Sunday JUne 21st Events

spanx

Bench Warmer
Dec 19, 2005
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jvptHZ-84s"]YouTube - APADANA-Shahryar Ghanbari - Gole Laleh-Persian Song-Iran 2009[/ame]

dariush-44

Bench Warmer
Oct 15, 2004
feels so good seeing these dogs being beaten up and hopefully killed
Please don't compare the basij to dogs...I have a dog and the love and compassion that it gives is far beyond any of these monsterous creatures who beat their own hamvatans ruthlessly. Categorically calling them animals is even an insult to nature as even animals don't behave in such way.

SirAlex

National Team Player
May 6, 2007
تجمع ده هزار نفری در اعتراض به کشتار معترضین ایرانی در مقابل پارلمان انتاریو

01 تیر 1388

پلیتیکال آرتیکلز: امروز بیش از ده هزار نفر از شهروندان کانادایی که عمدتا ایرانیان مقیم کانادا بودند در اعتراض به کشتار معترضین به نتایج انتخابات در ایران در مقابل پارلمان انتاریو در شهر تورنتوی کانادا دست به تجمع اعتراضی زدند.

در این تظاهرات که با حمل صدها پرچم ایران همراه بود جمعیت حاضر به به خواندن سرودهایی پرداختند و یاد قربانیان روزهای اخیر در ایران را گرامی داشتند.

تجمع کنندگان با حمل پلاکاردهایی همچون «رای من کجاست» و تصاویری از صورت خونی ندا، خواستار توقف کشتار مردم بیگناه و ابطال انتخابات ریاست جمهوری توسط رژیم ایران شدند.

جالب اینکه بر روی یکی از پلاکاردها جمله ای به انگلیسی با مضمون «ندا، قلب تو در قلب من می تپد» نقش بسته بود.

«ندا آقا سلطان» دختر جوانی بود که دو روز پیش بر اثر اصابت گلوله به گردنش در خیابان امیرآباد، توسط مزدوران بسیجی خامنه ای به طرز وحشیانه ای به قتل رسید.

SirAlex

National Team Player
May 6, 2007
Iranbaan
دوستان سایت قلم اعلام کرده که مجروحان نام و شماره خود را برای پیگیری حقوقی اعلام کنند لطفا به همه اطلاع دهید که اینکار رانکنند ومراقب باشند

ghilich

Bench Warmer
Oct 12, 2004
usa
The regime's GHASAB'S have only left this ONE option for the people to voice their protests against this sham of an election. Allahoakbar is NOT what many of these people want to chant....nor what they believe in anymore, I bet even the leftist, the atheists in Iran are swallowing their pride and chanting this just as slap to the face of the GHASABS. QUITE BRILLIANT. REALLY. I like them to come out and say, you have NO PERMISSION TO CHANT ALLAHO AKBAR!!!

ghilich

Bench Warmer
Oct 12, 2004
usa
I highly recommend Nitrik's post of the event in Columbia university above, especially the speeches by the 2nd and 3rd speakers. Please watch it. WHAT A LEGAL RESPONSE TO RAHBAR BY THE AYATOLLAH KADIVAR and then by the Iranian professor that followed him as well, about NON-VIOLENT civil disobedience and its origins going back to Saadi. AND TO THE BEAUTIFUL YOUNG PEOPLE IN THE STREETS IN IRAN, PUTTING IT IN ACTION, when they save Basiji's, to our BEAUTIFUL WOMEN, when they save men from being beaten by the police/Basiji's and to the UNIFYING nature of this GREEN MOVEMENT. This is a HOME GROWN movement. DOROOD BAR MARDOMEH IRAN.

The regime's GHASAB'S have only left this ONE option for the people to voice their protests against this sham of an election. Allahoakbar is NOT what many of these people want to chant....nor what they believe in anymore, I bet even the leftist, the atheists in Iran are swallowing their pride and chanting this just as slap to the face of the GHASABS. QUITE BRILLIANT. REALLY. I like them to come out and say, you have NO PERMISSION TO CHANT ALLAHO AKBAR!!!
I'm an atheist like so many others in Iran and this regime's school system had a lot to do with it(you despise what's shoved down your throat even if it's gold).

Having said that, this video had a huge impact on me. I'm still in shock how motivating, inspiring and kind'a scary the people sound when they're all chanting the same thing from their roof-tops.

