Talents Abroad and Potential TM Call Up

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
Now that the next round of WCQ is around the corner, in addition to the domestic talent, it does not hurt to keep track of talented players of Iranian origin playing abroad.

According to this article, both Iraqis and Iranians are after a young Irish player of Kurdish origin. The article is so poorly done that his name is mentioned both as Neil Hadi and Neilid Ellahi!

Anyone has any additional info?

[h=1]عراقی***ها به دنبال بازیکن مد نظر تیم ملی ایران [/h] ورزش > فوتبال ملی - ورزش سه نوشت: نام جدیدترین بازیکن دو ملیتی مد نظر کارلوس کی***روش برای حضور در تیم ملی ایران فاش شد.

بنابر اعلام رسانه***های عراقی راضی شنیشل که اخیراً دوباره به عنوان سرمربی تیم ملی عراق انتخاب شده در اولین اقدام خود از فدراسیون فوتبال عراق خواسته تا مقدمات حضور بازیکنی متولد دوبلین که کارلوس کروش در تلاش برای بردن او به تیم ملی ایران است را در تیم ملی عراق فراهم سازد. بنا بر ادعای رسانه***های عراقی نیل هادی بازیکن 22 ساله متولد دوبلین که سابقه بازی در تمام رده***های پایه تیم ملی ایرلند را دارد یک تماس تلفنی برای حضور در تیم ملی ایران دریافت کرده است و حالا شنیشل قصد دارد تا پیش از کروش بتواند این بازیکن را به تیم خود ببرد. رسانه***های عراقی مدعی***اند نیل هادی از پدر و مادر کرد اهل کوفه به دنیا آمده است اما اغلب سایت***های معتبر فوتبال جهان همچون ترانسفر مارکت این بازیکن را نیلید الهی و از دو ملیت ایرلندی و ایرانی معرفی کرده***اند. این بازیکن 190 سانتی متری در پست دفاع مرکزی سابقه بازی برای تیم***های بارنلی و سوانسی انگلیس را داشته و آخرین تیم او هم دروگدا یونایتد ایرلند بوده است. کروش پیش از این بازیکنان دو ملیتی همچون دژاگه، قوچان نژاد، داوری، بیت آشور، نظری، آتشکده و .... به تیم ملی دعوت کرده بود.

Last edited:

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
from an article dated Oct. 2015:

Bolton Wanderers' 16 year old Iranian striker Alex Samizadeh scored again yesterday.
Key word being 'again'.

He scored a hat-trick on his debut for the U18 team, with three more to follow in the next three outings.

Born in Tehran, the capital city of Iran, and moved to England in December 2013. He started playing for Curzon Ashton's under-18s team in June 2014, quickly graduating to their first team before moving on to Bolton via a stint with Manchester City.

He also came off the bench to score on his debut for the U21 team on September 8th:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhHZogK9FKk

Nov 24, 2002
Alex Samizadeh is another youngster to have an eye on, the 17-years-old has scored 22 goals at youth level (u18 & u21) this year and has been featured at senior level for Bolton last month

A bright, White future is in store for Alex Samizadeh
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14412784.A_bright__White_future_is_in_store_for_Sami/
We had a report about him in our facebook page while back..
https://www.facebook.com/IranSports...109843096496/1113462352061235/?type=3&theater

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
To be honest, i think there are 3 interesting options that could be added that are well worth trying out.

Ryan Tafazolli
Saman Ghoddos
Alexander Samizadeh

Actually maybe 4, if you want to give Agil Etemadi a chance too. He's doing well for his club in Holland.

Nov 24, 2002
To be honest, i think there are 3 interesting options that could be added that are well worth trying out.

Ryan Tafazolli
Saman Ghoddos
Alexander Samizadeh

Actually maybe 4, if you want to give Agil Etemadi a chance too. He's doing well for his club in Holland.
You are spot on about three names you mentioned, i guess they are probably best possible cases, but lets face it with core of young talents in TM and the fact that clubs now have to have at least certain number of U23 players in squad(One of few good things Taj did and that is why league is younger now), also the fact that, this generation of players are more talented than back to 4 years a go when CQ took over, i don't see any of these guys get a real shot at this moment UNLESS they play in top level football.
If we go one by one :
-Tafazoli play in 3rd division in England, because of aging Hosseini and Montazeri, the only way i see this guy get a call is if he play next season in Championship and play regulary ofcourse
-Samizadeh: with Bolton relegated to 3rd division, i don't know what will be this guy's case, Anyway he is only 17 and seems more like long term project, the fact the he played some minutes at this age in championship was a good sign
Ghoddos: his team just promoted to Sweden top league, let see what he does in higher level competition

The good thing is all of these 3 guys are pretty young, so if they continue to progress why not..

