Teymourian broke his hand and still continued to play yesterday

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Has anyone seen anything on this?? It was said on the Persian radio this morning that despite injuring his hand really badly he continued to play. It was found that its broken and he will be out for about 4 weeks... He has so much Gheirat and always gives his best to Iran.

Damesh Garm

Shahram

Elite Member
Oct 21, 2002
He had a cast on his arm when he came out of the airplane today, and another TM players was helping him with making a phone call on his mobile

Last edited:

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
He had a cast today at Azadi celebrations. IRIB-3 showed it live.

From yesterday's win at Ulsan

Nov 24, 2002
damesh garm , dame hameshi garm , all players who contribute to this qualification including rahmati in first couple games specially iran-uzbak in tashkand !

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Has anyone seen anything on this?? It was said on the Persian radio this morning that despite injuring his hand really badly he continued to play. It was found that its broken and he will be out for about 4 weeks... He has so much Gheirat and always gives his best to Iran.

Damesh Garm
The power of Kalbas. :)

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I was on another site (not a football site) and they were talking about Teymourian's patriotism as if there was something surprising about it!

Where exactly do people think Teymourian's loyalties lie?! It's not like he was born and raised somewhere else! Some people think Iranians with Armenian last names are more Armenian than Iranian!

Having said that, I remember Andranik Eskandarian coming on Zahab's program once and saying "Ma ghabl az Irani boodan, Armani hastim". And I thought, well, okay. And then Zahab asked him if his son Aleko (who's a professional footballer) considers himself Iranian, American or Armenian. Eskandarian immediately said "Armani".

I thought that was quite strange considering Eskandarian's history.

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
My cousin who lives in LA says that many of the Iranian "Armenians" there like to associate themselves with Iranians rather than Armenians. Don't know how true this is.

But in Iran & amongst expats, amongst the community that I've encountered, there is no such thing as being "Armenian" "Lor" "Mashadi" "Atheist" "Sunni" "Bahai" etc. we're all Iranian.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
You would find various ethnics associating themselves with others but you always have the true patriots that are more patriot than many other Iranians. This can be seen with Armenians, Jews, Kurds, Azaris, Arabs, and and and... But the bottom line is when you have love for Iran and consider it above everything else those ethnicities would not matter as much. It all matters where your loyalties are. And Teymourian is one of the biggest Iranian patriots ever. I have heard Eskandarian say the same about his son and I believe he even played for the US team so no chance for Iran anyways. Same goes for Agassi!!!

Oct 18, 2002
Antelope Valley,California
Iranian Armenians in LA, Just like Jewish Iranians, or Even Kurd Or Azari Iranians are not unified in their view of mixed loyalty.

Many Iranian Armenians before 90s would introduce themselves as Iranians first then clarification of Armenian Ethnicity.With the break down of Soviet Union and independence of Armenian republic, overnight they became patriots of the new republic. It took migration of Armenians from Ex soviet Republic TO LA for their cultural differences (or the gap in their culture-Iranian Armenians vs Armenians from Ex soviet) to become known. In few years most of that crowd ,despite of Islamic Republic, was happy to associate with Iran and Irani again........
When you bear dual cultural identity ,the notion of loyalty or patriotism is not black and white anymore. Some will sway to either direction , like the case of aghassi and Eskandarian but most will try to maintain both identities, culture and loyalty.
To varying degree you see the same concept amongst Iranian Jews,Kurds and even Azaris..............
Most Jewish Iranians that I know ,love Iran. Alot of them are very versed in Iranian literature.More articulate and basavad than typical Iranians of West LA or Valley abad. But they also like Israel as a nation. There is also a smaller group of more Ortodox type that considers Israel homeland.
I do not think is fair nor democratic to expect some one that has been raised in dual culture to dismiss one identity in favor of other...
Now multipy this by the fact that all these expat minority group member have lived abroad for 3 decades+ , and some have married to other culture. Imagin those poor kids that have to figure out if they are Iranian/American/Azari or armenian/or latin heritage from Mom's side??????

Live the life of Internationalist!

Feb 22, 2005
Greatly put, and there is only one reason, millions of smart Iranians around the world cant contribute to the well being of Iran. It is called backward Islamic republic regime and their supporters.

