Teymourian...

iranissick

Bench Warmer
Dec 10, 2005
london, on
he's been at this club for 4 months....and not even a place on the bench. and bolton does not have incredible players to justify him not being in the squad...
i wonder if he should move away from this club in the xmas window....training with an english team is good.but a player needs matches
and the sad thing is that teymourian was a revelation at the world cup..and many people got excited. this is not what we wanted to happen to him.

your thoughts...?

Oct 18, 2002
Southern California
At this point I am totally done with this legioner thing.

What I mean is that we send our players to UAE which results in their demise and they are wasted forever or when we send them to europe they end up either not playing at all resulting in them forgetting how to play!......or if they get playing time then TM has such a hard time getting permission for them to join us until 1 or 2 days before important matches which is not enough time for them to be in sync with the team.

I am quite sure that if all our players played in IRAN in our crappy IPL our TM would be stronger or atleast more "Hamahang" as a team. I believe the reason some of these arab countries play better together as a team is because their players play inside their countries and have regular camps in which they practice and play together but not our team.

My two cents.

sirabi

News Team
Sep 19, 2005
I still think he should wait until the end of the season and see what Allardyce's plans are then. It takes at least 6 months for a player to get used to the English league so he should wait. There are usually injuries after the crowded winter schedule so he might get a chance there. Also, there are rumors of Campo's return to Spain and Speed is not getting any younger. The problem will be if Allardyce makes some big name signings to replace them if they leave. But he may go with Teimourian so it's not without hope yet. A loan move might help but that usually means a player is transferred so that's risky as well.

Aug 26, 2005
Campo and Speed are getting on, whether by age or new club so Ando will get his chance once these two are done. BTW they're doing very well this season - I doubt Allardyce is even thinking of changing anything.

he's been at this club for 4 months....and not even a place on the bench. and bolton does not have incredible players to justify him not being in the squad...
i wonder if he should move away from this club in the xmas window....training with an english team is good.but a player needs matches
and the sad thing is that teymourian was a revelation at the world cup..and many people got excited. this is not what we wanted to happen to him.

your thoughts...?
Iranian player from IPL going to EPL is like borat do the Samo wrestling .

Our players need advosor not an agent

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Our players need far better physical toughness and fitness to compete in the premiership. In England you don't get much time on the ball and you have to be quick and running all the time. it takes a completely different set of skills and awareness to compete in the English game, at all levels of it. I was very doubtful that Bagheri would make it at Charlton for this very reason and when I heard Teymourian is coming over I was skeptical he would be ready for it. Particularly in a team like Bolton known for their toughness and hard work ethic. Dribbling and silky skill can only get you so far in England.

ardy

Legionnaire
Nov 25, 2004
San Diego Armando Maradona, CA
Our players need far better physical toughness and fitness to compete in the premiership. In England you don't get much time on the ball and you have to be quick and running all the time. it takes a completely different set of skills and awareness to compete in the English game, at all levels of it. I was very doubtful that Bagheri would make it at Charlton for this very reason and when I heard Teymourian is coming over I was skeptical he would be ready for it. Particularly in a team like Bolton known for their toughness and hard work ethic. Dribbling and silky skill can only get you so far in England.
Some people CLEARLY have not idea when they talk about a certain player. If there is one thing special about Ando that would be his physical toughness and fitness. He said it himself on TV that he is among the top 5 in Bolton's fitness tests.

As others like Dr and peyz have mentioned before, Ando lacks offensive vision in his game (he doesn't make good choices after he wins the ball). But since he is very hard working and dedicated, he has a lot more room for improvement and I'm very optimistic about his future.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
Some people CLEARLY have not idea when they talk about a certain player. If there is one thing special about Ando that would be his physical toughness and fitness. He said it himself on TV that he is among the top 5 in Bolton's fitness tests.
If you are going to address me then please do the polite thing and do so directly. Don't quote me and then say 'some people'. I am not 'some people', I have a name here, which by the way, happens to be my real name. It's basic manners. Thank you.

