Tea Party Stuns GOP !!

Dec 12, 2002
usa
well it reminds me of franech reaction to government the time of dissatisfaction . as you know they vote for communist party the time system is going in a wrong direction and we all know french are not crazy about communism ( with their lazy life style or good one i must say) .
however in last 20 years america has been going to downhill in many aspects . but i believe this will pass . however it is good to see canda is doing good . but kheyli sarde .

Dec 12, 2002
usa
baba gonah dare akhe ma be hame mitoonim thanks begim except niloufar .btw hala ke in tori ye fence ham dor postesh bekishid ke post ha nazidik be ham nebashand .thanks in advanced
anyway at end of the years you just giveher 500 thanks az traf tamam doustan .

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
well it reminds me of franech reaction to government the time of dissatisfaction . as you know they vote for communist party the time system is going in a wrong direction and we all know french are not crazy about communism ( with their lazy life style or good one i must say) .
however in last 20 years america has been going to downhill in many aspects . but i believe this will pass . however it is good to see canda is doing good . but kheyli sarde .
true Payan jan, but if New York and Chicago residents can handle their cold winters, they can handle Montreal-Toronto's cold weather too!;)

but yeah Canada is in much better shape, cuz smarter officials/parties and a minority govt run the country. but still it relies too much on U.S Economy, so Canada's economy will be slow for a while too.

Dec 12, 2002
usa
nilou jan, i wouldn't live in chicago and newyork neither, i like dry weather and sunny , this sin city was great till 6,7 years, now trafic is another problem . well right now my stuggle is different, physically , i guess i will come back .i have to .

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
Tea Party is not about either parties - in fact it is against both.
From what I read and see, every Tea Party candidate that won did so on a Republican ticket. So they are Republicans. The reason they "stung the GOP" is because they belong to the very far right wing of the party, hence likey to lose in the general election, because most people in America are still far more moderate than to vote for "extremists" on either side of the isle. The fact that GOP itself believes these candidates are going to lose in the general election by a good margin is in itself an indication of their politcial alienation, and lack of major support among the general population.

If anyone - Tea Party is following the Ross Perot ideals
Not really. It's a hodge-podge is what it is. Take a little Ross Perot's "united-we-stand", mix it with a bit of Ron Paul's defiance, add a pinch of fear-driven "we need strong defense" and racism, a few other small ingredients, and you get Tea Party.

Khorus

National Team Player
Oct 25, 2002
CA
Is it my ignorance on the matter, or are these tea party "figures" basically ultra conservative republicans who are just plain nuts, bigots, or both, who think that the republicans have gone too far to the left? From what little I know, as long as the drum beaters for this party are the likes of Palin and Beck, this party won't be taken seriously by anybody with an ounce of common sense.

Mehran(ISP)

<b>Administrator</b>
Oct 16, 2002
MD, USA
From what I'm reading; they're only major win was in Delaware. Aparently the NH should of been a close one, edge going to Tea party and they didn't win.

Oct 18, 2002
Is it my ignorance on the matter, or are these tea party "figures" basically ultra conservative republicans who are just plain nuts, bigots, or both, who think that the republicans have gone too far to the left? From what little I know, as long as the drum beaters for this party are the likes of Palin and Beck, this party won't be taken seriously by anybody with an ounce of common sense.
Their relationship to republicans seem to be what the moveon.org crowd was to the democrat party. Obviously on two opposite directions.

What always surprises me is how come people down in good old USA get so excited about two parties that are only slightly different ideologically. In Canada we complain that the ideological line between parties have been blurred, but in US it is non existent. US politics is essentially local/regional; i.e. each politician caters to what the majority in his local riding want regardless of his/her party affiliations.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Khorus, Eshghi & Deerouz jaan
I think it's kind of naive to assume tea party is comprised of a bunch of radical extremist religious fools, as the media and the establishment portrays them to be. It is becoming more and more evident that this "constitutionalist" antoi lobby group has the upper hand all across America - even in places which have been predominantely Democrat. If you think tea partiers are freaks then you think majority of Americans are freaks - and if that is the case then we are all in trouble!! I don't know how it is out there in California anymore, but over here in Florida we actually see and live with Americans !!! (at least 2nd generation or longer) majority of whom are decent, moral, and certainly not religious freaks. America is going anti-establishment - be it democrat or republican. In fact all but ONE Republican incombant (establishment) senators had been attacking O'Donnel. They don't want tea party endorsments determine outcome of elections as they have. They are scared - they want staus quo, and do not want a new group looking into their past voting on Senate or Congress floors.

Don't let Democrats, or Republicans fool you with the games they play - the latest: Democrats want to extend tax cuts for those who make less than $250,000/year, but the Evil Republicans want tax cuts to be extended for all........as a result they will suspend all tax cuts - screwing all groups - while pointing at the other side as the guilty party.

I find it shameful for ANY Iranian to support any group comprised of people like George Soros, Brzezinski,.... and other bastards who sat in the "Center for Strategic and International Studies", "Council of Foreign Relations".... and devised plans on how to go along with Iran's destruction. They are still at it - and some of you folks are supporting them, thinking somehow the Democrats will protect your financial interests against the rich in America.