Other nations certainly need to learn a thing or two about creative ways of protest from Iranians!

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
I'm an atheist like so many others in Iran and this regime's school system had a lot to do with it(you despise what's shoved down your throat even if it's gold).

Having said that, this video had a huge impact on me. I'm still in shock how motivating, inspiring and kind'a scary the people sound when they're all chanting the same thing from their roof-tops.

Other nations certainly need to learn a thing or two about creative ways of protest from Iranians!
Same here. As an atheist and a very anti religious person, I find myself wanting to yell ALLAH AKBAR, just to support my brothers and sisters.

pesech

Ball Boy
May 16, 2009
whoa whoa whoa, so many atheist in iran? are you sure about that?
correct me if im wrong,
just cause they not that religious dont mean they atheist

whoa whoa whoa, so many atheist in iran? are you sure about that?
correct me if im wrong,
just cause they not that religious dont mean they atheist
I didn't say the majority of people are atheists, but there is certainly many of them. You don't need to tell me aziz. I grew up in the system. I was born in a semi-religious family myself and know many of the details that most muslims wouldn't even care to know. I also know that most people I went to school with happened to turn away from what they had learned and took comfort in spending the rest of their lives searching for the true meaning of God. A God different than the one that sends its own creatures to hell.

ball_hugger

Bench Warmer
Feb 11, 2005
I didn't say the majority of people are atheists, but there is certainly many of them. You don't need to tell me aziz. I grew up in the system. I was born in a semi-religious family myself and know many of the details that most muslims wouldn't even care to know. I also know that most people I went to school with happened to turn away from what they had learned and took comfort in spending the rest of their lives searching for the true meaning of God. A God different than the one that sends its own creatures to hell.

yep another atheist here :)

I have been one for about 10yrs now and during my last trip to iran I was shocked to learn of other atheists there including my 70 years old uncle and his wife,, and its not like he ever lived in other countries or was introduced to anti religious debate or thoughts!! his character and personality made me very proud... I guess I know where I get my heretic genes from!!

pesech

Ball Boy
May 16, 2009
alrite was just making sure, let me get this right,
i am in same situation as you, semi religious as in not so religious you mean right?

except the only reason why i say im muslim is because my parents and the ones before were, i kiss the quran every now and then but i do not pray nor do i follow alot/some of the rules.

but i am in between both sides, so what would that make me?

athimus? lol

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
i'm just real glad that the term Allaho Akbar is finally being shown to the world as something that symbolizes (the will for) peace and freedom as it should, rather than aggression as it's usually portrayed.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
alrite was just making sure, let me get this right,
i am in same situation as you, semi religious as in not so religious you mean right?

except the only reason why i say im muslim is because my parents and the ones before were, i kiss the quran every now and then but i do not pray nor do i follow alot/some of the rules.

but i am in between both sides, so what would that make me?

athimus? lol
almost there ;)

pesech

Ball Boy
May 16, 2009
yep another atheist here :)

I have been one for about 10yrs now and during my last trip to iran I was shocked to learn of other atheists there including my 70 years old uncle and his wife,, and its not like he ever lived in other countries or was introduced to anti religious debate or thoughts!! his character and personality made me very proud... I guess I know where I get my heretic genes from!!
i know theres alot of atheist irooni's outside, and i mean alot !
and yes, i know there are quite a few atheist iroonis as well as i have some friends that are atheist in iran.

But you know, relegion or not, as long as there is respect there is peace !!!!!!

ball_hugger

Bench Warmer
Feb 11, 2005
i know theres alot of atheist irooni's outside, and i mean alot !
and yes, i know there are quite a few atheist iroonis as well as i have some friends that are atheist in iran.

But you know, relegion or not, as long as there is respect there is peace !!!!!!

peace is attainable by alot of different means including overwhelming force but well being and stability which usually leads to peace is only attainable by logic!

also I would say you are probably considered an agnostic!

pesech

Ball Boy
May 16, 2009
peace is attainable by alot of different means including overwhelming force but well being and stability which usually leads to peace is only attainable by logic!

also I would say you are probably considered an agnostic!
alrite this is from wiki : Agnosticism refers to knowledge, while atheism and theism refer to belief

sounds good ;)