As for Ando's fitness, he maybe fit but anybody who knows anything about football will tell you that different styles of football pose different challenges to new players that come in. Players as big as Veron couldn't hack the pace and toughness of the premiership. It didn't mean he wasn't fit. When Viera left to Italy he said he finally found some time on the ball and found the EPL much tougher. Only recently Ballack said the same thing.

So fitness he may have but getting used to the physical challenges and pace of EPL is really quite something else which I hope you can learn to distinguish between.

ardy

Legionnaire
Nov 25, 2004
San Diego Armando Maradona, CA
If you are going to address me then please do the polite thing and do so directly. Don't quote me and then say 'some people'. I am not 'some people', I have a name here, which by the way, happens to be my real name. It's basic manners. Thank you.

As for Ando's fitness, he maybe fit but anybody who knows anything about football will tell you that different styles of football pose different challenges to new players that come in. Players as big as Veron couldn't hack the pace and toughness of the premiership. It didn't mean he wasn't fit. When Viera left to Italy he said he finally found some time on the ball and found the EPL much tougher. Only recently Ballack said the same thing.

So fitness he may have but getting used to the physical challenges and pace of EPL is really quite something else which I hope you can learn to distinguish between.
Behrooz,

Speaking of basic manners, you addressed me as some people in the following thread http://forums.iransportspress.com/showthread.php?p=339551#post339551, so with all due respect to you and your football knowledge, please teach yourself to be polite first.
And I know about the difference between fitness and physical strength and do believe Ando has both for EPL level. He won some one to one battles against Mexicans who play very physical and also against Portuguese in the WC which showed his physical strength.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
ardy,

I have never conversed with you on any topic and don't know you from Adam. In that thread you post a link to I wasn't referring to you in particular, made obvious by the fact that I haven't quoted your or anyone else's post in particular. That's the difference here. If I was replying specifically to your message and probably didn't even have you in mind. I wouldn't have used 'some people' in that case.

On Ando, it is one thing to play in one off world cup matches and quite another to turn up and do it week in week out. That's why you often get players shine in the word cup by surprise, or those who have a good world cup and don't do anything and are never heard of again after.
I am sure Ando is not one of these cases, I am sure we will hear much more about him in the future but at the moment there is clearly a footballing reason why he is not in the Bolton team.

TheAli

Bench Warmer
Jul 8, 2003
3-rahe Farmaniye

As others like Dr and peyz have mentioned before, Ando lacks offensive vision in his game (he doesn't make good choices after he wins the ball). But since he is very hard working and dedicated, he has a lot more room for improvement and I'm very optimistic about his future.
It is true that Ando has good speed and stamina, and that he lacks offensive vision. His role is more defensive than offensive though. If he learns to make accurate passes (after he wins the ball) he will have a place in the first 11. I believe his lacks are more fundamental that just offensive vision. He possibly needs to play in a lighter league (like Austria for instance) for a year or two before he starts playing in Premiership. I whole heartedly believe that this kid has a lot of potential (and so the manager believes i guess) but lacks professionalism which he should gain spending more time around real professionals.

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
It is true that Ando has good speed and stamina, and that he lacks offensive vision. His role is more defensive that offensive though. If he learns to make accurate passes (after he wins the ball) he will have a plac in the first 11. I believe his lacks are more fundamental that just offensive vision. He possibly needs to play in a lighter league (like Austria for instance) for a year or two before he starts playing in Premiership. I whole heartedly believe that this kid has a lot of potential (and so the manager believes i guess) but lacks professionalism which he should gain spending more time around real professionals.

I agree , as you and sirabi and behrooz and kaz also mentioned . It is very tough in England and gets some getting used to ,but the thing is bolton are getting results with their current squad ,given the toughness of the league i am sure Ando will get his chance late in the season and he should grab that chance with both hands ! ...
I think Bagheri was very unlucky in England ,losing his father within a week of arriving and constant injuries sealed his fate without him really being able to have a go at it ! If he had a bit more luck on his side he may have had a diferrent career in England .