said that asked if it was true. Maybe he agrees with it, but he didn't state it so harshly.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
I had no idea he was born in S.Africa. Anyway I always liked him and see him in Lakers seems very strange. Ray Allen also left Celtics for Heat, which is another strange one.
Ray Allen leaving isn't that strange. He doesn't want the Thunder to win a ring and he saw Mike Miller and Shane Battier getting open 3s thanks to LeBron and shooting +50% 3s in finals. So, he was like, ok, these guys shoot +50, I might shoot +80 and get a ring.

No, seriously, I think Old Jesus Shuttlesworth and Rashard Lewis getting open 3s in the finals next season will be one of the funniest things to watch and look forward to next season.

Mahdi that was a great article and also sad one for warriors fans. I do remember Webber and Sprewell playing for golden state probably the best times I can remember. People still talk about how in hell they let webber go and made Sprewell insane to choke his coach out, lol. And again they did it again leting both Richardson and Baron Davis go, they clearly know how to piss their fans off.
That was such a sweet team, Tim Hardaway, Chris Mullin, Spree(man, I so loved the guy! My favorite Knick of the past 15 years, though not that difficult), and Chris Webber...they had a nucleus to rule for years but..damn..

Anyway, as a long Knicks fan I can't talk much. Really, I adore Tyson Chandler and I like Amar'e, but this will be the first time, and I have been through Z-Bo, Starbury, Jarred Jeffries, Eddy Curry, Isaiah years, I will not bother about Knicks.

Feb 22, 2005
It is not that easy. You first have to agree that the Greece style of game, that is parking the bus and playing all defense and looking for a counter attack, that Chelsea also used, is the best Football system of play. Until then you are a donkey. Even Messi has said he is going to play back in defense and stop attacking so he is not a donkey anymore.

I dont want to be a donkey hence why i think Lampard is the best of them all. the God, then John Terry, hard to pick really. rest of you donkeys un-donkey urself !!!