Nov 10, 2002
New blackberry Android phone: Priv
The reviews are good + you could run the hub which is amazing notification

[video=youtube;gwDT-77xo_Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwDT-77xo_Y[/video]

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
After giving it some consideration, I think my next computer will be the Microsoft Surface Pro. I will wait until the new ones come out and I honestly think the $1500 ones will get the job done. The $2500 ones are nice but that is a huge price tag and it will do the work that I need it to do.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
New blackberry Android phone: Priv
The reviews are good + you could run the hub which is amazing notification
The HUB is amazing, however its totally broken on Android, did you try it? Unlike the one on BB OS, this one you get the notification, but to reply, you still have to navigate to the app which kills the UX.

After giving it some consideration, I think my next computer will be the Microsoft Surface Pro. I will wait until the new ones come out and I honestly think the $1500 ones will get the job done. The $2500 ones are nice but that is a huge price tag and it will do the work that I need it to do.
I got the Surface Pro 4 as well, really good device.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
The HUB is amazing, however its totally broken on Android, did you try it? Unlike the one on BB OS, this one you get the notification, but to reply, you still have to navigate to the app which kills the UX.
Yeah I did, more work is needed on the Hub. I also dont' get it why they don't put a gesture that activates hub when you swipe from left to right of screen, the same as BB10 devices.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV

I got the Surface Pro 4 as well, really good device.
Did you get the $1500 one or the $2500 one and did you try both of them out when you bought it? Which one would you go with? I mean if the $1500 one does the job would you recommend that one or is it worth it spending the extra 1k for the better one? By the time I get some rental income and what not, the Surface Pro 5's will probably come out. Usually I buy a middle of the road computer and wait 3-4 years until a new operating software comes out. I can milk the one I currently have for another year. Let me know what you think between the two.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Did you get the $1500 one or the $2500 one and did you try both of them out when you bought it? Which one would you go with? I mean if the $1500 one does the job would you recommend that one or is it worth it spending the extra 1k for the better one? By the time I get some rental income and what not, the Surface Pro 5's will probably come out. Usually I buy a middle of the road computer and wait 3-4 years until a new operating software comes out. I can milk the one I currently have for another year. Let me know what you think between the two.
This is really not about money, its about what you planning to do with the device, i got the i5 8gb ram, for me this is enough as I have a i7 with 32 gb RAM for all my editing (photo and Video) so for me this was good, You need to tell me how you going to use the device, then I can recommend a CPU for you.

Thank you,

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
This is really not about money, its about what you planning to do with the device, i got the i5 8gb ram, for me this is enough as I have a i7 with 32 gb RAM for all my editing (photo and Video) so for me this was good, You need to tell me how you going to use the device, then I can recommend a CPU for you.