Football showed us how Dejagah and Gucci playing did for Iran qualifying. You can multiply that million times what Iranians outside can do. But F***ing regime supporters are running around taking all social freedoms and political away because of Islam, making Iran an Islamic toilet that very few Iranians would want to live.

Iranian Armenians in LA, Just like Jewish Iranians, or Even Kurd Or Azari Iranians are not unified in their view of mixed loyalty.

Many Iranian Armenians before 90s would introduce themselves as Iranians first then clarification of Armenian Ethnicity.With the break down of Soviet Union and independence of Armenian republic, overnight they became patriots of the new republic. It took migration of Armenians from Ex soviet Republic TO LA for their cultural differences (or the gap in their culture-Iranian Armenians vs Armenians from Ex soviet) to become known. In few years most of that crowd ,despite of Islamic Republic, was happy to associate with Iran and Irani again........
When you bear dual cultural identity ,the notion of loyalty or patriotism is not black and white anymore. Some will sway to either direction , like the case of aghassi and Eskandarian but most will try to maintain both identities, culture and loyalty.
To varying degree you see the same concept amongst Iranian Jews,Kurds and even Azaris..............
Most Jewish Iranians that I know ,love Iran. Alot of them are very versed in Iranian literature.More articulate and basavad than typical Iranians of West LA or Valley abad. But they also like Israel as a nation. There is also a smaller group of more Ortodox type that considers Israel homeland.
I do not think is fair nor democratic to expect some one that has been raised in dual culture to dismiss one identity in favor of other...
Now multipy this by the fact that all these expat minority group member have lived abroad for 3 decades+ , and some have married to other culture. Imagin those poor kids that have to figure out if they are Iranian/American/Azari or armenian/or latin heritage from Mom's side??????

Live the life of Internationalist!

Nov 24, 2002
I was on another site (not a football site) and they were talking about Teymourian's patriotism as if there was something surprising about it!

Where exactly do people think Teymourian's loyalties lie?! It's not like he was born and raised somewhere else! Some people think Iranians with Armenian last names are more Armenian than Iranian!

Having said that, I remember Andranik Eskandarian coming on Zahab's program once and saying "Ma ghabl az Irani boodan, Armani hastim". And I thought, well, okay. And then Zahab asked him if his son Aleko (who's a professional footballer) considers himself Iranian, American or Armenian. Eskandarian immediately said "Armani".

I thought that was quite strange considering Eskandarian's history.
not true . I know some Armenians here from Egypt, Lebanon , Syria and even Iran and they never consider themselves from these countries . when you ask them they simply say we are Armenian and some say we are from Armenia lol . this is the funniest part because some even told me we cant even connect with Armenians from Armenia , they have more Russian mentalities while we have more middle eastern 's one .. even their accent isn't same .
Armenians from iran talk more like Armenians from Armenia and the other ones ( from Lebanon, Syria, Egypt and turkey have different accent)

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I have many Armenian friends both fom Isfahan (fro before) and from here LA. All of them consider themselves Iranian 1st. One of them is married to an Armenian from Armenia and he hates them. He says they are from a different planet. For example the grand ma is not touchy feely like Iranians and Armenians from Iran. She doesn't kiss & ghorboon sadaghe the kid. I told him maybe its just that family & he said they are all the fucking same! Another interesting thing is Armenian Esfahanis have this cliquish thing that they only mingle together. I heard this from a Tehrooni Armani he said they only hang out amongst themselves & their accent is Isfahani-Armani too much different than theirs. He works at a dealership in Glendale (little Jolfa) and he said the Isfaani Armenians are the majority.

Nov 24, 2002
I have many Armenian friends both fom Isfahan (fro before) and from here LA. All of them consider themselves Iranian 1st. One of them is married to an Armenian from Armenia and he hates them. He says they are from a different planet. For example the grand ma is not touchy feely like Iranians and Armenians from Iran. She doesn't kiss & ghorboon sadaghe the kid. I told him maybe its just that family & he said they are all the fucking same! Another interesting thing is Armenian Esfahanis have this cliquish thing that they only mingle together. I heard this from a Tehrooni Armani he said they only hang out amongst themselves & their accent is Isfahani-Armani too much different than theirs. He works at a dealership in Glendale (little Jolfa) and he said the Isfaani Armenians are the majority.
dude do you live in phoenix?