Stop the negativity !!

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
There is a difference between being negative and being realistic.
Come one now if you have negative comments just keep them to yourself! You don't have to post a comment just because you want to that is being selfish.. We know we are not that strong but posting negative and pessimistic messages is not going to help anyone..

Mehran(ISP)

<b>Administrator</b>
Oct 16, 2002
MD, USA
Given the team we have, we should all be fairly satisfied with 2 mild losses and a moderate one. A tie should be considered an achievement and a win should be considered a motherfucking trophy.

Making it out of this group with this team should be considered Iran's single most historic achievement in the past 6000 years.

So yeah don't be negative about what this team does in this World Cup. The only thing worth being negative about is the state of our football which remains pathetic no matter what happens in the World Cup.
Baba velemoon kon dige. I swear if I find out that you actually watched the matches after all this negativity....

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Besides - I have a good feeling about this team. A couple of lucky bounces a few great saves and who knows.......
Go Iran.

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
There is a difference between being negative and being realistic.
that is exactly what i thought when i started reading this post.

Ideally, with the amount of football talent that exists among iranian people (women and men), we should be aiming for quarter finals after nearly a century of football. But not under this system and government.

At this level to qualify for the world cup is an achievement and wining a game is an ideal. Qualification for later rounds science-fiction.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I don't see it as all doom and gloom guys. Now I'm not saying Iran is going to advance to the 2nd round but I won't be completely shocked if they do. A very realistic situation might be a 2-0 loss to Argentina a 1-1 tie against Bosnia and a 2-1 or 1-0 win against Nigeria. Iran gets 4 points but it's not enough maybe Bosnia loses closer to Argentina like 2-1. After watching the Mexico game, I think clearly Bosnia is the 2nd best team in our group but after watching the USA Nigeria game, we are not the worst team in this group. If that result happens, we should b happy. After all I think only two teams overall in this world cup get paid less overall than Iran and those two are Concacaf teams.

Mar 13, 2007
Given the team we have, we should all be fairly satisfied with 2 mild losses and a moderate one. A tie should be considered an achievement and a win should be considered a motherfucking trophy.

Making it out of this group with this team should be considered Iran's single most historic achievement in the past 6000 years.

So yeah don't be negative about what this team does in this World Cup. The only thing worth being negative about is the state of our football which remains pathetic no matter what happens in the World Cup.

lol, as factual and articulate as one could have put it

Behrang(ISP)

King of Posts
Oct 16, 2002
www.iransportspress.com
Here u go Behrang. The exact type of delusional post you asked for. We are going to be the number one team in Asia in 1-2 years, we are going to qualify from the group, and our players are going to gain experience and come back and win the World Cup in four years :p lol
From one extreme to another... What is it with some of you guys... Technically we are ranked the number one team in Asia. We did finish top of our group. We struggled to do it but we did do it and we know how football goes; anything can happen. Now do I think we really are number one in Asia? No. I think Korea and Japan are ahead of us when it comes to a number of different things but we have done well with the little that we have and it's something we should be proud of. We have to deal with shit and we come out with Bronze (see I did not say Gold).

We have a lot of areas we can improve on but that's something everyone talks about day in and out. All I'm saying is for the next few days let's be positive. In a month we can all turn around and bitch about the lack of resources, mismanagement and everything else we know we have issues with.

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
we have a lot of areas we can improve on but that's something everyone talks about day in and out. All I'm saying is for the next few days let's be positive. In a month we can all turn around and bitch about the lack of resources, mismanagement and everything else we know we have issues with.
So u're saying let's build up our hopes for no absolute reason, and let's expect the unexpected? Let's live in some fantasy world in the next few days? No thank u. This is the typical irani attitude. It's like attending an exam which you are probably going to fail, but u start giving halva sadaghe before just in the hope that some external force might help you through!