About Etemadi, he is what like 29? came to Iran, didn't play much with Tractor, came back to Holland and playing in second division so i don't think he has a shot unless he transfers to better league in first division. He seems to have a decent season though, i watched his last game highlight and he was simply amazing. The question is if he is better than our 4 possible candidates(Haghighi, Mazaheri, Beiranvand, Akhbari), the answer is No.

Problem with our keeper is no one actually is head and shoulder better than other. For me all 4 names mentioned are in same level with probably Beiranvand and maybe Mazaheri having an edge.
If it was up to me my 4 choices for keeper would be :
1)Beiranvand
2) Mazaheri
3)Haghighi
4)Akhbari

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
You are spot on about three names you mentioned, i guess they are probably best possible cases, but lets face it with core of young talents in TM and the fact that clubs now have to have at least certain number of U23 players in squad(One of few good things Taj did and that is why league is younger now), also the fact that, this generation of players are more talented than back to 4 years a go when CQ took over, i don't see any of these guys get a real shot at this moment UNLESS they play in top level football.
If we go one by one :
-Tafazoli play in 3rd division in England, because of aging Hosseini and Montazeri, the only way i see this guy get a call is if he play next season in Championship and play regulary ofcourse
-Samizadeh: with Bolton relegated to 3rd division, i don't know what will be this guy's case, Anyway he is only 17 and seems more like long term project, the fact the he played some minutes at this age in championship was a good sign
Ghoddos: his team just promoted to Sweden top league, let see what he does in higher level competition

The good thing is all of these 3 guys are pretty young, so if they continue to progress why not..

About Etemadi, he is what like 29? came to Iran, didn't play much with Tractor, came back to Holland and playing in second division so i don't think he has a shot unless he transfers to better league in first division. He seems to have a decent season though, i watched his last game highlight and he was simply amazing. The question is if he is better than our 4 possible candidates(Haghighi, Mazaheri, Beiranvand, Akhbari), the answer is No.

Problem with our keeper is no one actually is head and shoulder better than other. For me all 4 names mentioned are in same level with probably Beiranvand and maybe Mazaheri having an edge.
If it was up to me my 4 choices for keeper would be :
1)Beiranvand
2) Mazaheri
3)Haghighi
4)Akhbari
Ryan Tafazoli- He's leaving Mansfield at the end of the season, he wants to move up to a better league which will be good for his exposure to Queiroz! Besides, i don't think playing in the 3rd division in England should be an issue/factor at all, Australia just invited Brad Inman in their latest list to the Socceroos and he plays his trade in a recently relegated side from the same league Ryan plays in. Australia consistently invites players from the second or third divisions in England in fact. Ryan has been quite stellar for Mansfield for the past 2-3 seasons now. If he can actually manage to find a club in the Championship or even the Scottish League which he previously had offers from, it would be a good move. 47 games this season for Mansfield, 6 goals, 2 assists. Which for a CB is quite impressive.

Samizadeh, I agree that he is young and we should give him time and see how he fares, (considering that our attacking options atm are quite adequate anyways) if he could show himself for a club like Bolton at the age of 17 in League One next season, that would be great. I personally think considering his age, the smart thing would be that he stays at Bolton and establishes himself there and hopefully promotes back to the Championship as hopefully an established first team player.

Ghoddos, he's already kicked off his career in the Allsvenskan pretty good actually. Starting player for his team, and has so far scored 3 and assisted 2 in 13 games (which includes 4 games in the cup)

Etemadi, he's the captain at Almere FC and they are actually in the play-offs at the moment and might even play in the Eredivise next season (slight possibility). Also reports that Herenveen are interested in acquiring him back following his good performances. He deserves a shot i think, he's had a great season at Almere this year. I personally really like Mazaheri, Beiranvand & Akhbari who i believe are our top 3 keepers at the moment. But a keeper can sometimes develop quite late, and i mean based on performances alone from last season up until now. Etemadi deserves an invite. It wouldn't hurt.