Storm in Tehran

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Welcome to the early tangible signs of global warming. Experts have been warning people for more than a decade now but obviously uneducated and lazy masses who only care about their fast-foods and TV entertainment and buying more useless gadgets have been ignoring these warnings but when shit starts hitting them in the face you can bet they will start paying attention although as evident by some of the posts here it will still take some time for people to recognize the real root of the problem.

In the meantime the ignorant superstitious "religious" can blame God and their ignorant opposition can blame the Mullah's mismanagement for the global climate change as well.

Trying to come off as unbiased? LOL. Your henna has no color.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
So Mr. genius Ashtar....you have discovered the earth is getting warmer?!! the earth has been getting warmer since the ice age......and yes the snow and ice shall melt and the oceans shall rise......the lakes will dry out.......so what is your point? you think we as humans can reverse this by any means?
No you idiot, I haven't discovered anything. I'm merely pointing out facts that the scientist have been pointing out and warning us for more than a decade now. If a dumb ass like yourself had been paying attention or had bothered to pickup a book or two or just an article on this subject then he wouldn't be surprised and wondering where the hell this sandstorm came from.

Yes, earth may have been slowly getting warmer over the past 2 million years but the acceleration and rapid rate of global warming over the past few decades is what is of note and concern here.

10 years from now when the Caspian starts to recede further and further as the remaining lakes in Iran all dry up and Northern Iran starts to look more and more like today's central Iran while the Southern half of the country becomes less and less habitable due to intolerable heat, worsening sandstorms, and lack of drinkable water then you're gonna sit behind your stupid computer and blame the Mullahs and natural progression of weather.

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
No you idiot, I haven't discovered anything. I'm merely pointing out facts that the scientist have been pointing out and warning us for more than a decade now. If a dumb ass like yourself had been paying attention or had bothered to pickup a book or two or just an article on this subject then he wouldn't be surprised and wondering where the hell this sandstorm came from.

Yes, earth may have been slowly getting warmer over the past 2 million years but the acceleration and rapid rate of global warming over the past few decades is what is of note and concern here.

10 years from now when the Caspian starts to recede further and further as the remaining lakes in Iran all dry up and Northern Iran starts to look more and more like today's central Iran while the Southern half of the country becomes less and less habitable due to intolerable heat, worsening sandstorms, and lack of drinkable water then you're gonna sit behind your stupid computer and blame the Mullahs and natural progression of weather.
where did you get your statistics ?
nahj ol mallagheh ya bahar ol anvar.

stick to your Karbala and leave science to human beings.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
So Professor Ashtar - you want to share with us how exactly the recent sandstorm in Tehran was the direct result of global warming.
Do you understand the difference between global warming and man made climate change?
Care to share the name of just ONE book with the author, you have read about global warming and how it can result in sandstorms?
and please stop posting cartoon propaganda graphs developed by hired scientists. There are scientists on the other side who argue the earth has been getting colder in the last 50 years!!

For others - what we have in Tehran is man made climate change. Over the years we have created a huge heavy smog system over Tehran which has resulted in lighter and rain producing weather systems to bypass Tehran.

Last edited:

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
ABC news reported yesterday the sand storm had a wind speeds of 70-80 mph!! Az an older Bacheh Tehroon, I don't recall such wind speeds in Tehran ever ......
The topagraphy around Tehran does not favor for such storm to develop.......wind-storms need flat surfaces to develop...which of-course it means south of Tehran. But in the past whatever wind system was developed south of Tehran, weakend by the time they hit the City suburbs where there are trees, buildings, etc........and as far as I know we have more trees and buildings now than we had in south of Tehran in the past....making this even weirder. Some suggest some sort of IR test/blast....sounds absurd but not impossible.

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
Its a result of the drying of rivers and marshes in Iraq. They would block sands and sediments coming up from Saudi Arabia.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I did some research and here's what I now know:

Typically the Iraqi fields west of the Iranian border are sprayed with special chemicals (to make sand heavier) at the expense of the Iranian government to avoid this exact scenario. Apparently this has been done and paid for for at least 50 years (if not more). Starting with Ahmadinejad's government, the payments to the Iraqi party stopped and the spraying was not done. Iran did make a payment last year and the spraying has resumed, but it will take a few more years for the sand layers to get as heavy as they should be in order for sand-storms to not cause devastation in Iran.

Interesting stuff that I didn't know.

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004

Typically the Iraqi fields west of the Iranian border are sprayed with special chemicals (to make sand heavier) at the expense of the Iranian government to avoid this exact scenario. Apparently this has been done and paid for for at least 50 years (if not more). Starting with Ahmadinejad's government, the payments to the Iraqi party stopped and the spraying was not done. Iran did make a payment last year and the spraying has resumed, but it will take a few more years for the sand layers to get as heavy as they should be in order for sand-storms to not cause devastation in Iran.

I guess we already pay for half their construction, might as well pay for a little spraying too!

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD

It's hard to believe this would of been done during the 8 year war with Saddam, I am sure Saddam loved to see Iran engulfed in sand storms.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
It's hard to believe this would of been done during the 8 year war with Saddam, I am sure Saddam loved to see Iran engulfed in sand storms.
I wondered the same thing and interestingly enough, during the war the Iraqi army had no choice but to spray the fields in order to prevent their own units from getting caught in sand storms. So, they had to fork out all the money themselves during the war.

Apparently this is a joint venture paid for by both sides, but the actual spraying is almost entirely done on the Iraqi side. The farsi word for the chemical used is "Malej"?

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
I wondered the same thing and interestingly enough, during the war the Iraqi army had no choice but to spray the fields in order to prevent their own units from getting caught in sand storms. So, they had to fork out all the money themselves during the war.

Apparently this is a joint venture paid for by both sides, but the actual spraying is almost entirely done on the Iraqi side. The farsi word for the chemical used is "Malej"?

From my understanding in the early 90s Saddam as a punishment towards the South of Iraq for rising up against him destroyd the wetlands. They are significantly smaller than they used to be.

Aug 21, 2005
next door

i guess the sanctions have effected the payment for the spraying too LOOL

parham79

Bench Warmer
Dec 5, 2009
Didn't I tell you, according to " Ayatollah Alavi Gorgani " this was indeed the wrath of allah. Why doe allah allway screw a country that actually ha his respresentitives on earth?. You would have thought we would be blessed considering Khamenie is god on earth himself.