No thank u. I'd rather be realistic about the whole thing. If against all the odds we did well, then I will be jumping for joy. if we did as we are expected to do, then fine, after all, we've got the third least valuable team in the WC, so why should I pretend otherwise?

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
In all honestly I have seen worse threads that didn't get closed down but this one did. As none sense as that thread sounded like it wasn't insulting anyone, it had little humor to it.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
so why should I pretend otherwise?
So you don't get labeled as "negative", "clinically depressed", and all sorts of different names by the Beshkano-Bala-Bendaz crowd.

Funny thing is, this crowd never learns from history. All facts, numbers, history, science, probability, logic and even fiction are in favor of the realist, but no, you're expected to just act like a drunken idiot who sees no wrong in pulling down his pants in the middle of an intersection expecting hot girls to uncontrollably want to put his salami in their mouths!

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
So you don't get labeled as "negative", "clinically depressed", and all sorts of different names by the Beshkano-Bala-Bendaz crowd.

Funny thing is, this crowd never learns from history. All facts, numbers, history, science, probability, logic and even fiction are in favor of the realist, but no, you're expected to just act like a drunken idiot who sees no wrong in pulling down his pants in the middle of an intersection expecting hot girls to uncontrollably want to put his salami in their mouths!
Thankfully this herd mentality doesn't apply to me. I'm not a sheep to just follow others blindly :)

I was telling someone yesterday that for the first time I ever remember, I am looking forward to the World Cup. I've always been worried about how England might do or how Iran might do in the past. But time round I have no hope for either and that actually means I can enjoy the games. There are some great games even in the first round in this World Cup, so really excited. I'm secretly hoping Belgium does well, as well as Brazil and possibly Ghana or Ivory Coast.

And I've got Uruguay in the work sweepstake. So come on Uruguay ;) lol

Feb 22, 2005
This world cup is interesting as I think most people dont have an expectation for Iran. Yet, Iran has put together a good defense and with Dejagah and Gucci and hajsafi, and even Nekounam has good shooters that can take opportunities. And with Dejagah and Gucci who individually can create a goal without support.

Defend well and get the ball quickly to Dejagah and Gucci.

Can go either way.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Thankfully this herd mentality doesn't apply to me. I'm not a sheep to just follow others blindly :)

I was telling someone yesterday that for the first time I ever remember, I am looking forward to the World Cup. I've always been worried about how England might do or how Iran might do in the past. But time round I have no hope for either and that actually means I can enjoy the games. There are some great games even in the first round in this World Cup, so really excited. I'm secretly hoping Belgium does well, as well as Brazil and possibly Ghana or Ivory Coast.

And I've got Uruguay in the work sweepstake. So come on Uruguay ;) lol
I feel the same way, actually I felt the same on last WC too. After WC 2006 TM died in me for few years, now I just follow them and support them but nothing like before. The feeling of 98 has died in me since 2006. That year Italy also won and I got what I wanted from Azzuri and it was on the eve of Calciopoli too. After that I only cared about one team and club levels and national tournaments has become something that I can't wait till its all over so I can see all the players HEALTHY training back in Vivono. But beside all that I don't really care who wins and who lose that much, so I can watch it in less stress and actually enjoy it. the only thing that scares me is injuries.

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I feel the same way, actually I felt the same on last WC too. After WC 2006 TM died in me for few years, now I just follow them and support them but nothing like before. The feeling of 98 has died in me since 2006. That year Italy also won and I got what I wanted from Azzuri and it was on the eve of Calciopoli too. After that I only cared about one team and club levels and national tournaments has become something that I can't wait till its all over so I can see all the players HEALTHY training back in Vivono. But beside all that I don't really care who wins and who lose that much, so I can watch it in less stress and actually enjoy it. the only thing that scares me is injuries.
I'm with you all the way except for me replace the country Italy with Germany that is the only difference although I don't think it will be all doom and gloom for Iran. I think the cards are stacked against them in advancing to the 2nd round but Iran is not going to get skunked we will get a W against Nigeria I can just feel it.