Finally - The current Republican and Democrat establishments is the problem - something happens to election winners when they get to Washington (lobby?) - we are out to fix the problem - and many of you are helping the establishment by supporting the Democrat side of the same coin. I understand some of your concerns about how ONLY Republicans are being endorsed by the Tea Party so far - but that is because so far they have been the candidates that endorsed the "Constitution" and it's re-establishment. Me too have a lot of concerns over some decietful Republicans who pretend to be constitutionalist in order gain the TP support.

Last edited:

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
If you think tea partiers are freaks then you think majority of Americans are freaks
It's quite concerning that you try to make people believe that 18% of the population represent the whole nation. (18 percent of Americans identify themselves as Tea Party supporters)

but then thats what drinking cool aid does to one.

keep on spreading those lies.

Oct 20, 2003
Don't let Democrats, or Republicans fool you with the games they play - the latest: Democrats want to extend tax cuts for those who make less than $250,000/year, but the Evil Republicans want tax cuts to be extended for all........as a result they will suspend all tax cuts - screwing all groups - while pointing at the other side as the guilty party.
That is totally false, there is no such proposal being discussed. In fact as recently as this past Friday, the House of Representative GOP leader had indicated that he might go along with the expiration of the tax cuts for the rich. In a recent poll majority of Americans wanted the tax cut for the rich to expire http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20016602-503544.html. GOP wants to extend the tax cuts but cannot come up with sources of revenue to fund the cuts.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Natural -
18% !!! - Yeh right. Keep attracting more illegal immigrants and hand out seekers on your side - that will help.
Instead of blindly attacking the TP - help us fix what is wrong - that is if you care for America. Foreign influence now controls much of the American Media and the White House - Hence the need for another Tea Party. Don't forget - you heared it from me first - so don't forget to thank me when you come to understand the realities..... meanwhile keep getting surprised on how 18% can cause such a jolt. Believe it or not TP biggest problem these days is not the Democrats - it's the Republicans. We have Marco Rubio in Florida endorsed by TP - leading by a wide margin. He is a son of a Cuban immigrant laborer who says all the right things - but god knows how he will behave when he gets to DC.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2004
Tea party is a very significant political force. This is reality, and reality is not according to your wishes. The results bear it out. And yes, most Americans do not like the Tea Party (though not in the same high percentage as posters on this board). This has been shown over and over in poll after poll.

What this means is that the Tea party is highly unlikely to get a President elected. However the Tea party can significantly impact the composition of house and even the senate.

In any case, I am hoping that the Republicans win huge in November. As I have stated over and over again the best practical situation for the US is a Democrat as President and a Republican house and Senate. I encourage you to vote Republican for the house and senate.

Jun 7, 2004
I have always had one impression of tea partiers.

I am stunned though about whys is that Ron's Paul son ever teamed up with Sarah Palin. It kind of scares me to death about what might be Ron Paul's real positions.
I think you may want to check your own real motives before worrying about Ron Paul's real positions.

So you worry about Ron Paul's real position because of his son's actions! :)

Jun 7, 2004
read the nytimes survey on tea partiers. and stop taking facts out of your behind.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/15/us/politics/15poll.html

so you think there are more than 63 Million people in tea party?
I quickly scanned that article; it is helpful thank you.

What stands out to me in that article is that it found that those who identify themselves with the Tea Party are angry at Washington while others may be dissatisfied with it. To me, this is the single most important identifying character. And, this is why Tea Party has been good for all Americans so far.

Americans should be angry at Washington so that they can actually be motivated to take sufficient action to stop business as usual in Washington that has been taking the country in a slow spiral towards destruction.

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
I quickly scanned that article; it is helpful thank you.

What stands out to me in that article is that it found that those who identify themselves with the Tea Party are angry at Washington while others may be dissatisfied with it. To me, this is the single most important identifying character. And, this is why Tea Party has been good for all Americans so far.

Americans should be angry at Washington so that they can actually be motivated to take sufficient action to stop business as usual in Washington that has been taking the country in a slow spiral towards destruction.
They're angry with Washington but they almost always vote republican lol.

Also where were they during the 8 disastrous years of Bush?... how come they weren't angry back then?

Jun 7, 2004
They're angry with Washington but they almost always vote republican lol.

Also where were they during the 8 disastrous years of Bush?... how come they weren't angry back then?
No, that is a false set up to draw a conclusion.

Tea party did not come about because Obama came to power. It came about because the shit hit the fan with the financial crisis. You can check the history of the Tea Party movement and you will see that this is precisely the case. It actually took root in the blue states and not in the red states. If the financial crisis and the response that followed had happened early in Bush's term there would be the Tea party all the same.

What is true, is that once the Tea became sizable then Palin Republicans who had no home attached themselves to the Tea party along with all sorts other groups who wish to profit from an existing movement. It is very much similar to the peace rallies that is mostly dominated by Democrats. I have been to quite a few of them and the way it works is that everyone who has no home comes just to attach themselves to a movement and they are peace +. That is they say peace AND this one other thing that we stand for.