Thank you,
I might do some things with some editing(photo and music videos I can tinker with) and basic office, internet use and if I can, some gaming(not the primary purpose though because I can always use my PS 4). I don't know what the Surface Pro models are called but I know the basic one is $1,500 and the good one is about 2500 bones. If the 1K is worth it then I won't mind spending money for it. Now I want to keep it probably for three years, until I get another one. Maybe it might be worth it saving up a bit more and getting the nicer one for once. I never get the cheap ones but I never buy the most expensive ones either. I notice that the middle of the road ones are sufficient and it seems like the 1500 one comes with some pretty decent specs. I like the fact that I can use it both as a tablet and a notebook and it detaches, plus it has a sleek design.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I might do some things with some editing(photo and music videos I can tinker with) and basic office, internet use and if I can, some gaming(not the primary purpose though because I can always use my PS 4). I don't know what the Surface Pro models are called but I know the basic one is $1,500 and the good one is about 2500 bones. If the 1K is worth it then I won't mind spending money for it. Now I want to keep it probably for three years, until I get another one. Maybe it might be worth it saving up a bit more and getting the nicer one for once. I never get the cheap ones but I never buy the most expensive ones either. I notice that the middle of the road ones are sufficient and it seems like the 1500 one comes with some pretty decent specs. I like the fact that I can use it both as a tablet and a notebook and it detaches, plus it has a sleek design.
Get core i5, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD drive.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Get core i5, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD drive.
You showed me a chart earlier describing the two surface pro's one is like $1500 and the more expensive one is like $2500. Will the $1500 one cover these specs 8 gigs of ram I five and 256 GB SSD drive? If it will get the job done then I prefer to spend $1500 instead of forking over an extra 1k(which I can use for my car that I am going ton get in a few years). Thank you though at least now I know what specs I need to get. I think even the basic surface pro that costs $1500 will cover that. I don't want to get just the tablet I know that one costs like $900, i'll pay the extra so it can be both a tablet and notebook. I agree I3 is just too dam slow and I don't think I need an I7 that might be too much core I5 is just right same with 8 gigs of ram and I am sure 256 GB will be enough for my files. If it is not, I can always pay an extra $50-100 and get an external hard drive.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Iran Inter Esteghlal and Pooya jan thank you for confirming and I just checked things out. They have a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 for $1399 on Amazon and the three year warranty is reasonable at $173. It comes with an I5, 8 gigs of ram and 256 GB. All together, with the warranty, it is going to come out to $1,500. I think it is very reasonable and I can use it for the next three years. I think I will wait until the Surface Pro 5 comes out and I can save up some money until then. Might as well because I am sure in a year or less the new one will come out. Thank you guys both for the info now I know what to get. I really think Microsoft stepped their game up and the Surface Pro will compete or do well against the Macbook Pro. I suppose if you want to do graphic design then it is good but Apple charges a ton of money because they know apple fan boys will line up and buy it.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks dude I guess the Best Buy price is more affordable. If I get that package on the link you pointed out, will it come with the pen and keyboard? Honestly I do not care about the pen that much because I probably will not use it but I care FOR SURE about the keyboard. I also know that Best Buy has some good warranty plans. I assume when you pay $1299 it comes with everything, including the keyboard and pen otherwise you will pay less and get just the tablet. Thank you again my man the computer I have right now gets the job done so I can afford to wait another year until the Surface Pro 5 comes out. You know with each generation, they are just going to improve on the previous one and the computer I have still has an I5 processor. Now it says I have 256 GB of SSD but how do I check my ram on the my computer? Is it the D drive, F drive etc where can you find your specs on the ram? Sorry for this basic question I just want to know where to go to find everything. Ok I know what I need to do now.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Thanks dude I guess the Best Buy price is more affordable. If I get that package on the link you pointed out, will it come with the pen and keyboard? Honestly I do not care about the pen that much because I probably will not use it but I care FOR SURE about the keyboard. I also know that Best Buy has some good warranty plans. I assume when you pay $1299 it comes with everything, including the keyboard and pen otherwise you will pay less and get just the tablet. Thank you again my man the computer I have right now gets the job done so I can afford to wait another year until the Surface Pro 5 comes out. You know with each generation, they are just going to improve on the previous one and the computer I have still has an I5 processor. Now it says I have 256 GB of SSD but how do I check my ram on the my computer? Is it the D drive, F drive etc where can you find your specs on the ram? Sorry for this basic question I just want to know where to go to find everything. Ok I know what I need to do now.
1) Keyboard not included.
2) Never buy protection plan, this is how they make money
3) Go to control panel and then system ... if windows 8 or 10 you could also push window button and "x" and then system.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
1) Keyboard not included.
2) Never buy protection plan, this is how they make money
3) Go to control panel and then system ... if windows 8 or 10 you could also push window button and "x" and then system.
Ok so it is $1299 then for the Surface Pro and the keyboard is not included. How much does the keyboard cost like $200? You know, I had friends who worked at Best Buy and other technology places and they told me the same thing. I mean when you think about it, most of those plans cost 2-300 so you are talking about 25% of the total cost. Sorry I am asking this but I want to know how much I need to save total so $1299 will get me the surface pro and probably another 2-300 for the keyboard. BTW the computer has 8 gigs of ram. That is why I am in no rush but it is good to do your research now and find out the final price so I can start saving for it now. Again thank you for the info.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
[video=youtube;JHSMlMtBRmc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHSMlMtBRmc[/video]

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
smart oven :D -- I love CES

[video=youtube;My7Oanmi97o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My7Oanmi97o[/video]

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
[video=youtube;JHSMlMtBRmc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHSMlMtBRmc[/video]
That is pretty cool but I've always been a fan of Dell's Ailenware and you can even get a console so you can play your games on the computer. The difference is it is more than $999 Razer, the base model will set you back at $1500. You can buy an alienware console for like $399. I was thinking of it but I am saving up for a PS4 btw. I will probably stick with a $1000 budget and get a Dell XPS. I love their batter life and they are good computers, that won't break the bank. The vid for the pic said that it would be $600 more for the Core so you are talking $1600, that is expensive. It is sick though.

As for the oven it's pretty cool but I like a stainless steal gas oven and Samsung has a nice one you can get at Home Depot for under 1k. Everything in my new pad is nice but the fridge is not stainless steal and there are some marks on the stove. It is fine and I will probably replace it in a couple of years with nicer appliances, one by one. I already got a nice Samsung dish washer btw because the other one was not that good. if you are looking for one, it is very good quality I got it on Black Friday for $600 with install and disposal. For appliances ie oven, dish washer washer/dryer you can't go wrong with Samsung.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
[video=youtube;KHSdObeUdxI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHSdObeUdxI[/video]

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
[video=youtube;idQ6dmdJOPE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idQ6dmdJOPE[/video]